Encoding & Converting

seirachan

• 3 weeks later...

A few things,

neroAAC was good a few years ago. Now, q(t)AAC is better.

EAC3TO can convert DTSHD & THD to FLAC correctly assuming you have FFDSHOWA & ARCSOFT DTS DECODER installed.

About hardware encoders,

On the NVIdia side, they usually can't stand up to the quality produced by good software encoders, but if you use software decoding of H264 or w/e, should be fine

ATI side, there might be a OPENCL based H264 encoder, but haven't done many tests on it, iirc.

And I use MeGUI.

• 2 weeks later...
neroAAC was good a few years ago. Now, q(t)AAC is better.
If you meant like a year ago, sure. But neroAAC is much smaller footprint and does a better job with LC profile these days. And nobody wants to install itunes just to have coreaudio application extensions. BLOAT BLOAT BLOAT.

If you are interested in joining an encoders group, I'm trying to start one up with Kametsu.

I might be interested in joining this on a later date, but I'll have to find the money for a newer computer first.

But neroAAC is much smaller footprint and does a better job with LC profile these days. And nobody wants to install itunes just to have coreaudio application extensions.

You don't need to install itunes anymore, at least I didn't have to. You just have to rip AppleApplicationSupport.msi from the installer and install it. Still has a bigger footprint then neroaac, and from the cmd I haven't noticed any difference between files encoded with either.

As for the op, I agree with what has already been said. Handbrake for the easy way, and the list zolockit gave in his first post for the hard way.

does anyone know where i can download a good psp converter that can convert movies? the converter i use only works for episodes (when i try to convert the cardcaptor sakura dubbed movies to psp, they show up on the psp as unsupported data)

anyone got any converter that will work on movies in converting to psp format?

now for these converters, before i start converting, will it give the the option to toggle subtitles on or off, and change the audio to english (automatically set to japanese when i downloaded the movies) because the movies i want to encode are dual audio, and like i said, they default to japanese.

http://pspvc.nswardh.com/

the PSPVC is made for converting videos to the right PSP format with a resolution of 480x272 and adjusts when converting 480p files. If you're converting a video file that's duel audio this converter will allow you to choose which audio track you want to use by clicking on the film icon to show/hide settings showing audio and video options.

It can also be used to convert video files for the PS Vita by just changing the resolution in video options to 960x544. I'm not sure about the subtitles though since I use a different program to deal with dual audio files before converting them.

now for these converters, before i start converting, will it give the the option to toggle subtitles on or off, and change the audio to english (automatically set to japanese when i downloaded the movies) because the movies i want to encode are dual audio, and like i said, they default to japanese.

You'd probably want to remux the mkv with mkvtoolnix and select only the tracks you want before trying to encode.

• 2 weeks later...