How was your day today?

Emotional Outlet

I had quite a nice day, started a new course! on a plus side i started it with my best friend from my old one, and one of the girls who was in my course 2 years ago is in it too. Which means I'm not stuck talking to people I don't know and getting awkward and what not.

We are setting up a small business (so to speak) so if anyone wants any graphical stuff done (logos small bits and pieces and what not) I will be happy to do something, it all helps for my class. OH I also walked around the town and took a whole bunch of photos with an expensive camera which was coooool. some of them turned out really really nice =D

I am super super tired from all the walking and stuff, but I had a great day!

Overall, pretty great.

This morning and afternoon, I just watched movies in my PJs. The Lorax and Rise of the Guardians; both of which were just okay.

Then I had rehearsal in the evening.

When I got home I decided to fill out a job application. Not 10 minutes after registering for the website to fill out the application, I got an unsolicited and completely unexpected call from a avian and exotic veterinary clinic 45 minutes outside of New York City. I talked to the doctor for a while (I think it became an over-the-phone interview?), and she said that if I was interested in the position, to send references. And if I was REALLY interested, that maybe I should visit the clinic before deciding to move to a different state. I've never had any interest in moving that far, but this almost seems like fate.

So now, life is stressful.

Let's see I woke up about 5 p.m. Sunday or 6 or 7 honestly don't recall.  I stayed up and did my usual night shift routine though I ended up playing KoL and Tales of Symphonia then about 11 went to our local grocery store to get more baby formula, and come home to find out we were having a "wonderful" visit a little while after so when we got done with that the new motherboard came in where my wife got to yell at the idiotic chat help from newegg, thankfully their call customer service crew is much more helpful.  We found out the first motherboard was the wrong one, and finally got to bed about 5 p.m. today while trying to physically fight falling asleep literally on my feet.

Had to get called out of work because I felt like crap this whole weekend, and would not have made it to work safely let alone have been productive.

At least I feel kind of better now.

It was completely and utterly stressful...Ren knows most of why, but then it was awesome cause of this:

525740_10200319038652138_769402026_n.jpg

We need inside the case photos!

Nice case though, but these day I don't like LED lights in front of a case. Especially blue LED. In short when you wake up at night and that blue light will annoy the crap out of you.

It shouldn't be a big deal as long as you don't have your computer in your bedroom, haha. My desktop is in the sunroom.

Good luck with your business, Shazi! Hopefully it takes off and you end up with more commissions than you know what to do with. :3 Java helps run a company of his own, so if you ever want to pick his brain for stuff, I'm sure he'd be willing to help.

Aah, Poe, if you move to NY you'll be within driving distance of me, haha. We head up to NYC sometimes, and my roommate is from Buffalo, so we've ended up having to drive him there for random stuff. I kind of like moving long distances, so I'm biased, but I definitely hate everything that has to do with packing and unpacking, haha.

Mink/Dreamcastor: Sounds like you guys had a rough couple of days! Hopefully things have settled down, though.

Oh ye, that's like four hours away from us, if we take toll roads. Back roads are like an extra two hours, but it's usually worth it except for the murderous mountain roads.

But yeah, I have a handful of friends from New York, so it wouldn't be too much of a bother to solicit information, haha. The east coast in general seems to be expensive (or really cheap but ghetto--looking at you, Baltimore), it's such a bother.

Personally, my advice would be "don't" ^_^ But I've never been a fan of big expensive cities that have apartments smaller than my primary bathroom (and cost enough every month to rent a 2 bedroom house here..)

My day was awesome. Got my tax return money, treated Mal and I to a night out, stocked up on food, and bought a nice 32 inch TV to use in the game room. (Also been playing Killing Floor.)

Big cities defo aren't for everyone. I don't like them much myself, prefer to visit (and I'm much more for the west coast than the east). But I can definitely see the appeal--public transit is prevalent enough that a lot of people from that area don't need or want driver's licenses (and even if you did, where you gonna put your car?? Huge waste of money) and there's so many crazy things happening that people don't really bat an eye at strangeness. You try to pull half the stuff they do in NYC in the midwest, people are gonna think you're a lunatic, haha.

Being in a suburban area near a big city or two, though. I'm down with that. When I was in DLI, we were within distance of a lot of sweet places--San Jose, San Francisco, Santa Cruz, Gilroy. Hmhmhm, yes.

I took a nap yesterday and spent the rest of the evening in a semi-delirious confusion. I feel slightly less tired today, but I have a lot of work at the library ahead of me because of the long weekend.

Okay, so. Today was my 'first' day of Dealer training. Today was my third day. The other two days were just orientation so this is my first 'real' day.

So we have a Math test, and I'm sitting there daydreaming when I hear "five minutes left", oh god. I haven't even started yet... It's completely empty! But that's okay, I'll redeem myself with the chips. (We have to do a bunch of things with them in annoyingly hard ways). First trial, I didn't even finish. Second trial, I'm dead last. oh noes. (my motor skills suck btw. unless it's to do with a computer). So, final trial, I'm going great. Going to come first, about to put the final chip in it's place when I hear "Done!". Now I freak out. My hand jumps like it's not even a part of my body, chips fly all over the table and floor, oh god. OH GOD.

But then I came home, and logged into Kametsu. So, over all, quite a good day!

Oh no, that sounds like something I would do, haha. When we had to disassemble and reassemble our M16s in basic, we were hot shit in the privacy of our dorms and able to do it in under two minutes--some of us even under a minute. We get a full four minutes to do the whole procedure, so we didn't worry.

But then one of us got pulled aside for a random test and the TI was yelling like, "ALL YOUR SISTERS HERE ARE ABOUT TO DIE IF YOU DON'T GET THIS FINISHED, TRAINEEEEEEEEEE. BETTER HURRY UP. YOU GOT THREE MINUTES. HURRY UP. THEY'RE GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF YOU. YOU BETTER FINISH UP NOW, YOU GOT TWENTY SECONDS." For the full four minutes. Nonstop.

She freaked out and we ended up having to lie on the ground and "die". Kind of funny in retrospect up until the point where she cried.

I wish I did cool stuff, haha. Everything is just weird in retrospect.

Today while I was working at the library, I think there was a woman being interviewed for a court case or something?? She was being recorded and there was a lot of, "This picture is from this date. Is this you? What were you doing that day, do you remember? Is there something in the trunk? Have you travelled anywhere?"

It was weird, I just wanted to alphabetise the DVDs. Which is an even more pointless endeavor than making the magazines nice and pretty, which is what I did yesterday. My fingers were black with ink and Vogue magazine is really heavy.

And then there were a bunch of children running around on library tours. I bonded with a small child and his nanny because he kept trying to run away and I had to go get him every time. He was very nice and also very small and incoherent.

Today is going great! One of my fellow analysts got promoted to Drug Section Supervisor, so I'm going to be bumped up to take her place. In other words, I'm about to be upgraded from a three-year job appointment to a permanent position. This is big. Permanent is good.

And just in time, since I'm almost finished my CDS training anyway. Maybe another month or so of that and I'll be signed off to do the fun stuff. Marijuana is easy and all, but after a year and a half of just doing MJ cases, you get a little bored of it. CDS has so much variety!!!

I'm a forensic scientist. Specifically, I work in the Drug Section of my state's crime lab. We test the actual drugs, as opposed to the presence of them in blood or urine (that's what the Toxicology Section does). There are other sections too, like the DNA Section and Physical Evidence Section (Firearms, Fingerprints, etc.). But yeah, my section deals with drugs. Basically, I receive evidence, analyze the evidence for the absence or presence of controlled dangerous substances, prepare reports to summarize my findings, and testify to my results in a court of law as an expert witness in the analysis of controlled dangerous substances.

We use a lot of interchangeable terms when giving our job a name. Forensic Scientist, Forensic Chemist, Drug Chemist, Forensic Drug Chemist, Forensic Analyst, Drug Analyst, etc. etc. etc.

Forensic Scientist is a nice general term, so yeah.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 2

You have a pretty awesome job Apollo, as for my day today I was planning to go out, missed my bus which came twenty minutes before it was meant to stop at the stop I walk to, then it was an hour before the next so I went home because I was already late by that point. My keys were taken that morning by the idiot staying with me so I was locked out until they came home which is when I vocally abused them and then almost hit them in the face but managed to restrain myself.