How Did You Get Into Final Fantasy?

Koby

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was into ff since i was a little kid with my game boy color and as i got older i kept playing every game there was out there and when i got my psp i put a Gba ,super nintendo,nintendo 64 enulators with pretty much any ff game i could find only ff game i havent played is the ff13 do to the fact that i dont own a ps3 :P

When I was like 5 or so, I watched my cousins play Final Fantasy 8 & Tactics, so I borrowed them and quickly became hooked. I remember telling my mom that my character Ramza, aged one whole year. After awhile, I got FF7 from another cousin, along with Legend of Dragoon. FF7 became my favorite game of all time! I then realized that FF7 and FF8 were related, so I went and bought FF9, which I got to the fourth disk's beginning before it froze on me and the data got corrupted-_- Then, I went and played FF10, which at first, I couldn't get past the beginning, thus I prevailed. Then I played FF12, which was a pinch, then, I wanted to play all of them, and then got 1-6, for their latest systems of course. FF1 and FF2, on gameboy, which I beat to easily. FF3, I couldn't get into, but FF4 is when I found another great game. Not as good as the 3D Final Fantasy's but still good. FF5, was difficult, so I postponed playing that one. The next great game was FF6, with characters like Shadow, Edgar, and Gogo, I was hooked again to Final Fantasy.

Overall, I'm a Final Fantasy Fan!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The first time i saw Final Fantasy was by my best friend, he said that he didnt like it so I get it from him as a gift (I think its was Final Fantasy VIII). At the same time my mother bought me the new Final Fantasy IX so i got two Final Fantasys and i dont know which i should play.

I started with FF8 and it was amazing, i played it day in day out and i dont get bored so after i played it to the end I started FF9. In the first two hours i got so bored that I wish i would never played this game but after so 3-4 hours it was a very good game (not as good as FF8 but good ^^).

After this two games I played FF7 (ebay) and FF10 and FF10-2 as well and i got a real Final Fantasy fan.

it's been 15 years when i played the first FF game in my life.. it was final fantasy legend 1 and 2 way back at Gameboy era.. i did not thought that it's good considering the only gameplay it had before (yeah, it's also the time when i started to play seiken densetsu known as secret of mana).

after a couple of years, me and my brother used to found a playstation 1 rent shop which was way back 1997 (FF VII was released). we found the game being played by a single person (yeah, i remembered that he is in the final battle between sephiroth and cloud / omnilash!). after that, we started to play the game from the core..

after playing Final Fantasy VII... VIII, IX, X, X-2, and XII was released.. now it's XIII (just bought it this month).. with all that, we did not stop playing the whole franchise adding Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1), Final Fantasy 3, 4, 5 and 6.

after that, we played all sorts of RPG's.. final fantasy lead us to xenogears, wild arms, grandia, chrono trigger, suikoden, star ocean, and tales series, all came from the playstation 1 era disregarding the lack of graphics and the way these games was made.

the truth is, im quite sad and dis-appointed on some final fantasy games.. but of course, any person that loved the series way back then will still go to buy the newest ones.

the first time I ever played anything even RELATED to FF was when I was a kid, must've been forever ago because I remember playing FF7 on the computer. That's right, PC ftl. My mom and aunt were always into RPGs so it was just common sense that I would one day join in. Also, Secret of Mana anyone? Another early game that eventually led to the addiction to FF7.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way I got into the series is funny. And it took years for me to actually "get into it". When I was 9, I was given a demo disc for my PlayStation One. It contained nothing but Square Soft game trailers of Final Fantasy VII, IX, and Tactics and a few others or so. But it also allowed game play or a demo for one. Final Fantasy VIII. I tried it, and immediately I loved it. My young mind couldn't comprehend complex tactics, so I attempted to complete the demo, but failed. I tried and tried, but to no avail. It didn't matter though. I loved it. Going through the Dollet town(I think it was called Dollet or something) and fighting Biggs and Wedge in the communication tower underneath the big satellite. Then the big monster came out. Anyway, I finally beat it one day, and eventually I moved and it was lost somewhere. After that my brother asked me to pick up a rental from Blockbuster called "Dragon Quest VII". I said okay. It wasn't there, but something else caught my eye that gave me a feeling it was the same type of game and he would like it. It was Final Fantasy VII. After I brought it to him he asked where Dragon Quest was and I explained it wasn't there and that this game is good and he'd like it. So he put the game in, ridiculed the long intro sequence of what looked like stars, and eventually stayed up all night playing his new favorite game of all time. Of course, I wanted to play it, so after he was done with it and bought his own copy, he let me play it. And ever since I've been a huge fan of the Final Fantasy series, owning nearly every title and playing just about everything that carries the same name. That story spands 2-3 years. It's a good one. Take it from Sally. Heehee ;)

• 4 months later...

the first final fantasy game that influenced me was Final Fantasy Legend II (Gameboy).. i think it was way back 1995 when i was still playing some of those nice SNES and Sega games.

the second coming was way back 1997, when final fantasy VII was released.. i discovered this good ps1 rent shop and i saw a player which plays the game (final battle). that time, i tried to play the game and finally had my 100% interest on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Me, I really can't remember when I start playing Final Fantasy Series... But the game that really influenced me so much is GBA's Final Fantasy Tactics. It introduced me to the various jobs, items and etc of the FF World. After that, whenever I play FF games it just came naturally I think.