Who likes Rock Music?

SoulCross

Do I like rock music?

*looks at my list of nearly 500 songs with nothing but rock/J-rock/rap/metal combo'd genres and bands*

Yes.

lol same here

*looks at my list of nearly 9200 songs/800 albums with nothing but rock&metal \m/

Fuck Yeah.

11j206t.jpg

Edited by Lord0Link

• 1 month later...

I like rock, but I'm as mainstream as a a hollywood movie about it, All of the bands I know and listen to, just about every other rock fan knows them as well.Sadly I don't have that one group I listen to that no one else does because they just don't understand how deep these motherf#ckers are..ahem. Except maybe the likes of Tomahawk and all of the projects Mike Patton was involved in, a surprising amount of people seem to not know about him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So who loves Rock music here?

Linkin Park, Lostphophets, Hollywood Undead, Thousand Foot Krutch, Slipknot, Amaranthe, Adelitas Way, Sum41, Simple Plan, Trapt, Stone Sour,etc.... xP

Do I personally like rock. Well that's hard to say. As I saw the administrator say. There are so many types these days, to the point of where it's almost confusing. More titles than you think ;)

Well, Yes, I do like classical rock, hard metal, gothic, alternative, metalcore, and hard rock. Those are among the only classifications I am aware of. I like classical rock bc it is soothing, yet still has driving basslines, and good coriography, and, you can understand what they are say lol.

I like hard metal bc, I like the grundge, and expressions in it. They are very much like everyday life in a song, if you listen closely. I like gothic, bc it highly enchants me. The sound captivates my soul, and makes me feel more energetic, (at times.)

I like alternative bc, it generally has a good sound to it. Like something you might want to mellow out to, or just hang out with friends, or making that trip to work. Or, just 'cuz :P

I like metalcore bc, it has a powerful sound, that makes me feel good in general. I'm not an angry person though. I just enjoy the hard, yet in a certain viewpoint, theatre that is metalcore. I only prefer certain bands in this genre though. As it can get rather dark, and possibly vehement.

Lastly, I enjoy hard rock bc it has a sound that makes me want to get up and have fun, or just mellow. I also enjoy the drawn out guitar strums, I forgot to mention. I also enjoy the fast to meduim pace of metalcore. I also like j-rock/metal. I am fascinated by the unique, and amazing sound of it.

Some of my favorite bands include, but are not limited to: LP, Exist t Trace, shadows fall, Killswltch Engage, chevelle, nickleback, metallica, Dir En Grey, Type O negative, And anime OST.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Do I personally like rock. Well that's hard to say. As I saw the administrator say. There are so many types these days, to the point of where it's almost confusing. More titles than you think ;)

I know what you mean. It may be getting to a point where, rather than liking a genre of music, you like the band or artist that represent a certain sound you enjoy.

Music isn't very genre specific anymore - many elements keep mixing and are something different to what a generic genre classification system would understand.

I do like all types of rock music, but I think I rest more towards metal or something much more heavier - Maiden, Masterplan - with Jorn Lande, Opeth, In Flames, etc.

I could destroy this forum just with a list or music I like - not only rock. I do like my Michael Jackson, Bone Thugs, Pac, Slum Village, etc.

Also a fun site if you want to see a large classification of the music genres with examples can be found here

Thanks for the site. It's quite interesting.

'Hot Adult Contemporary'... what the?

There are a lot of silly naming 'genres' on that.

'intelligent dance music', 'christmas product' haha, not bad actually.

Thanks for the site. It's quite interesting.

'Hot Adult Contemporary'... what the?

There are a lot of silly naming 'genres' on that.

'intelligent dance music', 'christmas product' haha, not bad actually.

I enjoy finding weird sites like this. Some of them are quite catchy, plus its fun to find out what "Vegan straight edge" and other weird genres are like

• 4 years later...