Anime You Would Never Watch Again.

Valeria-chan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Code Geass. I know it's supposed to be like the greatest anime of all time, but I hated it.

well me too especially the ending but after one month or so, when i heard the quote "Essence of heroism is to die so that others can live" from Arrow.

Code: Geass made into my top 5.

• 3 weeks later...

Queen's Blade, anyone watch two or three episode would understand.

I was embarrassed the first time I saw Queen's Blade at a friend's house.

As for anime I wouldn't watch again?  Maburaho, not so much because it's a Harem anime, but because the ending ticked me off.

Umineko No Nako Koro Ni - The creepy, psychotic little girl who hooted a lot (~ooh!~ooh!~ooh!~) whenever she mentioned Beatrice being a witch was extremely annoying to listen to.

SAO and Steins;Gate

I liked how things were going for these shows on their early episodes but they just had to derail everything I liked and slap in things that I hated in anime. Not only will I never watch these two again, I don't ever want to hear or see anything remotely resembling these two franchises.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

FLCL. It was boring and confusing at the same time. I probably wouldn't have finished it if it wasn't 4 Episodes long. I would say some others, like ones that are really long, but the more I think about them the more I want to watch them again. That said, it's unlikely I'll ever devote time to watching any series over again completely that isn't complete gold to me.

I have three main reasons for not wanting to watch anime again, and I usually don't rewatch a series:

Death Note will never be the same as it was the first time. The sense of mystery and suspense were the two things seriously pulling me through the whole show!

After I'd seen the ending I felt huge relief and loss at the same time. That happens to a lot of series where lack of knowledge of the unknown is a very key part of the story.

This can happen in reverse, though; when you realise that all the previous story was leading up to a great revelation it's sometimes nice to go back and see how everything connects.

Another reason is it was so amazing I never want to revisit the memory and alter it. Like keeping something precious in a box so the world can't damage it.

Strangely enough, it tends to be the older anime that this happens to for me. The original Fullmetal Alchemist is a good example, or Lucky Star!

Similarly to the first reason, there are times when I'd love to revisit that nostalgic time of wonder and end up rewatching something from a long time ago to get back to my roots!

The last reason is a little less grand. It's just that I think the anime was really, really bad... An example of this for me would be Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!

Horrible anime (for me, personally) that had such a wonderful first episode. I really did love the premise in the beginning but it got tiring really quickly for some reason.

Of course I might try it again some day. Maybe when I'm feeling a bit more into harem stuff... I'm not big on harem stuff so that's probably why.

However! If a friend asked me to rewatch a series with them I'd definitely say yes! Always!

• 5 months later...

Boku no Pico. I hate this garbage so freaking much.  It is so bad that...THIS IS THE WORST OF ALL WORST ANIME!!! THIS MAKES ALL THE COUNTRIES OF THE WORLD SHATTER TO PIECES AND THE UNIVERSE COLLIDE!!! THIS ALMOST CONTROLLED THE WEATHER AND BOUGHT NATURAL DISASTERS AROUND THE WORLD!!! OR WORSE BRING GLOBAL WARMING!!! THIS ANIME IS ONE OF THE CRIMES AGANIST HUMANITY BY ENTERTAINMENT!!! THIS GARBAGE WILL MAKE YOU PUKE IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH OR FAINT OUT!!! THEREFORE, I HIGHLY WON'T RECOMMEND THIS ANIME TO ANYONE, EVER!!!! WATCH ANY GOOD ANIME NOT THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!!

I'M GETTING PISSED OFF HERE BECAUSE OF THIS ANIME!!!

Edited by Canada85

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...