The War of the Consoles!

Koby

What is your Favorite Video Game Console??  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Video Game Console??

• Atari 2600/5200/7800
    • NES/Famicom {Nintendo Entertianment System}
    • SNES/Super Famicom
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo Gamecube
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 1
    • Playstation 2
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox Original
    • Xbox 360
    • Sega Master System
    • Sega Genesis
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Gameboy {Original/Color/Advanced}
    • Nintendo DS/3DS
    • PSP {Playstation Portable}
    • Sega Game Gear
    • PC

lets be honest about this.

The xbox is outdated but online is better than ps3

The ps3 is graphically better than the 360 but online sucks

and the wii sucks outside of anything with mario/zeldas face on it.

Point 1, disagree.

Point 2, disagree.

Point 3, disagree.

360 is the only console I'll never use the online for. I will not pay for shitty online service that should come free. I'm already paying internet fees as is.

Wii is where all the best true RPG's have been at for this generation of consoles. Any RPG fan should have a blast with the Wii. From Arc Rise Fantasia to XenoBlade, and more.

360 only has Blue Dragon (boring) and Lost Odyssey (one of the best offerings) in terms of true RPG's really, or shares half-baked RPG's with PS3 (which will be in better quality and less discs).

PS3 has a lot of great exclusives (God of War, etc) but it lost all it's true RPG support from last gen. Nearly all it's RPG's are shared with the 360 but the PS3 editions are higher quality video and sound as well as offer bonus features and such that the 360 didn't get.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point 1, disagree.

Point 2, disagree.

Point 3, disagree.

360 is the only console I'll never use the online for. I will not pay for shitty online service that should come free. I'm already paying internet fees as is.

Wii is where all the best true RPG's have been at for this generation of consoles. Any RPG fan should have a blast with the Wii. From Arc Rise Fantasia to XenoBlade, and more.

360 only has Blue Dragon (boring) and Lost Odyssey (one of the best offerings) in terms of true RPG's really, or shares half-baked RPG's with PS3 (which will be in better quality and less discs).

PS3 has a lot of great exclusives (God of War, etc) but it lost all it's true RPG support from last gen. Nearly all it's RPG's are shared with the 360 but the PS3 editions are higher quality video and sound as well as offer bonus features and such that the 360 didn't get.

Hmm the 360 has Dark Souls, a fairly decent RPG unless your not into those kind of RPG's.

what about skyrim? Is that an RPG? Either way, its awesome an not on the wii....that point alone condems the wii.

Skyrim is not a 'traditional' RPG it's more in the vein of offline MMO / Action-RPG, which is what most of the RPG's for the 360/PS3 have been this generation.

Even if it was, one game doesn't condemn a console when it has so much more to offer.

The fact is, the Wii is the traditional-RPG console of this gen.

The XBOX and 360 both have been mostly for FPS fans only.

While the PS2 was RPG fans dream, but the PS3 has been mostly action/adventure themed.

While both the 360 and PS3 seem to share the action-RPG cross games. Which will also be higher quality and less discs on the PS3 version since DVD cannot hope to achieve what Blu-ray is capable of.

Each console pretty much caters to a different type of gaming fan, while still offering some games for more than one console. None of them are fully better than another when it comes to gaming. Though from a technical standpoint the PS3 is better.

I'm not sure what to be more surprised about... the fact that the PS3 is currently leading this pole, or that the Wii actually has a few votes :-p

Also I'm a high powered PC fan myself, but since this is yet another console wars thread, I need to put my vote in for the Xbox considering all the great games and XBlive. It also might have something to do with my PS3 collecting dust (when not playing blue rays that is...).

I prefer the PS3, because it can do much more, but I wish Sony would hurry up & unlock the secrets of playing your music library in-game, well WWE games do it to some extent, but I'm talking like GTA: SA on the original Xbox where you can select Custom Playlist channel while driving listening to your music while still hearing the sound effects, they should remaster those games as well, even though I have the backwards compatible 80GB PS3.

PS3 is my personal favorite. Most of the games that I have wanted these past few years have been on the PS3 or multiplatform. I prefer the exclusives on the PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War III, Gran Turismo 5, Demon's Souls, Infamous, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, MAG, Resistance, Uncharted, not to mention all those neat HD Collections coming out.

The Wii would be my 2nd favorite simply because it's fun when you have people over and just want something casual and fun to play. I'm not too familiar with the Wii games, but it's pretty obvious that the Wii has done the best job with games that appeal to casual and old school gamers. The PS3 and Xbox fail in that aspect in comparison.

The Xbox 360 hasn't really caught my interests. It's basically a shitty PS3 with better online that you have to pay for and few interesting games. The only thing I actually like on the Xbox 360 is Gears of War and Fable, maybe Mass Effect, but probably not.

They're all outdated though, quite a bit behind PCs, too bad PC gaming sucks lol Were getting pretty close to the point where it's time for the WiiWii (that's what I call it!), Xbox 720, and PS4 to come out.

I prefer 360, the price is very fair compared to that of the PS3, and online gaming is paid for, which provides a much better online service as far as Ive heard as I dont have a PS3 but people who have both have said that ps3 online games are a bit laggy at times and leaves alot to desire compared to xbl. I havent been able to play playstation since I was 17 as my hands are too big for the controller and so end up holding the controller with just my thumb, index and middle finger which feels quite awkward and uncomfortable whereas 360 has chunkier controllers I can use easily and comfortably

• 2 months later...

I would have to go with the original NES basically because of the great games (sure the graphics were not that great and neither was the sound effects or music but they were/are a lot of fun to play)... and because without it we probably would never have gotten the Dragon Warrior or Final Fantasy games to begin with.

I went for the original xbox, unlike the 360 the old xbox was built right the first time (no rings of death), you could host your own servers so there was not big lag issues and when you bought a game it was complete you didn't have to download patches or updates like you have to do now a days for a lot of games and with some games if you dont have the net on your 360 to download these patches you can't complete the game. That being said I still play my 360 when ever I have a free moment.... I just hope Microsofts next console gose back to being about qaulity rather than rushing it out the door it time for Christmas or that.