What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

Kid Ryan

What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

• Winamp
    • Media Player Classic and/or Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
    • BS Player
    • GOM Player
    • MPlayer and/or MPlayer Extended
    • Windows Media Player
    • Zoom Player
    • RealPlayer (this not dead yet?)
    • DivX Player
    • KMPlayer
    • Quicktime
    • VLC Player
    • Other (Tell Us/Please Explain)

@Sick

Well when someone sends me an email saying they have problem playing the file and I ask what player they use, 9 times out of 10 they reply with VLC.

I tell em it's shit, and get MPC-HC with CCCP.

Sometimes they argue at first, but usually they go and try it. They all end up having NO problems.

VLC sucks face it. I'm tired of having to give help because everyone wants to use a FAIL player.

On EDK, I'm probably going to have to leave a message saying we only support MPC-HC with CCCP, and will not provide tech support for other shitty playback solutions. So if you have problems get it, if you have it and still have problems (very unlikely unless you are an idiot who failed to install properly, have other codecs interfering, or have a corrupt or unfinished downloaded video) then send me an email and I'll provide help if possible.

I've used VLC player for years, and never had an issue with it. Never crashed, always played all my file types, and never had a problem playing any video. Perhaps all these people have a common problem of installing it wrong and not associating the proper file types to it?

Edit: Also, the video you provided first of all lists problems that don't even phase many. "Boo hoo the video quality is raped while seeking because my machine is ancient as all hell", my computer can seek just fine without any reduction in quality. Not only that, I have NEVER come across an instance where the subtitles were lagging behind, and God forbid people have to turn subtitles on... (Well with subbed animes they are usually on by default). The idea of VLC is that it's designed for ease of use from non-media savvy users.

Just because I use it does not mean I'm too retarded to use anything else, (as I have WMP with all the codecs I will ever need installed, plus MPC-HC) I just have never had a problem with it. If it's not broken, why fix it?

Now you may be thinking "Wow, you must just have a really nice PC then!", not really. My main set up is a simple 2.6GHz processor, with 256MB video, and 4GB of RAM. Now keep in mind I've watched HD videos without any of the problems you're describing (as my computer surprisingly supports up to 1080p). I also watched them on my laptop (AMD 2.1GHz, 3GB RAM, 256 Video) with no problems either. Now my laptop there is pretty close to the standard of basic PCs in this day and age. If your computer is so shitty that it can't playback video without lagging behind or lowering quality while seeking, then why are you using it for anime? Seriously? A computer that has shittier specs than those is probably getting fairly old, and probably won't even support 720p. Get with the times, it's time to upgrade, hell your hard drive at that point probably isn't really big enough to hold a lot of HD video at that point anyways.

Zoom Player/CCCP. VLC couldn't cut the large HD files back when I used it, though it recently gained hardware acceleration that supposedly was able to give it more stability with large files, but I've yet to try it myself. Really no desire to turn back from Zoom and sometimes MPC-HC.

Only thing VLC is still good for are extremely rare files that no one uses anyway.

Well, I've finally decided to stop holding stubbornly on to Gom Player and started using MPC-HC (included with CCCP). Needless to say that it is way beter than Gom, or any other player I've tryed... >_<

I'm happy to you know finally switched over to the good side :D.

• 2 weeks later...

media player classic home cinema for me.. i like the extra home cinema part now that its been re-released from media player classic.. it plays every file i can think of and use even when i'm not dloading content. to watch avi files from my camera on divx comes out with distort audio but whack it on media player classic home cinema plays well....all internet stuff's compatible

Black stripe underneath? Only way a black stripe exists is if you grabbed someones encode who sucks at encoding and failed to crop the video, or if some shitty player messes with it and adds one. I don't have any videos with black borders.

No it's not. It's just as bad as it is on the PC.

For MAC's you should use Mplayer extended.

Why not use MPC-HC for everything? It's a really simple and compact player.

i realize im necroposting but i just saw that vlc has easy to use desktop picture image which is awesome to use ^_^ it puts the video on the desktop which is fun to watch that way as far as i have seen mpc hc doesnt

I use SMplayer, which is really just a custom interface for Mplayer. I've yet to run into anything it couldn't play, and it really easy to use and setup. Idc to spend an hour tweaking crap.

It's much better then VCL or MPC imo. Those two just don't seem as intuative to use. SMplayer seems to have best of both worlds. You can get all techy with line commands or you can just stick with the options it allows you to setup by default.

Prior to switching I was using VCL and MPC. I was able to drop both when I found this one, and it's great for linux.