Current Anime Series You're Watching and your thoughts on it?

Koby

I just finished watching four anime sequentially- Steins;Gate, Date a Live, Trinity Seven and Code Geass R1.

All were good. Especially Code Geass and Steins;Gate <3 I guess I love anime with a little brains and romance...

Currently watching Magic Kaito and am planning to download and watch 'Freezing'

Any suggestions on what to watch next?

Edited by raystriker

I fininished watching "Nazo no kanojo X" and "Le Fruit De la Grisaia". Both of them were good although I'm not a big fan of "ecchi" and "seinen" anime. I'm currently watching "Monster" ( I've only watched 16 episodes so far so I can't really tell my opinion yet) and "Fairy Tail" , which is pretty good and I can't wait for the new episode to come out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the tv series, and ... ehh! The ending is unsatisfactory to me. BUT! I am going to watch the movies next to see if it is different.

I thought I had finished watching Gargantia, but then I found out about ova episodes 14 and 15, so I'll be watching those soon....

I am still in the middle of watching Clannad and Okami-san and Her Seven Companions.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Currently I'm on the Highschool DxD Born train.

The fanservice is real!!

But really, I enjoy it for its tidbits of drama that come and go. As for other anime, I've been lagging so far behind the past few seasons. I'll probably pick up one or two more but my general interest in anime these days has dropped significantly. More than likely it's just me not looking for the right shows is all. Hopefully it'll pass soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Since I'm relatively close to finished the Elfen Lied manga, I've begun to watch Welcome to the NHK!

It feels a little ironic to be watching an anime that is slightly about otakus when I might be one myself. Maybe? I'm not sure honestly.

Either way though, I've only seen 4 episodes, but, it's definitely... weird. In a good way I guess? I think I need to see more episodes before I make any judgements on it.

But, so far so good I suppose.

:horror:

• Like 1

Binge watched both seasons of Tokyo Ghoul in 2 days, just couldn't stop watching.

10/10 cliffhanger endings keep you wondering, great action, easy to follow storyline. Really hope it gets to about 50 odd episodes and isn't cut short

Began watching Kill La Kill and Baka and Test Summon the Beasts. I was getting tired of hearing people talk about Kill La Kill so I finally started it, not bad so far. I already watched Baka season 1 before the dub was out (or seasons 2 and 3) so I'm watching it from the start dubbed. Still a funny show even after the dubbing so I'm happy.

As of now, I am watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

I am almost done watching it.

Not an anime that I would recommend to watch and definitely not my type of anime.

I don't see much of a story plot. Just mostly character development, high school life genre and a bit of action to allow the anime to move along. There's definitely some action in the anime, but I wouldn't say that its as interesting, or would amaze the viewers anywhere close to other anime, if I compare it to Naruto or HunterxHunter (bad choice to compare this anime with, may bad. Can't think of any other recent anime with decent action)

That concludes my point of view of watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

I recently caught up with Kekkai Sensen! It's a pretty unique show in almost every way and can be confusing to watch at times (I felt lost throughout the entire first episode and had to go back and rewatch it to get a better understanding of what just happened), but I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the remaining episodes and seeing how the plot comes together!

• 2 weeks later...

Been watching Baccano! and absolutely love it! The characters are great, especially Isaac and Maria and even the rest of them are interesting. The story can be quite serious at times but they always insert comedy along the way. The only thing that I didn't enjoy at the start was all the timeline switching. Towards the end when you have enough pieces of information, it all starts to fall together, but it's just hard to follow the story at the beginning.

Shakugan no Shana - Well for one thing the art looks bad, everything looks washed out, colors look faded etc... Probably a result of a shitty SD upscale by FUNimation. I've seen a lot better upscales than this though. This look though just really takes away from the series; anime is a form of art and when it looks so terrible it's really off-putting.

As for the story, it seems really slow so far but I am just on episode two currently. The villain designs at least of the first episode were ridiculously laughably goofy. So far I'm still on the fence about this show; not sure if I want to invest in 75+ episodes, a bunch of OVAs, and a movie.

Shakugan no Shana - Well for one thing the art looks bad, everything looks washed out, colors look faded etc... Probably a result of a shitty SD upscale by FUNimation. I've seen a lot better upscales than this though. This look though just really takes away from the series; anime is a form of art and when it looks so terrible it's really off-putting.

As for the story, it seems really slow so far but I am just on episode two currently. The villain designs at least of the first episode were ridiculously laughably goofy. So far I'm still on the fence about this show; not sure if I want to invest in 75+ episodes, a bunch of OVAs, and a movie.

Shana definitely gets better later on, around the halfway point of S01 I believe.

I'm shocked you just started watching though, honestly :o.