Can someone give me a hand with ripping from this site?

PDoggy77

Hey there,

So, I happen to be a big fan of the show "Catfish: The TV Show", and due to a lack of HQ rips out there, I decided to try and rip the episodes myself from MTV.ca, where they can all be streamed. However, I just can't figure out how to find the video stream to save/download. I think the site uses flash, so might that be why I can't figure it out? Anyways, I'd be very grateful if someone could give me a hand and see what I'm doing wrong here, and help me finally get a good rip of this. Here's an example as to what I'm trying to rip;

http://www.mtv.ca/shows/catfish/video/season-1/catfish-the-tv-show-sunny-and-jamison-s1-ep1/1697352/0/2

Thanks,

~ Pdoggy07

• 2 weeks later...

It's a Bell Media site so it's probably an m3u8 stream. Try loading the site while you have Fiddler running, and when the video loads, go back to fiddler and find the contentpackages/.../stacks/?callback URL. Load that in one tab. Go back to fiddler and look for a manifest.f4m URL. Copy that into notepad and replace f4m with m3u8. The numbers between stacks and manifest (../stacks/*******/manifest.m3u8) are in the callback URL. You need to make a URL for every stack id. 001, 002, 003, 004, etc. After you have all those links, you can use ffmpeg to rip them.

• 3 weeks later...