The War of the Consoles!

Koby

What is your Favorite Video Game Console??  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Video Game Console??

• Atari 2600/5200/7800
    • NES/Famicom {Nintendo Entertianment System}
    • SNES/Super Famicom
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo Gamecube
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 1
    • Playstation 2
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox Original
    • Xbox 360
    • Sega Master System
    • Sega Genesis
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Gameboy {Original/Color/Advanced}
    • Nintendo DS/3DS
    • PSP {Playstation Portable}
    • Sega Game Gear
    • PC

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS3 failed in my eyes. When it came out it cost 600 dollars. I could buy a 360 AND a Wii for less than that...so...that's what I did.

Now that the PS3 is cheaper, I don't need a PS3 because I don't want to buy a 300 dollar system for one little big planet. They could have gotten me with either FFXIII or Catherine, but nope, those are on the 360, so I don't need a PS3. Sony is losing the first party support I cared about, it's RPG's. I don't play that many FPS's. So I went for the Cheaper system.

Also, Xbox Live > the PSN any day.

Anyway...as you can tell I'm a Wii Fanboy. FIRE EMBLEM AND BRAWL ALL THE WAY!!! XD

PS3 failed in my eyes. When it came out it cost 600 dollars. I could buy a 360 AND a Wii for less than that...so...that's what I did.

Got to remember when the PS3 came out, Blu-ray was still rather new and a 'cheap' Blu-ray player cost like $300 at least. Now Blu-ray players are cheap around $70. The price difference was warranted. Though I do agree that price was way too high.

PS3 has a lot of good exclusives such as God of War, but it's true most of the best games are not exclusive to the console.

My favorite genre is classic turn-based style RPG, which the PS3 does not have. Wii has Arc Rise: Fantasia (excellent game), and 360 has Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey (though haven't played it yet). For the most part the best RPG's this generation have been on the Wii, though sadly Nintendo of America are being douche-bags and refusing to localize such games as XenoBlade and Last Story.

Also, Xbox Live > the PSN any day.

I'll NEVER use XBOX Live, but I use PSN constantly. I have a 360, Wii, and PS3.

I will not pay to be able to use XBOX Live, when the Wii and PS3 offer free online.

I prefer a PS3 but I find that the Wii can be fun, the more people playing the better. I probably prefer a PS3 because I started off with a PS1 at like 8 and then got a PS2 at about 12 so I got used to the format, layout and controls of the PS series and find it a little annoying when playing my friend's xbox, just because I always throw a grenade when I want to shoot or something like that. Plus I've start buying blu-rays that I play on my PS3, lucky my new PS3 is a US version because most of my blu-rays are imports from the US =).

To be honest I am not really a gamer, I am more of a retro gamer. I don't really find modern games to be appealing to me. The oldies have such a large extensive library of games that choosing a game to buy is rather a difficult decision to make. There were tons and tons of games out there during the cartridge era. Nowadays even though there are game exclusive titles, there isn't really that much of game exclusives. There are many games that are shared throughout the systems. The game that I found to be most appealing is the Uncharted series. The graphics are amazing it just shows how much the PS3 can do. Whether PS3, 360 or wii its all about gaming. It is the past time of not just America but other countries as well.

Playstation all the way. I only own a sex-box is cause of the games that are exclusive to system, and i don't mean just Halo. There are games that i like that you can only get on the x-box cause the creators never made a ps3 version or refuse to tell us if and or when they'll bring the game to the states (i.e. Tales of Vesperia).

I've never had a problem with the ps3, where as the x-box the power box over heats and shuts off frequently enough that is piss me off.

To be honest I am not really a gamer, I am more of a retro gamer. I don't really find modern games to be appealing to me. The oldies have such a large extensive library of games that choosing a game to buy is rather a difficult decision to make. There were tons and tons of games out there during the cartridge era. Nowadays even though there are game exclusive titles, there isn't really that much of game exclusives. There are many games that are shared throughout the systems. The game that I found to be most appealing is the Uncharted series. The graphics are amazing it just shows how much the PS3 can do. Whether PS3, 360 or wii its all about gaming. It is the past time of not just America but other countries as well.

Yeah I'm not much of a gamer but when it comes to a war of the consoles I feel that I must support the PS3, stupid really since it shouldn't bother either way. Uncharted is a brilliant series, kinda of wish that I hadn't got out of gaming because the third part of the series is out. Oh well at least I think I spend my money on better things like anime =).

Both have their perks. But PSN network is crap (been terrible the last week), but wouldn't effect my decision since I pretty much hate playing online unless it's a co-op setting. People are just Aholes in voice-chat on games, takes the fun out of it for me (+ glitches/spawn killers). But yes, the blue-ray player is a nice perk (But I never use it), and I also like the controllers a bit better on PS3.

Xbox has a better network and also has Halo. (My opinion seems to change mostly based on the games).

i have both consoles and each have their pros and cons.

xbox360

+more competitive online players and games (halo,gears,etc.)

+xbox live features(like party chat) and overall performance top notch

-Xbox live cost money(not expensive but not free)

PS3

+top notch single player offerings as well as variety

+free online and blue-ray capabilities

-PSN performance and updates

if i had to choose one i would xbox 360 because of the online, its worth it for me

Xbox 360 for me. Ive had one for as long as they have been round (that includes the original xbox) not that im to biased on the matter, I use to own a PS2, i have owned all nintendo's since the super nintendo. But as for which one I mainly prefer. I still stand xbox. I like the games that come out on it (exclusive wise) and the controller just feels better. Though I love Naruto Ninja storm 1 on PS3!!!