most hated anime cliches

brotheralex

SO THIS IS THE TRUE POWER OF [iNSERT CHARACTER]!

also the need to giving a running commentary on EVERYTHING becomes rather tiresome. I CAN SEE WHAT THE CHARACTER IS DOING FOR MYSELF!

I also dislike the randomness of some anime; Ga-rei:zero for example. It was all going fine until the words 'hot ass' were used by a certain unlikely male character, then the giant semi-naked man showed up:(

I can think of more but not at this moment.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Calling out your attacks.

Fanservice turned up to eleven when it's seriously unneeded.

Protagonists who are almost always clueless or don't think before they act. 

Long monologues and speeches, where anytime the person talking can be shot or hit in the face (when at times, if it's a bad guy, they deserve it). 

The power of friendship to solve a problem. As corny, and nice, as it is, let's be real. It's not gonna do sh*t in a real fight. 

The Childhood friend that likes the Protagonist

Constant slam dunks in basket ball anime

Changing the anime from the original manga to make main character never losse

Recap episodes

Whole episodes that are some characters flash back of years ago

Long dragged out scenes of standing still in battle posistion while the character growl

When in ecchi when the girl hits the protagonist because he is looking at another girl that is prancing arount out in the open naked

Talking when in battle, and I mean those lengthy talks

Constant panting

Also those irritating flash backs.

Add 'battle scenes' that are little more than a still picture shaking on the screen and you have 90% of One piece. Although it's the 10% of sheer awesomeness that keeps bringing me back.

• 1 month later...

1) Fights in animes that follow the formula: Fight for a bit, then talk for a lot, (repeated over and over)

2) Bad guy is kicking the main guy's arse all over the place for so long, you can see the bruises and blood, but the main guy somehow uses willpower to overcome every amount of damage incurred and wins.

3) Main character's parents are completely absent for no reason, so the main char lives alone in a massive house(usually) and is somehow still able to pay the bills, clean the house and feed himself.

4) Falling down scenes which are clearly forced: guy slips on non-existent object and falls on girl or vice versa

5) Harem animes that follow the same formula: For example, there is always a beach episode, hot springs episode, cultural festival episode, etc... to the point where only the 1st and last episodes have any story.

6) Fan service: Like any guy, I like my fair share of fan service, but some animes are just borderline hentai.

• Like 1

that the male characters never notice the intentions, feeliengs or whatever you want to call it of the female characters tha are attracted to them

girls with oversized boobs

This is it ! I won't say more !!!

girls with oversized boobs

This is it ! I won't say more !!!

can't say moore.

• 3 weeks later...

Friendship. The power of friendship. It's okay as a theme, but don't ruin dramatic scenes with it by suddenly switching to the gooey friendship center. I'm looking at you, Soul Eater.

When the adults in a series for some reason are absent while kids battle for the survival of mankind/the world. 

Useless main characters. 

5) Harem animes that follow the same formula: For example, there is always a beach episode, hot springs episode, cultural festival episode, etc... to the point where only the 1st and last episodes have any story.

Made worse when nothing of interest actually happens at any of those places.