Who likes Rock Music?

SoulCross

Love it, very very easily one of my favourite genres. :) Sum41 are probably what I listen to most from that vein right now, along with more heavier stuff like Papa Roach which I guess verges onto Metal at points...

Slight thread hijack, seeing as we're on the topic of Linkin Park (in a sense) : What did you think of Living Things? It wasn't like classic Linkin Park, which I really love, so definitely not my favourite album of theirs, but it at least managed to build on the atrocity that was A Thousand Suns, no? xD

I like classic rock! Styx, Journey, Boston, Guns N Roses, etc.

Modern rock is kind of hard to classify. I guess the stuff I listen to is more alternative or indie, than actual "rock." I used to listen to bands like Linkin Park or Lostprophets, but I've pretty much moved away from that. They're still nice to listen to on occasion though.

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 1

well the thing is… these days everything is called "Rock", if you are talking about the good ol' rock of the 60's, 70's and 8o's then heck yeah! I love rock music. The Doors, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, among others, are my favorite artists, and I also like some modern stuff as well, I'm kinda into indie rock, or at least some of it, and some alternative rock as well, Metal… not really my thing but I don't hate it either, and crap called "rock" like Jonas Brothers and stuff like that… well… it sucks…

• Like 2

Rock is definitely a broad category and I think you'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't like at least one facet of rock, haha. Like a lot of the artists listed in the first post, a lot of people wouldn't dare categorise together, haha.

That said, I do like rock and I do like Linkin Park, if only because they're fun to make fun of and they do make good music. (I'm talking to someone on Pesterchum and I almost typed "mewsic".) Of course, I listen to everything because I do what I want and I need to keep my musical horizons broad to aggravate my future children. Between Java and I, we pretty much cover the entire musical spectrum.

I remember every day I got a ride to school when I lived in Japan, I was forced to listen to In The End on the radio. It was like they knew exactly when I was going to school and listening to the radio, so it would play and there'd be nothing else worth listening to on the radio. Good times.

FOR ALL THIS

THERE'S ONLY ONE THING YOU SHOULD KNOOOOOOW

I'VE PUT MY TRUST IN YOU

PUSHED AS FAR AS FAR AS I CAN GO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll listen to any form of rock or metal, really. I have a preference for heavier rock, like punk and death rock, but I'll listen to any.

My favorite band of all time has to be AFI though, for Davey Havok's lyrical genius and the musical genius of Jade Puget. Not feeling their last album so much though.

• 3 months later...