The War of the Consoles!

Koby

What is your Favorite Video Game Console??  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Favorite Video Game Console??

• Atari 2600/5200/7800
    • NES/Famicom {Nintendo Entertianment System}
    • SNES/Super Famicom
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo Gamecube
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Playstation 1
    • Playstation 2
    • Playstation 3
    • Xbox Original
    • Xbox 360
    • Sega Master System
    • Sega Genesis
    • Sega Saturn
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Gameboy {Original/Color/Advanced}
    • Nintendo DS/3DS
    • PSP {Playstation Portable}
    • Sega Game Gear
    • PC

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with cash and you like the nintendo things then WII

without cash and want lots of games that are still cheap PS2

fan boy favorite ... 360 but games are expensive that are new

hard core sony fan who wants blue ray movies too PS3

best bet just to have fun DS or PSP (little more expensive)

(dont kill me this is just my quick opinion)

thanks and i was deeply considering the 360 (i wish i had the money for a PS3) and im not a big nintendo fan ANYMORE! they went to shit and the wii is not entertaining i find it annoying. i was also considering a new handheld the psp sounds like a good way to go but the DS also looks like its got some interesting games...idfk...thats why im asking everyone elses opinion because i cant make up my mind but ive got it narrowed down to a 360, one of the handhelds, or a new jump roap (last ditch effort at entertainment)

• 5 months later...

Best handheld is by far the PsP, i love mine for awesome games and full DvD rips i have on it(Scaled with a program i can get 8-9 on my 4gb card). My battery life running off mem card is 5-6 hours, you cant beat that. I have an aftermarket battery off ebay also for $2 and it works just as well. The absolute best for long trips and plane rides. Now with the expanding downloadable game market on the PS store its just getting better.

For best system i would go with PS2, its the cheapest at $99 now and it has the most extensive gaming library(Including PS1 games) for any genra you want to play and it has better graphics than the Wiitard IMO

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The PS2 is great because of the variety in games. The xbox360 because of halo and the controller fitted for first person games. WII for there innovation. PS3 for the graphics.

Which to choose is quite hard because each have something unique about it... so i have all of them. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

honstly it depends on the games you like. if your in to hardcore go with a ps3and also free psn acc. medicore is xbox360 but they charge you money for a xboxlive. and more or less nintendo looks like a lot of arcade games. psp is like a hardcore portible and ds is lower everything with a stronger case at least that is the way i look at it.

Owner of ps3,psp,ds,xbox360,wii,pc

• 4 weeks later...
it's not a system that's good, it's the games that are available on it. I would research some current games and see what system supports the most of those.

This ladies hit the nail on the head!

Ive been a gamer for years and owned pretty much every console ever released (bar the wii it sucks). I have both the 360 and ps3 and its a well known fact more games developers have put there efforts more into the 360.

The only reason I bought the ps3 was for the playstation unique games that you can't buy on any other console (which are awesome btw) it may be the more powerful system but if the games developers aren't making use of its superior capabilities (which there not) its no better then the 360.

If you plan on playing a lot of online gaming the ps3 is free with inbuilt wireless and has a bluray player as standard, the games are dam expensive though.

The xbox 360 charges a subscription for online play but if your not fussed about online play its very easy to mod them (or get a friend of a friend to mod the 360) to play backup copies, which are easily downloadable from torrent websites on the net.

If your not really a gamer at all and just want something to fill your time with then maybe try the wii. Its more of a family entertainment system, especially good for kids and non gamers seeking something a bit different... but the novelty soon wears off for the regular or even casual gamer imo. On the plus side the Wii like the 360 is very easy to mod making it possible to download backup copies.

Personaly I would stick with the 360 and try get one of the slighty older consoles as the newer they are the harder they are to modd ;)

Oh wow, N64? I know it was a great stride in gaming history, but it's definitely time for an upgrade XD

A little more information about the kinds of games you play would be useful, but I'd go with the PS3 for generally everything. It has great games, great features (music, video, photos, free online, Blu-ray, etc.), and it's getting even more epic come 2011 with 3-D gaming and movies, but that will be a bit pricy. But it's still going to be great even without a 3-D tv.

If you're more of a casual now-and-then gamer, PS2. It may be over 10 years old, but it's still selling like it's successor, the PS3. HUGE library of games to choose from at decent prices.

But if you're looking to stick with Nintendo, get the Wii. Decent price, and a lot of games to choose from, be you a fit-freak, a casual gamer, and even a few titles for the hardcore gamer. It's a balanced system.

Lets see. To be honest, I would say the Xbox 360 is the best system to buy because it is only 300 dollars, you get games with your purchase and you also get a good array of games to choose from. Of course, this depends if you are a huge fan of Nintendo games such as Mario, Super Smash Brothers, ect.

But in my honest opinion, Xbox is the best way to go, good online gaming, pretty cheap online play. I would look up games list to base your decision.

• 1 year later...