Search function doesn't work anymore?

I don't know what happened, but regardless of what I search for using the search menu at the top right, it always brings up 0 results. Even when I search for thread names I am subscribed to, so I KNOW they exist.

This happened only recently, so not due to the new forum design - things worked fine just 2 weeks ago. Please fix this, otherwise I cannot really use the forums to find any content...

Same thing happening to me on Chrome. Often 0 results when searching for stuff, but not always. For example when I search "South Park" I get loads of threads, but when I search "What About Mimi" (one of my old topics) - no results. The topic works if you use a direct link, though, so it's not deleted.

6 hours ago, Ladu101 said:

If you search for something using the top right search (instead of the new search menu in the middle of the page) while in search results, you'll be searching though status updates instead of what you were previously searching through. Are you doing that by accident?

I tried searching for "Class of the titans" using the Forums/Search button, same 0 results. Hey, you can try it yourself, it will do the same for you as it does for me. Some terms simply bring up 0 results, ridiculous since I just posted in the thread a few days ago.

Kametsu's search is slightly awkward and should be changed imo.

You are right @SwiftNimblefoot. ''Class of the titans'' results in nothing.

However, try using Advanced Search instead. It's at the bottom of the dropdown menu. Then switch to this option. Search again and it should show you about ~2100 results.

Problem with this method is that it's extremely broad and general. It's far from foolproof but atleast it's better than no results at all.

I experimented around and it seems removing "the" and "of" brings up some results, but only if using Advanced search, not the upper right corner one. Also, I checked the "only search topics" and that helped too.

Guess I am accustomed to just hitting items in the search box and pressing enter in most places, it's more convenient.

• 3 months later...