most hated anime cliches

brotheralex

I could ramble on for 10 hours about some of the irritating and stupid sh*t in anime,

but I'll try to list the greatest offenses:

Aloud Surprised Noises (BWUH? HUH? ect)

Naming special attacks (aloud)

blood or fan service for its own sake and basing the entire anime off it to sell love pillows and sh*t

Male leads that don't act like real people. Nobody ever acts on impulse. Greatest offender is Shinji. He's a

complete p*ssy with no backbone or natural instinct what-so-ever. Daddy issues can only carry a character so far

Giving your show a "F*ck you" ending and then never making a proper one.

Oh, and this one doesn't pertain to this thread, but is still worthy of note:

People in real life hating an anime because of its subject matter or stigma (no, I'm not talking about those fan-service and/or gore only animes) whether it be a romance that actually takes a realistic turn by GOING SOMEWHERE and isn't widely centered around fan-service, or something widely considered taboo by many people.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is a cliche that doesn't only appear in anime but it's one that annoys me greatly, here it is:

Guy/Girl is lying there, presumed to be dead with numerous people gathered around the body talking about said dead person when the camera moves and shows the dead persons hand which at first does nothing and then suddenly twitches to which none of the surrounding people notice until the presumed dead person is suddenly back up...

People need to learn the Double Tap.

• Like 1

Not necessarilly anime-specific, but still..

The power of love/friendship/because the character is the 'good guy', winning over everything. This always pisses me off to no end.

I want whomever is logically the strongest to win, if a character works hard (e.g DBZ) to be the strongest, then I am fine with the good guy winning. On the opposing side something like Saint Seiya where Seiya has no right/nor logical reason to be able to win against pretty much anybody...That is just bull.

• Like 1

Not necessarilly anime-specific, but still..

The power of love/friendship/because the character is the 'good guy', winning over everything. This always pisses me off to no end.

This. I completely agree. While I can see why friendship is an integral part of a lot of series, not just for anime, it's been kinda grating on my nerves as of late. 

• 10 months later...

Harem anime never have an actual harem, it's always just some guy who likes the most indecisive girl while a slew of others throw themselves at him to no avail. It would be nice to see one that at least has the guy be interested in the other girls, if not have an actual harem (I realize why the latter never happens but still). It just seems like false advertising.

Also, on a side note, why does every episode of Bleach have to freaking recap what's going on up to that point? I mean EVERY episode seems to do this! I get it he's a soul reaper and he's fighting to save whoever, just get on with it!

Also, on a side note, why does every episode of Bleach have to freaking recap what's going on up to that point? I mean EVERY episode seems to do this! I get it he's a soul reaper and he's fighting to save whoever, just get on with it!

It's called padding. They do it to fill in the time so they can show less content in the actual episode to help with the fact that they're caught up to the manga and to lessen the required use of fillers because they refuse to just put the anime on break.

Think of it this way: The manga is released one chapter a week. Long running anime is released one episode a week. However that episode will typically burn through 1.5 to 4 chapters of the manga depending on how action packed or how fast they pace it. That means one episode can burn through an entire month of content from the manga, all the while there is still three more episodes to be aired during the same time frame. So it's impossible for the anime to not catch up at some point.

Unless you go the route One Piece has now and adapt one chapter to one episode; which leads to shit pacing and ruins the show because nothing happens now in 50+ episodes.

• Like 2

I can't stand how almost every anime have to have a oversexualized woman or women. In most classes these characters are only there for fan serve, also in most cases they are annoying. They hardly ever serve a point to the plot, and when they do it is always filler.

Don't get me wrong I love fanserice. I also know many shows revolve around it like highschool of the dead or kill LA kill. I just don't like it when a show that doesnt need it haa way 2 much of it

• Like 1

Endless battles that take dozens of eps for the characters

to land a punch between horrible dialogues. Boasting of who

is the strongest in the universe (when every 50 eps a new "strongest" appears)

and endless training for the hero to become more and more powerful just to

be beaten again and train some more...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I realy hate the huge boobs and screaming/moaning girls style, which is a huge trend nowadays, usualy when im watching a new anime and i see that i just stop watching and delete, because its just another bad anime that has to rely on boobs instead of story/art.

Oh, and fillers made only to milk more money (Im looking at you Naruto Shippuden)...

• Like 1

All of the anime cliches that were used in FMA: Brotherhood but not in the original Fullmetal Alchemist. The story is superior in Brotherhood, but the original is so much more serious and has far less of the comedic anime cliches that Brotherhood seems to love so much. Because of that, neither show is 100% perfect in my eyes. :/

• 3 months later...

Yeah, ecchi and fan service is great when done well and somewhat subtly, and really adds a lot to a story when its done right. But at a certain level it and at some point becomes needless and pointless.

I thought a borderline series would be like No Game No Life, but they reeled in the over the top stuff pretty well after a little while. It started to get there though at one point to the needless place. :) lol  So, I loved this series, but it came close to going to far over the top for me. Others are completely useless. Like, for instance... only certain female characters can really slip and fall and dump milk all over themselves and have the guy land on them, and have it be interesting to me. :)  Hahaha

I also have an issue though with needless gore and violence... call me a lightweight i guess. My existence is dark enough, trying to survive this world properly, I don't need to dwell on it in my fantasy life as well. Guess I've just never been much into horror and gore. I guess that's just a personal taste thing.

Finally, probably the giant boob thing. I mean, women come in all different shapes and sizes. For every single one to be so ridiculously over endowed, it's just stupid. More fan service issues I guess.

Edited by garo7

It is gratifying to see so many giant boob haters. All this time, I had thought it was just me. They are especially annoying when set to bounce a lot. LOL

I think the cuteness factor is definitely a major part of what makes anime special, but it has to be tasteful and subtle. Not overt and in your face too much. There must be a sensitivity about the way it is presented. This seems to have changed a bit over the years.

As for those who hate panty shots... well, nobody is perfect.  B|