Best video player (for anime) Android Tablet??

manc4life

Guys can you recommend the best player for watching Anime on android tablets. I use MX PLayer pro ver 1.7+

Most of the times i watch them on my tablet Leonovo S8-50 (an old one i know :D) and I keep having issues with the subs. I prefer my shows dubbed and i keep having these issues with the Signs/Songs Track.

The issues are either that the subs are not displayed poperly or sometime i dont get the subs at all even if its selected.

Thanks.

MX Player is the ideal player for an Android platform. However, the fonts are still limited on the OS so, it's likely whatever style the encoder/sub group is using, your device isn't able to properly display them.

Try using VLC for Android and see if it makes a difference. I'm not fond of it on Android (and it's a last resort for the PC these days for me) but, it could be a good start to troubleshoot the issue. If it doesn't work there, it's likely device limitations.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NeutralHatred said:

MX Player is the ideal player for an Android platform. However, the fonts are still limited on the OS so, it's likely whatever style the encoder/sub group is using, your device isn't able to properly display them.

Try using VLC for Android and see if it makes a difference. I'm not fond of it on Android (and it's a last resort for the PC these days for me) but, it could be a good start to troubleshoot the issue. If it doesn't work there, it's likely device limitations.

^This. MX Player is a lot better than VLC imo. Much cleaner interface, much snappier, and performed a bit better too. For example, I couldn't get VLC to play nicely with a 720p 10bit video I was trying to watch, but MX Player played it without a single hitch. Signs don't always work properly, so minor issues with that should be expected, but subs should look and work fine.

• Like 1

If you end up just unable to get it to play no matter what you try, you can always set up a Plex server and have it transcode and burn in the subtitles on the fly. That'll be virtually guaranteed to work (though there will be a slight quality loss if your tablet can't play the video directly)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...