What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

Kid Ryan

What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

• Winamp
    • Media Player Classic and/or Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
    • BS Player
    • GOM Player
    • MPlayer and/or MPlayer Extended
    • Windows Media Player
    • Zoom Player
    • RealPlayer (this not dead yet?)
    • DivX Player
    • KMPlayer
    • Quicktime
    • VLC Player
    • Other (Tell Us/Please Explain)

The thing is you are both definitely seeing some of the problems, you just don't realize it's a problem because the video still plays. VLC is a nightmare to any site that deals with videos, including fansub groups, download sites, yada yada, because the biggest majority of the problems people have are linked back to VLC. That's another reason why I try to petition the use of it.

It's a daily occurrence on EDK for me to get 5-10 emails saying something doesn't work, and they use VLC, and I tell them to switch and it works perfectly for them. The amount of people I have to deal with because of VLC is ridiculous, to the point I have simply gotten to where I refuse to even reply to someone to help them if they reply saying VLC is their player.

Google about it, you will find an almost never ending list of bugs with the player, and not just bugs but things the player cannot handle or do. Most of the problems occur when watching videos with soft-subs, flac audio (one of the best for HD audio), or HD video. If you are watching an SD .avi xvid mp3 video, then yeah you probably won't have any issues.

As for the little ratings in the poll, they are not my ratings but rather ratings based on averages and reviews on several technical sites I go to. Not one place has had anything good to say about VLC that I go to.

I watch HQ as well, and for the emails you've receiving, they probably doon't know what avi or mkv stands for :)

I play ANYTHING with it, really. It doesn't give me any errors, it doesn't ask for any codecs that might slow down my pc (yes, I'm looking at you, windows media player), I simply doesn't see a reason why I should change.

Could you give me an example of the bugs, because I download most of my anime from here and I have yet to find the first anime that VLC can't play.

• 4 months later...
I used to use VLC alot, until it couldn't play RaX One Piece.

Then I switched to MPC HC + CCCP and haven't had any problems since.

(I had to recently switch to k-lite though, CCCP wouldn't work for me anymore)

I finally got CCCP working so I am back to using that now.

For me I just follow a simple process

AVI- Quicktime

Everything else- VLC

I've never really had that many issues with VLC. It works perfectly fine for me. Maybe it's because I seem to be one of the rare people on here with a mac but VLC is A-OK for me.

Both Quicktime and VLC are FAIL players.....

CCCP With Media Player Classic...

Normal MPC or MPC-HC?

you mean too tell me that vlc has the highest rating in the poll?? Never expected that to be the one..

Yeah, VLC sucks.