Scariest Game

Maverick

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fatal Frame is the best scary game ever. Rule of Rose is a close second, both made me look at kids as something that could be feared.

I've been meaning to finish the Fatal Frame series, I own all of them - except four; whenever they decide to release it outside Japan, I'll pick it up.

Definitely creepy as hell with surround sound in the dark.

What is Rule of Rose like? I just googled it and it seems interesting. Reminds me of Haunting Ground.

Surprised you didn't note the Clock Tower Series =O

Resident Evil 4 was fun. Killing zombies with ample amounts of ammo and weapons is less scary and more action packed. Thats what i found in Resident Evil 4. Only those black regenerating things were creepy , especially with the closed rooms of the lab n all >_>.

For me games like silent hill and amnesia: the dark descent, where your wits is all you got , and where you are thrown into a world with no way out but to face the horrors ahead of you , is scary.

Silent Hiil 4 (mostly just for creepy/WTF moments even though SH2 is an overall better game) and Fatal Frame were both pretty creepy.

Most Resident Evil games only have occasional jump scares and RE4 was way too over the top to be scary... More like a B horror movie. Dead Space tries way too hard to be scary though there's a few somewhat off-putting moments in DS2.

I guess I've never been truly scared by a game or even movie. Usually a confused WTF is about as close to "scared" as I get.