most hated anime cliches

brotheralex

Fillers are really annoying. I guess not following the source material in general is what I hate. Obviously, there are times when adjustments are needed for pacing and such, but when an anime deviates from it's source so drastically that they can be considered two different stories, then it is way too much.

Also, I hate monster of the week style anime or anime that has deus ex machina ad nauseam.

Fan service scenes and characters

over sized breast

showing girls emotionally inferior to boys

Too much coolness in protagonist

All girls fighting for single guy

Over action and single character centered stories

twisted mind characters shown in responsible posts

Too much IQ who can do everything good. Perfect Guys/girls

These things along with few others really irritates me while I watch anime.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, so much hate for fanservice...I'm gonna love it here. ^_^

The idea that female on male abuse is funny or hot.

When the bad guy is beating the s@#t out of the hero/ine the whole fight and then when he's just about to finish him/her off he's distracted by another character just long enough for the hero/ine to pull out the finishing move and kill him while he's distracted.

Girls named after candies or fruit or anything else asociated with sweet.

And most of all...Giant robot shows that DON'T have the same minute long transformation sequence every episode. :D

• 3 weeks later...

1. A non ecchi anime showing an annoying amount of fan service, not everyone wants to see that! I'd prefer if they kept it to specific anime made for it.

2. Girls wearing little to no clothes

3. Obnoxious amount of breast physics, like realistically is one thing, but people are just too much with it.

4. Incest. No, just no thanks.

5. *Super big battle* Let's talk for 10 minutes tho, and make the bad guy wait for us, until we're done talking!

I have no problem with the characters talking about stuff in a battle, but if this was real life.. the enemy would just stab you, while you were talking.. it's just unrealistic. There's a time and place for everything, talking while someone is thrusting a sword towards you, is not the right time...

My most hated anime cliché would probably be any form of fan service, I hate when they feel the need to put in fan service just to get an audience. If your anime isn't good enough to attract an audience without fan service then take a hint and try again. 

• 2 years later...