Bleach

Guest Morpheus

Is bleach worth watching I've heard really good things about it and the manga it's just that there are so many episodes that I feel like I'll never be able to catch up with it? So is it even worth it? If so are the voices better in English or Japanese? Thanks

Yes it is worth it ... The voices in English are better in my opinion.

Anyway I started watching Bleach about a month ago and it took me about 3 weeks to catch up :D

So I really recommend Bleach its an awesome Anime.

It's worth watching, just ep 85 in the bount arc almost made me stop watching completely, seriously, unless you're like me and tend to watch all fillers I strongly recommend skipping episodes 64- 108, but the canon story is definitely more interesting and worth watching.

It's worth it~ Bleach is awesome~ Just skip the first and second fillers though... the Bount filler arc is terrible and the Bakoutou (or whatever it was called) filler is really boring...

The bount arc is the best fillers the series has to offer. If you hate it then you should definitely skip the rest. The thing is like the actual canon itself even the Bount filler arc is stolen from other series. Namely the start of it was a 100% rip with no changes from Yuyu Hakusho.

Bleach canon borrows/steals key elements from many series including Dragon Ball Z, Hunter x Hunter, Yuyu Hakusho, and even Naruto. On top of being unoriginal, Tite Kubo fails to even tell a proper story, leaving holes everywhere and even worse pacing. His pacing problems with releasing 10+ chapters that go no where is what lead the Anime into so much filler. Hard not to go into filler when a single episode that comes out once a week eats up a months worth of manga releases without even trying and still adding flashbacks and crap to fill the time.

I hope they don't have crappy American actors trying to play Japanese characters like in Dragonball. What was up with the caucasian Goku? Ridiculous.

lol true for goku but i think they might be able to pull it off, i mean ichigo does have orange hair, but then again thats cause its bleached. but i do agree the bd movie was really bad

am i the only 1 who gets right into the serise, and is lovin it, and cant wait for the nxt episode, and then it happens..........some bullshit episode about new year ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! dont do this this to meeeeeeeeeee lol im sure their there for a reason but, still am i the only 1 who does the whole "uve got to be kiddin" bit wehn u realise its a filler or a bullshit eppisode?

I agree with SoheNExus. It is definitely cultural. Bleach is based on Japanesse Culture so there are shinigamis, but in western culture (or in the rest of the world) there are no shinigamis, so non-Japanese shinigamis wouldn't look like anyhing :)

In western culture there is only one called DEATH and he is the badass with no enemies (hollows...etc. ) & he looks something like this :)

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fd/The_death.svg)

I was wondering what happened to the plot after episode 187, one moment they're fighting for their lives and then suddenly an entirely new plot takes off with episode 188. Is there a movie thats supposed to bridge the gap?

Hmm.. strange I don't remember anything like that. The plot doesn't end till 189, then 190 is a recap episode of the Hueco Mundo arc before going back to canon in 191. Considering only up to 187 is dubbed, yet you are talking about 188 sounds like you may have gotten a wrongly titled episode or something. Or perhaps you simply missed a part of 187 when watching it.

ah woops I meant episode 167-168 sorry about that. so I guess they return back to the Hueco Mundo arc after the recently dubbed episodes

Ah, after 167 it goes into filler and lasts until 189. Then you get 190 as a recap before you get 191-203 that continues the canon. 204 goes into a side story arc, then when it's over you get mix of canon and filler until 230 where it goes into complete filler until over 40 something episodes later.

• Koby unlocked this topic