Should I watch Blood+?

It all depends on you... As a fan of the show I would say go for it, but if it isn't your kind of thing then....

First I will start off by giving you the synopsis:

"Throughout the passage of time and the shifts in backgrounds, a particular war continues to leave its mark on history, extending its influence into the modern world. There are two major groups involved in the ensuring war. The first group consists of monsters known as Chiropterans who can change their appearances into that of human beings. They are actually immortals who feed on the blood of the living. The second group is an organisation known as the "Red Shield", formed to track down these monsters and exterminate them. Otonashi Saya is a high-school girl who lives a peaceful life with her family. The only problem is, she has no recollections of her life beyond that of the past year. However, her happy life will be destroyed by an event that will lead her to her destined fate."

If that sounds interesting then go for it. The character development is good and the plot is as well. Nothing wowed me about this anime, but I did quite enjoy it and would recommend it to anyone looking for a slightly gory, but well thought out plot that has more to do with character development and the mystery of the story then monster killing anime. Though there are some good fight scenes in it as well.

It doesn't feel like it has anything to do with vampires. They certainly have nothing in common with what vampires have been made out to be.

Personally I found this show a little below average, only giving it a 6/10 rating. However my sister loved this show, it's like perhaps her favorite. I know she has re-watched it time and time again. So perhaps it's just not my taste? Either way she does agree with me, that the heart of the story doesn't start till after like episode 30. Yeah the first half is a boring mess if you ask me. I might have even given this an 8/10 or 9/10 had it not had the first half.

Yup it definately wasn't a horribly anime. Great characters and great dialogue! I found it to really get almost unberably slow in the middle though and I actually had to step away from it for a short while before I could continue and finish it up. All in all I agree with Koby and would give it something like a 6 or 5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should do it. It's a great, interesting and has it's nice action moments. Some of the good characters die also some of the bad, and some end in nice terms and others not so well, but overall IT IS A GOOD ANIME. there are also some movies, one anime and the rest are live action