How Did You Get Into Final Fantasy?

Koby

I was always an avid reader as a kid (fantasy adventure stuff was my geek thing lol) My dad bought a super nintendo for me one christmas and this game called final fantasy 2, and my obsession began lol.

before that I had played dragonwarrior so I liked the genre but the depth of the game/story (to a little kid remember) well I was hooked

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez, I feel green. I got into this REAL late. I don't think I played until my sister showed me Final Fanasty VIII, and let me try. That one was so much fun, and from there, my friend let me borrow VII, and it just kind of started there for me.

A million years ago, when I was still in grade school, my friend had gotten FF4 for his birthday. Neither of us had heard of the series, but we played it into the ground that weekend.

I thought the games were sequential so I tracked down FF1 on the NES to play it, but it was frustrating because I was used to the help that the sequel gave you.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Sega Genesis growing up so I really missed the titles that released on Super Nintendo. I then upgraded to a PS1, so it really all started with Final Fantasy 7. Which was amazing, however I've really only played to this day, 4, 7, 10 and 13. Looking forward to VS13 though.

I had a Sega Genesis growing up so I really missed the titles that released on Super Nintendo. I then upgraded to a PS1, so it really all started with Final Fantasy 7. Which was amazing, however I've really only played to this day, 4, 7, 10 and 13. Looking forward to VS13 though.

You MUST play 3, 5, 9, and 12. Those, I think are among the best Final Fantasy games.

I actually used to play FF2 and I couldn't stand it, I decided then that I hated turn-based games but into the future I bought Final fantasy 12 and tried it out and instantly fell in love with it, I realized that because it's turn based it lets you have a very well thought out strategic battle, and alot of the time (especially in FF10) you have to use a good stratagy or you can't beat the game, right now i'm maxed out on both FFX and FFXII and love them both, they have a great storyline and i absolutely love how Square Enix gives so much work into their game content, i've logged over 100+ hours on each game and most of it was actually doing stuff.

i got into final fantasy by getting ff8 at the time i'd never even heard of final fantasy but the cover looked good and the fact that it has 4 disks made me think it would be a long game. After playing it i began to play every ff game that i could get my hands on but i still need to go back and play a few classic ff games