How Did You Get Into Final Fantasy?

Koby

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I was a Final Fantasy fan, I was a huge Crash Bandicoot fan. Pizza Hut was giving away demos as a special deal when you buy some sort of pizza, and I choose the demo with Crash Team Racing. That demo also had Final Fantasy VIII. I played most of the games on the demo, except that one, so one day I decided to play it. At that time, I didn't even know about RPGs or what they were. After playing that FF8 demo, I feel in love with the game because it made me think. After that, the rest is history and that's how I got into FF and RPGs in general.

I too was a fan of adventure games like Crash and Spyro and didn't know what the heck an RPG was at the time.

My experience is kind of funny because I did know of Final Fantasy for a bit around 1998 if I remember correctly fro mall those advertisments and commercials for Final Fantasy VIII. They were so realistic in graphics and all I actually thought it was a movie! How else would you explain a set with four discs and realistic graphics at age 11?

So until after my aunt played and finished it she recommended I try it out. She didnt say it was a game or anything so I brought it home and stuck it in my PS expecting a movie. Ohh boy was I wrong! I got hooked on the the story, the battles and the graphics. I had never seen something so realistic because I was so use to those adventure games with unrealitic graphics etc. Ever since then I played all the games that have come out after FFVIII and a few before it.

I got into the series after playing Final Fantasy VII about a year after it came out. I was just in a game store, saw FFVII on the shelves, and bought it. No interesting story behind. I got so hooked onto the story and battle system that I just naturally fell in love with the series.

I bought Final Fantasy VI when it first came out because it seemed to be interesting. Got hooked on that game and I mean majorly hooked. My father actually ended up jumping on the game and breaking it just to get me to tend to my responsibilities.

Afterwards, about a year later I found FFIV on sale at a video store and bought that. Then I found FFI (brand new) at a flea market, Mystic Quest from my uncle, and so on and so forth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I started playing Final Fantasy when I was around 3, perhaps 4 years of age. Final Fantasy 1 was my first, though I never really liked the original. Than my older brother introduced me to games that actually have a story. Final Fantasy II and III. I simply adored the story plots and characters. I've stayed with the series ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Here at me pretty much everything is illegal (copied CDs and consoles with illegal chips... you can't find legal things even if you want to) cuz noone cares about it actually. But when you buy CDs they have no covers or anything, just the CD. I bought FFVII ($2) cuz it had 3 CDs and I thought that would be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
Here at me pretty much everything is illegal (copied CDs and consoles with illegal chips... you can't find legal things even if you want to) cuz noone cares about it actually. But when you buy CDs they have no covers or anything, just the CD. I bought FFVII ($2) cuz it had 3 CDs and I thought that would be interesting.

lol dude where do you live?back in my country(ies) i saw a memory card that had twenty games in it including grand theft auto san andreas and resident evil 4.why i didn't snatch it i dont know.the playstation 2 games, it's rare to find a real game but the casing and the cover will be fake.but the other ps2 games are so fake that you cant play them after twenty days or so.i remember that where it says ps2 on the game covers, was blue instead of black or red and said "playstation experience' i was laughing my ass off.they also sell pc games with cd keys but when you load up the game....you find out that the cd doesnt have the game, it just has the files!!!

i saw my cousin playing VIII in 2001, when i got my own i got VII instead of VIII by mistake, i had the worst time of my life, i couldnt understand the freaking english and it took me months to get past the midgar zolom, cosmo canyon, and the materia keeper.i eventually beat sephi by fluke.

I found Final Fantasy VII at my Uncle's house. I was intrigued because it was the first game I've ever seen with more than one disc. I asked my Uncle about it, and he said it'd be too difficult for me to play, but I wanted to have a go anyways, so we loaded up his save, which was just before going to Sector 5 Reactor, and I got hooked.

I walked into a video game/video rental shop. I looked at the games for PSX there and saw three that caught my atention. It was Wild Arms, Final Fantasy VII and a snowboarding one.

I asked if they were good and the man said Final Fantasy VII was going to take me a very long time to finish, so would Wild Arms. My mother rent them and we took them home. After the rental period passed, my mother talked to the shop clerk and asked how much he wanted for the games. He sold them to my mom for a bargain because no one would rent them anyway. That's how I started to play Final Fantasy.