Romance Anime's for a Guy

So i am looking for a good romance anime that a guy would potnetialy like, as well as one that would be accessible to a guy. A little more about what i want, well for starters i don't want the romance to be a corny or cheesy one, and i don't want the leads to be idiots  Other then that if you could please send some suggestions that would be awesome.

Also if there are any sub-genre ones like it i also fantasy and such like that, that would be a plus but i want it to follow the above guidelines as well as not just be more one then the other. 

Ouran high school host club was recommended to me by a guy friend its hilarious with a dash of romance

Inuyasha, Kekkaishi,  full metal alchemist (less so) ranma 1/2 fruits basket are romantic if you like that type of show

Please Teacher is probably what your looking for for a romance a guy would like

Girls bravo and yamadas first time are naughtier but also good

I can probably throw some more out there if you find some you like

• 3 weeks later...

Beck: Mongolian Chop squad - Really grounded romance, not that cliche, clueless protagonist who has multiple girls interested in him but doesn't realise type.  It's actually a great slice of life anime.

Eureka Seven - It's got a great romance story to it, but it's definitly more of a mecha anime than romance.

ef: A tale of memories/melodies - Really great romance stories in it.

Steins;Gate - Again, really great romance story, not heavily focused on till the second half of the anime and it always plays a back seat to the main plot.

• 2 weeks later...

As a fellow guy with a soft spot for romance, I STRONGLY recommend Clannad and Clannad After Story. The first show to ever evoke my tears! Oh and Code Geass has romance in it :P (I recommend Code Geass every single time)

I have Clannad and Clannad after story, I have heard nothing but good things so I am really looking forward to this one. Having just finished watching Code Geass (A 10/10 anime) I would also join RazorDan in recommending it. I also find that the oldish anime Ranma 1/2 a weird anime but I enjoyed it and it has it's share of romance.

To name a few...

Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X)

Onegai Teacher (Please Teacher)

Onegai Twins (Please Twins)

Final Approach

5 Centimeters Per Second

Eden of the East

I's Pure

Spirited Away

The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi

The Place Promised in Our Early Days

So i am looking for a good romance anime that a guy would potnetialy like, as well as one that would be accessible to a guy. A little more about what i want, well for starters i don't want the romance to be a corny or cheesy one, and i don't want the leads to be idiots  Other then that if you could please send some suggestions that would be awesome.

Also if there are any sub-genre ones like it i also fantasy and such like that, that would be a plus but i want it to follow the above guidelines as well as not just be more one then the other. 

I don't know if you will like this, but if its pure romance I'll recommend His and Her Circumstances its set on highschool life though.

If you want a little mix of fantasy, try El Hazard: The Magnificent World. Set on high school life too except the protagonist shall be transferred to another world.

Both are 90s relics but to me both has good storyline.

• 1 month later...

the world god only knows (aka kami nomi)

basically a guy using galge's (dating sims) and applying them in the real world

it shows that gamers can be players

romance is very light - it's basically getting to first base multiple times

goes through all the stereotypes of female anime characters

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...