Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Over-rated?

RazorDan

Is FMAB over-rated?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Is FMAB over-rated?

• Yes, its not all that
    • No, its epic!
    • Just a bit

I have to say that it is not over-rated at all. Some people may not have liked it compared to FMA cuz of it's faster pace but other than that, the story is much better compared to the original.

The original FMA's second half seemed somewhat "fake" to me because all of a sudden, the characters were making decisions that didn't agree with their nature. ex. Mustang was much more true to his character and cunning in FMAB than in FMA.

I can guess why people would say it's overated but my opinion, having watched the entire series is the same as Iki's the story is much better, the characters are better represented, the production value seems higher as well, hell even the english dub sounds better IMO, I liked the original a lot though and honestly didn't even notice it's flaws in the slightest until I saw brotherhood.

i think it was quite overated...althought i agree with idl and iki, who have valid points, the characters and personalities are much better in fmab than in fma. BUT i personally thought that fma (the first one) was overhyped in the first place.

I have seen the whole series subbed and personally i thought that the hype was way out of proportion but at least they made a good attempt...XD

I don't think is over hyped at all. If anything it's under hyped. I'm not a big fan of the original and still am greatly bugged by the originals ending(Note: I saw the anime before I even knew the manga was different, so no, I'm not saying I didn't like it just because it didn't follow the manga). It just didn't feel like a proper ending, and the movie just made things worse.

The fact that people think the original is better bugs me. As already mentioned, certain characters seemed to do things that are completely against their nature. i.e. Rose having a baby? What? Lust practically allying herself the heroes, etc.

And the main villain, Dante...was just...ugh...hated her, not because she was evil, but because she was stupid, and she was introduced out of nowhere in like the last 10 episodes of the series.

Brotherhood, being the original story is told much better and portrays the characters properly, and the characters from Xing add some comedy to the series that was lacking in the original.