Samurai Jack: The Complete Series Blu-ray

ThePJzer

Hey everyone! I've never seen this show, but I know that it was extremely popular.

I searched Kametsu and didn't see any posts about this.

So here you go, for anyone who wasn't aware. ^_^

186071_large.jpg

Samurai Jack: The Complete Series Blu-ray

Following the epic conclusion of its fifth and final season, Adult Swim's four-time Emmy Award-winning series, Samurai Jack, will arrive as a complete series on Blu-ray on October 17.

Featuring all 62 heart-pounding episodes of the critically acclaimed animated show, Samurai Jack: The Complete Series also arrives with action-packed bonus content, including exclusive featurettes, behind the scenes looks and special commentary. Fans will also relive the first four seasons in HD for the first time as each episode has been remastered to perfection. The box set also features a one-of-a-kind metal art print, created especially for the show's devoted fans.

Source: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Samurai-Jack-The-Complete-Series-Blu-ray/186071/

Edited by ThePJzer
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, EccentricOne said:

Its not going to be like the Simpsons and zoom in to make it 16:9 is it?

I'm honestly not sure, I did a decent amount of searching and couldn't find any solid info on it for you.

From what I read the first 4 seasons were 1.33:1 (4:3) but apparently had many moments in several episodes that were 1.78:1 (16:9) to emphasize particular scenes. So cropping all of S1-S4 to 1.78:1 would be awkward to say the least, because it would bounce around between cropped and uncropped scenes, not to mention de-emphasizing the 1.78:1 scenes.

I saw one comment mentioning that Warner doesn't upscale SD content for HD releases, so according to them this is indeed a true remastering of the first 4 seasons. If that statement is correct, I don't see why they would go through all that trouble just to crop the image in the end.

Better yet, they may expand the image to 1.78:1 with no cropping, and the scenes that were previously 1.78:1 could be expanded to 2.40:1 to maintain the emphasis they intended to imply for those scenes. (This would be awesome for long time Samurai Jack fans and newcomers like myself!)

I'm curious how the aspect ratio changes will be handled if they retain the 1.33:1 ratio. When it first aired they obviously just matted a 1.78:1 image inside a 1.33:1 frame. They must know how silly this would look on a modern widescreen TV, so here's hoping that the image is expanded from 1.33:1 to 1.78:1 and fills the whole screen for these scenes.

We'll find out it a couple months unless new info becomes available. 

Edited by ThePJzer
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I read on blu-ray.com that Every season is on a 50 GB disc which would make an episode have like 3-4 times the bitrate and size (my guess is at least 3 GB/EP) of a native ITunes rip (I also read on the official discussion thread of the series that the Itunes version is about 800-900 MB per episode). I would buy the boxset myself (and one day I most certainly will) but besides the fact that it is already currently out of stock (and is being sold on eBay at a Higher price than officially announced) I can't afford it right now. And, as a personal favorite series I think it deserves only the Best.xD

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...