Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: Over-rated?

RazorDan

Is FMAB over-rated?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Is FMAB over-rated?

• Yes, its not all that
    • No, its epic!
    • Just a bit

Fullmetal Alchemist was about as good as the original for me. FMAB added new characters and different military people that went further in depth than the original did, which i liked. Brotherhood also follows the magna more so if you enjoyed the magna then Brotherhood would be the best for you.

• 4 weeks later...
FMA was great. FMAB is just a good, but not great.

Yes it's overrated.

Quoted for truth.

I don't even want to argue about the differences, but I won't hesitate to launch anyone into the sun that argues one is better over the other. I think I said it somewhere before but I was more interested in the concept of alchemy rather than the overall story. I mean I did like some of the characters like Maes Hughes but eventually I got the point where I was like "Myegh, I've seen it too many times now; Nothing special to it."

It's definitely an overrated series, especially because they succeeded when they targeted this at young teens looking for anime to watch.

P.S. This is almost as bad as asking if Bleach or Naruto are overrated anime series... Gyugh. I think Youtube says enough about the three, as well as DBZ. Some music should never be used for AMVs... Specially poorly made ones.

Definitely epic enough for people to always attempt to overrate it, but they can never do it cause its just that good. Jking of course its a good show but I don't hear about it being the best too often, usually the top animes I hear about are Code Geass and Deathnote.

I've watched both brotherhood and the original, and I would have to say that it's slightly over-rated. Sure it follows the Manga, but in my opinion the original anime was better plot wise. That and it made you want to know what was going to happen next. This is mainly my opinion though.

FMA BH had a gigantic budget to begin with, no need to say that it was going to be flashy and epic from the start. I think it is overhyped, yes, I personally didn't like the whole ending deus ex machina towards the end but I do like how they ended the series. I do however love the original one, it has way better story and so much more heart to it than BH did. So is FMA BH overhyped? Quite a bit! It is bad? No, but it is not stellar and unfortunately falls into your typical shonen pitfalls that we all know too well.