PAX Machina, a RazoRune Collaboration

Anras Rune

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 13: Time to Leave

"What is it Opem?" said Vonnie as she sat on a chair in the middle of a destroyed warehouse.

"Damn, I'll never be able to sneak up on you, will I?" replied Opem as he stepped out of the shadow of a pillar.

"No, no you won't, but your getting better," replied Vonnie softly with a smirk on her face," But enough with the chit chat. Why are you here? Is it because of Wake?"

"I see you heard then, what you going to do about it?" asked Opem with an anxious tone.

"Well he will be coming for me, which means that you'll be first on his list Opem. He knows you are my student of sorts, but worse, he knows that I care for you." said Vonnie in an even softer voice than before, looking away from Opem while he did so.

"You care for me?" questioned Opem, completely shocked at this development.

"Out of all that I just said. That one of the worlds most dangerous psychopaths is on the loose and will be coming for you, probably to torture you, you take that out of the whole conversation?" said Vonnie in a defensive voice, obviously trying to deflect the conversation away from the topic. Opem picked up on this.

"So thats a yes is it?"

"It's a yes..." whispered Vonnie, almost to softly to be heard.

Opem was sincerely shocked by this, he never thought he'd hear Vonnie of all people to admit to caring for him. He knew that he cared for her aswell, but didn't want to fess up. He was surprised aswel that she cared for him despite him being 3 years her younger. But in truth he hadn't been 17 since he killed his first man. He wanted to reciprocate the feelings but didn't know how too, plus he didn't know th extent of her feellings for him. He decided to drop the subject for now.

"Well what should we do then? If Wake is coming for you what are you going to do?" asked Opem, genuinely concerned. Vonnie noticed the way he changed the subject and despite the intial look of dissapointment on her face she answered his question.

"I'll go to him first. Me and him have some unfinished business. We go much further back than you'd care to know."

"So, what should I do?"

"Go to Lambert" replied Vonnie quickly.

"Lambert?! What?!" shouted Opem, furious at the notion/

"Do it. HE is my brother and the only other person that Wake is actually scared of."

"NO! I will not go to him like a scared dog with my tail between my legs! He wi-" began Opem before being interupted by Vonnie, who had gotten off her chair and kissed Opem.

After a few moments she let go of him and looked him in the eyes. Opem blushed and tried to turn away, but Vonnie gripped his face and turned it back to hers.

"Please, do it for me." whispered Vonnie

"Okay, I do it" replied Opem, still blushing bright red. He didn't like it but he couldnt get out of it, he knew he'd have to go.

Vonnie stood there and embraced him again, tighter this time. They stood there for a few minutes until Vonnie broke away and turned around. She whispered for him to leave and sat down in the chair again.

As Opem left, he turned around to see if Vonnie had moved, but she hadn't. Vonnie sat in the chair thinking about all the things she had missed out on in her life, due to Wake and the PAX Reapers. Or more importantly because of the people who were pulling the strings from above. She tried to hold back the tears but a few managed to escape. She'd have to kill them all to get away from this life of running and fighting, but she didn't know if she could manage it.

_____

"So you want me to catch Vonnie do you?" said Wake as he waltzed around Firo's office.

"Yes, we do but capture is what it sounds like, not kill. Understand?" said Firo in a grave undertone. He couldn't trust a man who would dance around a room on his own.

"Kill Vonnie, never. Me I'd rather watch her suffer. The good thing about that is i know HOW to make her suffer." continued Wake as he stopped waltzing. He smiled again and looked at Firo with the same expression you'd expect from a lion in a cage, it said "When I get out, I'm going to f**k you up". Firo shivered when Wake turned around.

"So how do you make her suffer then?" asked Firo, trying to seem normal

"Go for the family, the friends and the lovers. Funny thing is I know where to find two of the three on that list." replied Wake, his grin growing even wider than before. He turned around again and threw a picture at Firo.

Firo, who had managed not to flinch, picked it up and looked at the picture.

"Isn't this Opem, the new kid that killed the Matrelli's arms dealer?" said Firo as he looked up to find Wake had already gone. He pressed on a button which patched him through with his reception.

"I need to know everything there is to know about Opem, and i need it now!"

Chapter 14: Showdown

A day had passed since Wake's escape. The world was still up in arms over it and many people had debated why he had been broken out. Lambert had decided to announce his return a month earlier then originally and had called a press conference at the national PA Stadium. He was on his way there now. He would introduce the rest of his team too, as well unveil his two rookies. It was dark, so he had no fear of being spotted. The whole thing was just a publicity stunt, however, to get Wake off the news, so Lambert could focus on tracking him down. As the first few raindrops fell, he sighed. Things would be getting very complicated soon.

Iori cursed as him and his team arrived at their destination. He didn't want to fight against The Armour Squad, but his employer was insistent on Wake's capture. He frowned. His employer was shrouded in mystery and he didn't even know who it was. Still, the huge fee he was being paid was well worth it. He opened his comm link.

" How many guards?" he asked. His head goon, Hawk, immediately replied.

" 14 on duty, another 8 in the guardhouse. I estimate a further 12 to be in sleeping quarters," he said. Iori whistled. If any further proof of The Armour Squad hiding Wake was needed, then that surely was it. The PAX Reapers only had 20 guards, compared to the 34 here. He opened a wide comm link, so all 15 of his men could here.

" Ok, the plan is as follows. Split into three groups of four, with one group of three. The first three groups will take out the guards. Try to avoid death, aim for incapacitating the guards. Group A will take the guards on duty, Group B will take the ones in the guardhouse and Group C will make sure the sleeping guards are unable to intervene. The group of three will come with me and scout for Wake. If anybody finds him, alert me at once! Understood?"

" Yes sir," answered Hawk, speaking for the rest of the men.

" Good." continued Iori. " Hawk will divide you and remember to be silent! This is a stealth job and anybody failing that, will answer to me!" he hissed. Cutting the link, Iori smiled grimly. Whatever happened in the next hour, one thing was for sure, their would be a tough, even deadly, battle...........

" Sir, the assassin is commencing his attack!" informed the secretary. His superior smiled and sipped a glass of the vintage red wine on his desk. Wake was potentially a huge problem and if the Armour Squad were behind it, then Firo too was a problem. Leaning back in his leather chair, the man sighed contentedly. He was getting old now, and assassins were an extremely easy way, albeit an expensive one, to solve his problems. For his other jobs kept him busy. Being the President of Kametsu was surely a tough job.

Chapter 15: Hello Boys!

The four groups of assailants creeped up towards the Armor Squad's complex. As they got nearer to the main guard towers they split up. Two groups followed the shadow of the wall skirted around the complex, while the other two began to climb the wall and vault the gate. The managed to do this without being seen, both the guard in the towers were unconscious due too two very well placed rocks to the head.

Iori looked around to see his goons progress up the other guard tower. They seemed to be almost at the top just as he vaulted over the railing. He helped the other two thugs up and over and turned around to survey the complex below him. He saw the two main buildings that made up the actual headquarters, which made the place seem like a mercenary camp. The whole complex was well organised and effiecently placed. The medic's office was next to the training yard, the dorms next to the armory. He saw that if the sleeping guards managed to get to the Armory then he'd be massacred. But he knew they wouldn't reach it.

"Report in, over." asked Iori over the encrypted channel as he made his way down the stairs of the guard tower.

"Alpha in position"

"Bravo, in position"

"Charlie, moving into postition"

"Good, commence operation" replied Iori after the roll call. He ran silently towards the far corner of the complex and made his way around the medical office.

As he reached the edge of the training yard he heard the muffle breathes of his thugs as they took down the guards. He was vaguely impressed with the fact that these guards were making his men sweat to take them down.

Iori and his team managed to get to the main complex's right wing before he saw any guards. Seems i miscounted, hmmm. I wonder how many others there is... Iori snuck up on the two guards and readied his PA's special attribute. As it charged, he positioned him self so he was within arm's reach of both of them, crouching as he did so. His attribute had charged fully once he had readied himself and he stood up, both arms outstretched. He touched both guards on the back and released a large electric shock to the pair. Both guards went straight and then doubled over, unconscious.

"Move up" whispered Iori as he pulled the bodies into the shadow.

The two thugs that were with Iori skirted the unconscious bodies and made their way towards right entrance of the building. As they did so they made sure not to come out into the light until the last moment. But this didn't really matter anyways.

"IORI! WE HAVE FOUND WA-" someone screamed over the radio and made Iori flinch at the sudden noise. The radio made stranges noises and an extremely guttural scream, which hit Iori two-fold, once throught the radio and the other from the actual scream.

Iori knew that meant they had found Wake, and he also knew that this operation was no longer a stealth mission. He turned towards his two companions and was about to issue a retreat order when the right entrance opened up to reveal Random standing in the doorway. His maser virbro-staff was at full power and the tips were visibly on fire. His helmet wasn't equiped and was still folded away, allowing the thugs to see his grim face. An explosion in the distance broke the standstill.

In one movement Random earned his namesake, moving at lightning speed and clipping the thug that was furthest away from him on the knee. Due to the extremely high frequency of his vibro-staff an loud crunching sound resonated from the touch. Iori cringed at the noise and winced in empathetic pain. Next in a move that would baffle most, he shifted forward and hooked the same thugs leg using his staff. With an upward thrusting motion he managed to get the goon airbourne. While still in the air, Random twirled around the thug, striking him the back with a compact, fast swing. The thug was sent flying towards the other, who was trying to point a rifle at Random, but the thug collided with him at such speed that he was rendered unconscious. Iori had managed to get his monster of a pistol out and pulled the trigger, but Random had already danced away from Iori and was making his way towards the sleeping quarters. Iori decided to try and help group B due to their proximity to the screams from earlier, not to mention the explosions that ensued.

Iori had reached the guardhouse just before a large explosion near the sleeping quarters indicated that the guards had reached the Armoury. He knew he would have to retreat, but he at least wanted to get some of his goons out, not out of attachment, but rather that they provided him with extra muscle. He didn't want to go back to the days where he did all the work. He warned them of his entry and managed to get inside the building without a hitch. At least until he saw his men. Most were missing and those few still alive were in bad shape. He counted only 2 fully functioning PA's out of the eight people there. It seemed that Alpha had been forced to retreat to Bravo's position to try and mount a more reasonable defence. But to no avail. Iori scanned the few conscious faces, which were all grim and petrified. He soon found out why.

"Hello Boys! Come out and play!" screamed a cold yet jolly voice from somewhere further in the guardhouse. All the men flinched and panicked at the sound of the voice. Iori knew it must be Wake.

"Come out, come out where ever you are!" shouted Wake again, in a sadistically jolly tone.

Iori readied his revolver and pointed at the door. he could hear the movements on the other side, most likely from Wake, but possibly from more of the guards, although he doubted this. Wake prefered to play with his victims alone. A noise behind him made him flinch and he turned faster than he thought possible. It was one of the dead thugs PA's reactors spurtering out of life. As he turned around he came face to face with Wake.

"BOO!"

Iori stumbled backwards and fired his revolver twice, both of which missed as Wake bounded into the room. His terrifying PA had been repainted, no longer being the monotone black that it had before, but now being a veritable kaleidescope of colours which made him seem like a walking rainbow. Yet it still made him look as sinister as always. The almost surreal combination made his grim reaper visage all too disturbing. THe silence was broken by his laughter as he as unsheathed both of his forearm mounted blades and began too pirouet around the thugs, slashing here and there.

Iori already knew that his situation was bad, and knew he had to get out of there. Wake on the other hand was having so much fun, his manaical smile was spread from ear to ear. He was humming the tune of Ave Maria and moving as if in a waltz. The two fully functioning PA thugs decided to give it one last try and weaved between each other, charging towards the waltzing lunatic. He smiled, a sight more disconcerting than a nuclear missile, and turned to face the two thugs. As they raised their weapons to strike him, he ducked below the passing blades, exclaiming while he did so...

"Oooops! You missed me! Now yo gotta, KISS ME!" screamed Wake as the pair of thugs turned around to try and counter Wake's next movement.

Wake had jumped towards the two thugs and grabbed one by the head. With a momentum that could topple a building he head butted the thug, which caved his skull in. Next he picked the closest thing at hand to attack the other thug, which happened to be the now dead body he still held. Grabbing the ankles he swung around on his heels, hitting the other thugs and sending him flying backwards. As the thugs hit the ground Wake had unsheathed his blades again, and had dropped the body. He pounced on the newly floored thug, bringing his baldes down in a scissor motion on the goon's neck. The blood spurted from the wound and Wake laughed, as he began to slather the floor with the blood. He stood up and turned to see Iori. He was gone.

"I'll see you soon Iori dear! Then we'll have a little CHAT!"he screamed after Iori, sure that he could still hear him.

Random walked into the building and was obviously disgusted by the blood soaked interior. He looked at Wake and saw the blood the covered most of his face-plate. He also saw the newly decapitated corpse. He looked at Wake again and asked,

"Was that really neccesary?"

"Yes. Yes it was,"replied Wake, throwing the severed head towards Random. HE didnt bother trying to catch it.

"Will they be back?"

"I doubt it, cause we are going for him..."