What stage are you at?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What stage are you at?

• Still in school
    • College
    • University
    • Full time employment
    • NEET

Sucks US isn't so easy, have you tried lower rate jobs like fastfood?

Fast food places are crowded with high school kids. Stores are even worse. In either case, were you actually able to find a job on either, it probably wouldn't be full time. A lot of stores and fast food places hire a shit ton of people and give them like 12 hours a week lol They do usually pay higher than minimum wage, but for the hours you work, it's really not worth it unless you're in school.

Warehouses are where it's really easy. They pay minimum wage, but they hire people more regularly and full time, especially these last few months of the year since were getting close to Thanksgiving and Christmas. You might even clock in a few good overtime hours each week. If you're a woman, you're as good as in since it's mainly women that work at warehouses.. so I might have to start cross-dressing pretty soon lol The only downside is that those jobs usually only last a few months. Once Christmas is past, they'll let people go since they're not as busy.. Well, at least that's how it is in my area.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fast food places are crowded with high school kids. Stores are even worse. In either case, were you actually able to find a job on either, it probably wouldn't be full time. A lot of stores and fast food places hire a shit ton of people and give them like 12 hours a week lol They do usually pay higher than minimum wage, but for the hours you work, it's really not worth it unless you're in school.

I have to agree with ya on this.

I've had better luck with stores hiring than Fast Food places I applied at 3 fast food places in town hiring and never got a called. On the other hand I've applied to 3-4 stores and got calls for interviews but no hires D:

But I live in a small town so I have to look for work in cities that are like 30-40 miles away which kills me cause our budget is small and can't afford to fill the car with gas alot D:

I was going to be a social worker...but left after the first day of college. I'm good with people and a consumate talker, but I couldn't stand two or more years sitting with those pleb classmates. Funny thing is that when I went for the interview I told them that I have 'stickability':)

Finding employment is difficult since nepotism/"equal opportunity (for tax/quota reasons)" is the deciding factor that employers make when picking their future employees, instead of actual individual qualifications.

I am a substitute teacher at a Public High School near my residence. I take on odd jobs sometimes as well to keep extra money in my pocket. I get by.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...