Do you smoke weed?

Ripcat

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I don't do any drugs. I also quit drinking within the 2 years I drank.

And yes, I consider weed a drug. Soom say, "Oh no, it's an herb." I also respond with, "Do you consider shrooms an herb?". The reactions they give me are kinda funny. Weed is bad for the lungs, can make you lazy, is a waste of money and depletes memory cells. Heh, my memory sucks as it is truthfully. I do think it's addictive dispite smokers saying it isn't. Reason? Anything people grow attached to, very much enjoy (not wanting to stop), or turn it into a habit IS an addiction. It doesn't have to be a chemical addiction. Saying, "I'm not addicted. I just like it, and don't want to quit." is a load of BS. If you don't want to quit because feel needing to continue or become attached, isn't that what an addiction is!?

Sorry if that sounds like a rant. I mean no disrespect. I did, however, post the real reason I won't smoke and backed up why. Also, it's just some food for thought for both weed smokers and non-weed smokers. Think on it.

• 1 month later...

I've thought about trying it sometimes, but never have. I'm a big proponent of clear thought, and tend to shy away from anything that could cloud my judgement. For this reason I also don't drink to intoxication. A little buzz is nice, but never to the point of losing control. So yeah, weed just kind of seemed to be out.

Have smelt it a hundred times but never smocked... Maybe coz I'm afraid of becoming addicted (= . =)

Physically it's impossible to get addicted to weed, only mentally.Even though I'm pretty young Iv'e smoked weed a few times and it's nothing like I imagined,It basically just made me relaxed that's about it and I don't see why anybody would want to smoke weed regularly.

Haha, this is actually kind of funny x.x I just did that the other day. (Er no, was it Sunday?) Eh something like that. I thought it was a regular cigarette but apparently my friend emptied the tobacco out of it and stuffed weed into it instead. I really couldn't tell the difference until he showed me the tobacco that he emptied out the cigarette. <_< I honestly couldn't tell. Cigarettes and weed must have the same effect, I die faster.

• 2 weeks later...

Never intend to, ever.

I don't like it, at all. I know people preach about how it's not bad and it's so amazing, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't like it and that I never want to use it. It also annoys me when people obsess over it. Besides, I rather spend my money on more reasonable things; such as video games and awesome stuff. I wouldn't like the so-called 'high' feeling either, I like being in control of my thoughts and my mind. But that junk isn't for me, I want to be one of the few people who can actually say they never tried it, pft, I don't do peer pressure.

Never intend to, ever.

I don't like it, at all. I know people preach about how it's not bad and it's so amazing, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't like it and that I never want to use it. It also annoys me when people obsess over it. Besides, I rather spend my money on more reasonable things; such as video games and awesome stuff. I wouldn't like the so-called 'high' feeling either, I like being in control of my thoughts and my mind. But that junk isn't for me, I want to be one of the few people who can actually say they never tried it, pft, I don't do peer pressure.

It's actually got several medical uses.

People talk about this high... but really it isn't what people expect. It doesn't change anything. All it does is help you relax. I know several people who actually smoke it before they go to bed simply because it helps them to relax and sleep well.

Heck they prescribed marijuana pills for my sister to take, but that was in hopes of giving her the munchies so she'd eat more because she was so under weight from all the chemo and radiation treatments along with all the surgeries.

Me, I've tried it a couple times. It's alright, but the first time all I did was choke like crazy. It's not something I care to spend money on and it's not something I have any intentions of doing again.

The only reason they haven't legalized it is because it's too easy for people to grow and therefore they can't tax the shit.. and if the government can't get a cut of the money then they don't want you to legally be able to buy and sell it.

If it was only used for medical reasons, I wouldn't have a problem with it. As for the relaxing thing, that may be true, but there are probably less expensive ways to relieve stress than just smoking. But people can do whatever they please. I don't really care if people do that but if they try to force me into it, that irks me (kinda reminds me of people forcing religion on someone in a way). The only way I get mad if someone talks about if it's someone close to me, like when I first realized half my family is nothing but druggies. Anyway,

It was drilled into my mind that that stuff was bad and it worked. I believed every word of D.A.R.E during middle school and that probably is why I don't care for it and believe it's bad.

Shrugs. I don't really follow D.A.R.E. very much because I'm not the one to step into the shoes of a role-model student because that just isn't my kind of style, I don't believe everything I am told because I like to experience for myself. A risky lifestyle to follow but it's also the most satisfying for me in my opinion.

Like Koby, I choked a few times coughing up almost a lung but it really didn't do much more to me than smoking a regular cigarette. Regardless, I don't see any point to smoking weed but Koby is nonetheless right about it's medicinal uses. I tend to lead a balanced life when it comes to stress because there's a normal healthy dosage of stress and then there's an immense unnecessary/ridiculous amount of stress that some people carry.

Shrugs. The government is always looking for ways to make money...

1.) Weed should be reserved for people going through Chemotherapy, and people over the age of 30 who are responsible enough to handle smoking.

2.) Are drugs bad? Yes, but weed effects the nerve receptors in your brain that have to do with experiencing pain, so they are perscribed for legit reasons.

3.) I have seen upstanding contributing Americans who smoke weed on a daily basis, the problem is most people cannot hold their mug in society. I am all for consenting "adults" having the option to not fill their mouths with 9 pills of prescription medicine; having weed as an alternative option to their pain-killers.

4.) Do I smoke it? No, but that's only because I have to revisit the coroners office frequently.

5.) Cigarettes and Alcohol kill more people a year then Crack, Heroin, and Cocaine combined. Those are the drugs getting people killed, the cops waste too much money rading over weed.

6.) Weed would bring in an excellent revenue to states as our economy continues to slump, I just know people are not mature enough to handle it.

I never would do such a thing!

1- Bad for health

2- Waste of money

3- illegal

4- all of the above ^

A factual report will do well to prove your entire post wrong. Most people claim it is bad for health, when it is really bad for your "health" when it becomes an addiction and a uncontrollable want.

Waste of money; that's another concept held in the eye of the beholder. Prescribed it? Well you don't have much of a choice unless you seek alternatives to it. Most of the people who I talk to that smoke it, go in together to get "X" amount of grams of it and smoke it together.

Legal? Well what if you've been prescribed it? Like Koby mentioned earlier. It's only illegal because the government can't get their "fair share" of the profits. I find it funny though that americans used to grow tobacco and profit off it because it was considered a luxury good however they taxed merchants like hell to ship it back to Europe. Ironically the situation is similar for marijuana.

1.) Weed should be reserved for people going through Chemotherapy, and people over the age of 30 who are responsible enough to handle smoking.

2.) Are drugs bad? Yes, but weed effects the nerve receptors in your brain that have to do with experiencing pain, so they are perscribed for legit reasons.

3.) I have seen upstanding contributing Americans who smoke weed on a daily basis, the problem is most people cannot hold their mug in society. I am all for consenting "adults" having the option to not fill their mouths with 9 pills of prescription medicine; having weed as an alternative option to their pain-killers.

4.) Do I smoke it? No, but that's only because I have to revisit the coroners office frequently.

5.) Cigarettes and Alcohol kill more people a year then Crack, Heroin, and Cocaine combined. Those are the drugs getting people killed, the cops waste too much money rading over weed.

6.) Weed would bring in an excellent revenue to states as our economy continues to slump, I just know people are not mature enough to handle it.

Weed cannot be controlled by the government as it is so easy to grow it. Hell, I myself have been growing it on and off for the past 7-8 years. But then again I have a grow card that permits me to grow.