How Did You Get Into Final Fantasy?

Koby

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got into to final fantasy and jrpg's in general because of legend of dragoon i borrowed it from a friend i got so hooked on it i didnt stop until either i feel asleep playing it or i was forced to do things after i beat that my friend had ffx i watched him play and once he finally let me play it i got hooked then i went on to beating ff8 on the pc when i gave up on my xbox's psx emulator and then so on and so forth for the other ones ive played

• 3 weeks later...

final fantasy vii, i was 5 (possibly six, i don't remember) i sat and watched my older brother, (who was 8 or 9) save the planet from sephiroth and jenova. i cried when aerith died and when all the sephiroth clones did too (as i was only a child.)

then final fantasy viii was released and i watched my brother save the world, and time from ultimecia and the other sorceresses. sadly i fell out of final fantasy when my brother moved away and going the the game shop became scarce.

until FINAL FANTASY X! and from there i went of a quest to own a hard copy of every main final fantasy (minus XI and XIV because just NO)

A reallly long time ago, when I got my first computer. and my amazingly fast 20kbps dial up connection, I randomly downloaded the demo for ff8(how long that took is another story) I loved the demo, but I honestly never got into final fantasy until I played 2,3,4 and 5 for the SNES a while later(3 = 6 and 2=4 nowadays) tehn Even longer after that I got Final fantasy 7, which blew my mind( crappy graphics was never something that really bothered me) then I ended up playing 8 and nine and am currently unable to play any others due to lack of a suitable console.

I got into final fantasy without realizing it.I think it all started with the movie Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within which i used to always catch half way through on television without knowing what the name really was and it used to amaze me. was a kid back then. Later i finally saw the whole thing and it AMAZED ME! the photo-realistic anime work was awesome, had an amazing storyline and those phantoms were scary(was a kid :D). Later i realized how far FF really goes. It enrages me as to how some people can underrate such a movie , but thats another story.

when we had playstation one,i was playing a silly RPG game,and my brother toled me that there is a cooler RPG game called final fantasy so we collected money and bought FF8 and we liked it very much, since that time we played FF9, FFX, FF12 and im currently playing FF13

Well, I got into the franchise because the rental place didn't have dark cloud 2 and I was not leaving without a game. I saw a dude with a sword on the cover on a beach, thought it looked cool, and BAM, I played Final Fantasy X for the first time. I absolutely LOVED IT! And then I played others in the series and liked most of them.

I came into FF around the time of FFVII, when I was younger during hurricane seasons I used to go with my mom to one of her friends house, and they owned the game. I used to play it there when bored waiting for the storms to pass and I loved it. I've been a pretty avid FFVII fan ever since and I like the old school games a bit more than the newer ones, having got pretty far into the FF fandom at large, since.

• 2 weeks later...

I got into final fantasy after seeing commercials for FFX and FFX-2 and falling in love with the graphics and the music they played. So as soon as I got myself a PS2 for Chirstmas I knew those where two games I just had to have as well as Kingdom Hearts:3 As I played FFX and X-2 and learned more about the final fantasy franchise I started playing more of them and now I really like anything done by square enix.

Purely and simply Ive been a gamer for a long time, how could I have not heard of FF, But frankly I never played it due to my inability to try anything new. Then my friend got me FFX for my bday. I was hooked. Got FF 7,8,9 off ebay for my old Playstation and been playing ever since. Cant say ive played the old ones, but anything post FF-7 ive played and loved