Encoding & Converting

seirachan

Actually I would recommend ConvertXtoDVD. I'm you might of saw me saying some stuff about it on CW forums. Pretty easy to use and nice little software. Sorry for late reply lol joined recently.

Thanks allot for the help I tried it out and it worked like a charm, I did see it on C-W but I thiugh it was someone from this forum asking for the same help so yeah thanks.

When i needed to convert/burn I either used super dvd ripper (its more user-friendly) or Virtualdub(MOD) (more options, but very buggy and confusing at times). But seriously if you want to skip the trouble of having to play around with encoding you can just buy a cable to connect your pc to your television, problem solved.

When i needed to convert/burn I either used super dvd ripper (its more user-friendly) or Virtualdub(MOD) (more options, but very buggy and confusing at times). But seriously if you want to skip the trouble of having to play around with encoding you can just buy a cable to connect your pc to your television, problem solved.

I do have a cable to connect to my TV and thats how I usually watch most of my anime but my little sister likes to use my pc to play games so when she's on it all I have to do is pop the disk into the player and watch.

I do have a cable to connect to my TV and thats how I usually watch most of my anime but my little sister likes to use my pc to play games so when she's on it all I have to do is pop the disk into the player and watch.

Aww that's so cute :P

Well then yeah try VirtualDubMod, i think its the only free program I know that supports mkv extraction but you might have to read up a little or visit a few forums to get that thing working straight, i'll leave you a few links anyway.

http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Why would you go from .mkv to .avi and then re-encode again to DVD? The quality loss.

Oh, and I don't know what you're talking about, .avi definitely can handle 2 audio streams as well as some subtitles..

If you're willing to get your hands a bit dirty, you can use a few tools to get everything encoded separately and then mux it all together using a DVD authoring program like DVDLabPro. It does take a bit of a learning curve (like avisynth), but the results will be better. I think it's worth it :)

• 2 weeks later...
Simple answer would be handbrake, but serious answer would be:

x264

mkvtoolnix

avisynth

neroaacenc

other crap for ocr/disk mounting/etc

making it all automated by writing up a batch

???

profit

I'll agree with (zolockit) for some projects but I'm sure everyone does if differently (based on what they've become accustom to working with) . For myself, I like the "click, drag and your down" approach. So Here are are two ways I attack BluRays.

When starting with an actual RAW blue (ripped thru AnyDVD-HD the files are HUGE and have a dozen audio and video tracks). So here is my process

1) Use BDinfo to show all of the tracks in you BluRay rip (it's only an info tool)

2) Go over to txMuxeR and select you Audio, Video, PSG (subtitle) tracks <do you want to keep a Romanian audio track>. You can also (quickly) down-convert the HD-audio track to an AC3 / DTS track. Then you mux and get your (.ts) file

-----

Ok, now you have a 1080p video with a sampling rate from 16to 30 Kbps with an audio sampling rate @ 640Kbps. The file is 15 to 25 GB large. Now you convert it to either a MP4 or MKV

3) You can now switch over to Handbrake or use a couple of other tools like RipBot264 or XMediaRecode.

Handbrake and RipBot264 (a VERY EASY to use gui front end for AviSynth) both get you to the same place (convert a RAW Bluray down to 720p (if you choose) and bump down the sampling rate on you audio and video tracks). The converter XMediaRecode is what I use to make portable video (it has built in profiles for creating video for all kinds of devices (most cell-phones, Zune, Creative, IPod, PSP, PS3, etc..). It won't do watermarks (like hard-subs) nor handle SRT/SSA subtiles. It only likes vobSUB subtitle formats.

For raw BluRays I don't start with the MKVtoolnix tools because they don't always like TS/M2TS streams. Handbrake won't handle .M2TS BluRay PSG sub-titles (I'm dealing with this issue now on a Thai movis). tSMuxeR was meant to handle BluRay streams. If I'm starting with a simple TS or high bitrate MKV then the MKVtoolnix tools are great.

Th best conversion resource on the planet is vcdhelp.com (links to all the tools and tutorials)

Any Video Converter. Easy, free, and you can also download things straight from Youtube. Has a large variety of choices and you can also convert to just sound.

This.

I've tried several different converters, and AVC is my favorite. I just got Handbrake though, so my preferences may change. Time for some tests...

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys, I'm wandering if there is a proper way in converting DVD ripped files from this website?

Yo see, if I convert a Raw file with subs there is no problems whether I convert it to .avi and .mp4

But if its DVD ripped, my conversion stops at 6MB (depends on the file size) and no errors then message flash completed.

I'm using AVC to convert videos. Any info would be helpful

Thanks

P.S.

What is the meaning of 720p and 60fps that I see on video files?

Maybe try another converter if the one you use is dumb. I cant help too much on this, I normally just use Format Factory to do all my converting. And 720p means that its a 1280 by 720 pixels. Its the resolution of your video and 720p is Blu-ray quality. Also, 60fps means 60 frames per second, so that means that there are 60 different images that it goes through every second in order to make the video look like a video rather than a bunch of random images.