Need freeware for syncing and muxing audio and video

Afternoon Nap

I'm trying to sync and mux audio tracks into separate videos which already contain other audio tracks.

I'd appreciate your recommendations for programs that work with mkv, H264 10bit/8bit, FLAC, AAC, and AC3, and don't re-encode anything.

Thank you for your help.

For syncing/working out syncing then either VLC or MPC and adjust the audio delay time to the subtitles, especially if it has Karaoke. (This is the easiest method (comparing it to John Flower's) and only a keen eye will notice if its out by ~100ms or so) 

For muxing, mkvmerge or a batch script, that works with mkvmerge, to do multiple files. 

You should use Adobe Audition or Audacity (freeware) if you want to do things right. Or, if you only have video + un-synced audio, use Sony Vegas.

I would be very impressed if people actually did this... not saying that its bad. Also wouldn't Aegisub (freeware) be the same as it gives you the equaliser for the audio, the video and the subtitles all together? 

I'm trying to sync and mux audio tracks into separate videos which already contain other audio tracks.

I'd appreciate your recommendations for programs that work with mkv, H264 10bit/8bit, FLAC, AAC, and AC3, and don't re-encode anything.

Thank you for your help.

For syncing/working out syncing then either VLC or MPC and adjust the audio delay time to the subtitles, especially if it has Karaoke. (This is the easiest method (comparing it to John Flower's) and only a keen eye will notice if its out by ~100ms or so)

It's quicker and easier to just line up the audio with the original in Audacity.

Where do you source video files without audio? Wherever that is, it sounds like a place to avoid~

lol, noted! But could you clarify what you meant when you said "the original audio track" in the quote bellow? I thought you were referring to an original being untouched and from a place like ADC, I.E. as opposed to a track that has already been (miss)timed/edited. 

Syncing to video isn't anywhere near as accurate as syncing with the original audio track... If you're not doing this, your release is imperfect.

@Nintendon't: if you could do the same as well?

It's quicker and easier to just line up the audio with the original in Audacity.

lol, noted! But could you clarify what you meant when you said "the original audio track" in the quote bellow? I thought you were referring to an original being untouched and from a place like ADC, I.E. as opposed to a track that has already been (miss)timed/edited.

Even lossy audio retains peaks and troughs that you can visually sync to with Audacity. You can then play the tracks back to confirm.

lol, noted! But could you clarify what you meant when you said "the original audio track" in the quote bellow below? I thought you were referring to an original being untouched and from a place like ADC, I.E. as opposed to a track that has already been (miss)timed/edited.

Even lossy audio retains peaks and troughs that you can visually sync to with Audacity. You can then play the tracks back to confirm.

Yup, nothing wrong with that. 

Then I have no idea why I said this... wouldn't make a difference either way I guess. 

It would be... if you had the original...

Where do you source video files without audio? Wherever that is, it sounds like a place to avoid~

Syncing to video isn't anywhere near as accurate as syncing with the original audio track... If you're not doing this, your release is imperfect.

The original audio track from the source video, I usually zoom in all the way in Audacity and line up the two tracks at something like a sound effect or the start of a song then export it and test a few times until the sync seems perfect. Takes less than 15 minutes.

Edited by Nintendon't

The original audio track from the source video, I usually zoom in all the way in Audacity and line up the two tracks at something like a sound effect or the start of a song then export it and test a few times until the sync seems perfect. Takes less than 15 minutes.

Ah ok I see. Thanks. And yes that is the easiest way, I do exactly the same but using Wavepad instead, I found it easier than Audacity and it has all the same features, if not more. 

Never heard of wavepad. I'll give it a try though.

Cool cool. I would recommend finding a cracked version, as it becomes annoying when using the free version (you cant do simple things like "save file as" -_- )

Unfortunately the cracked version quite a few versions behind the latest thats out... however I haven't noticed any issues using it. 

I was just trying to figure this out myself yesterday (with no luck).  :sad:

I had two different rips of the same Cartoon episode and wanted to combine the audio from one with the video from the other.

1st rip had GOOD quality Video but SPANISH Audio.

2nd rip had POOR quality Video but ENGLISH Audio.

How do I combine the English audio with the Good quality Video and SYNC them?

The running time is nearly a minute difference between the two rips so I tried to play with the "time delay" option to sync them up.  The problem is that as soon as I synced one part of the audio and video, the rest was even more un-synced.  I think this has to do with the different FPS of the two videos.  Somehow the audio file needs to be either expanded or compressed to to match the fps of the Good Video file, but I have no idea how to do that.

Would any of the software programs mentioned above be able to do that?