Encoding & Converting

seirachan

What rahpower said...I've been using anydvd converter and it works like a charm...just make sure you change to the ps3 248x400 (don't remember if that's the psp screen ratio) preset and you dont have to worry about not fitting on the screen

It does matter, as I said before the psp's resolution is 480x272 anything less than that well leave black bars on sides or top and bottom. Though it is better then watching for example 480p videos on a psp with the black bars then stretched to fit the screen. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to watch a 480p video on a psp all stretched out.

it won't look good.

It does matter, as I said before the psp's resolution is 480x272 anything less than that well leave black bars on sides or top and bottom. Though it is better then watching for example 480p videos on a psp with the black bars then stretched to fit the screen. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to watch a 480p video on a psp all stretched out.

it won't look good.

actually the psp can play up to 640x480, & it looks great.

you must have the psp and the Vita confused with each other because the psp doesnt support anything over 480x272.

No, my psp go & my psp-3000, both play my music video encodes which are 640x480, though those were done with the PS3's Video Editor & Uploader, downscales any video above 640x480 to 640x480, and only uses PSP-MP4 codecs

No, my psp go & my psp-3000, both play my music video encodes which are 640x480, though those were done with the PS3's Video Editor & Uploader, downscales any video above 640x480 to 640x480, and only uses PSP-MP4 codecs

Yes, the psp can support up to 720x480, (depending on the firmware of the psp) the resolution of a standard DVD-video. But since this is in fact larger then the display of the psp the video is automatically down scaled to fit the 480x272.

obviously mine doesn't support anything above the resolution of 480x272, I have the 1001 version and tried encoding a video with a resolution of 640x480 and it came out as unsupported data in my psp.

I don't know anything about the psp Go though :(

You didn't say what your source is, but this can be done easily with avisynth. You'll also need either MeGUI or x264,mkvtoolnix,and mp4box. You'll need to demux and/or index the video before you encode it. An avisynth script could be as easy as below.

LoadPlugin("x:\path\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("x:\path\source.vid")
Crop(x,x,x,x)
Lanczos4Resize(480,272)
#Spline64Resize(480,272)

You don't need Lanczos4Resize and Spline64Resize, because they both do the same thing. I just included both because they are probably the two best filters you could use for downsizing video in avisynth. The LoadPlugin line is for loading ffms2.dll which is needed for FFVideoSource. You may be able to leave out the LoadPlugin part if you have the ffms2.dll in your avisynth's plugin folder.

This will only re-encode the video, so I would only do this if the video you already have is not compatible with the psp. I'm not sure what settings in x264 the psp is compatible with, so you'll probably need to look that up. If your video is already compatible with the psp. I would demux the file with mkvextract, if it's mkv, and then remux with mp4box. An easier way to do this, if the video is compatible, would be to just use yamb to remux the mkv straight to mp4. Mkvtoolnix, mp4box, and yamb should all give you the abilty to choose what audio and subtitles you keep.

The script isn't complete as it is either. You'll still need to input the correct path for both ffms2.dll and FFVideoSource. Correct parameters for the crop filter will also need to be added.

Anyone know of any easy to use video convertors i can download... Preferably multi conversions at a time?? I was using the Real Player Convertor but now it wants to start charging me for some reason... I'm just trying to get my movies into MP4 format for the iPad...

Thx...

Plus one for FormatFactory: it is a great conversion tool. It's never let me down badly.

But, instead of spending a great deal of time converting all your video to mp4, why don't you download a third party player on your iPad that can handle some common formats like Matroska, etc.

I think that a properly set up MeGUI would probably be the best choice but XviD4PSP is a viable alternative too. Ultimately you'll get better results with programs that give you more control over the process but that leads to additional levels of complication, which makes the process more difficult.

I know mkv is the best video container available but i was wondering if there is anyway to delete extra audio streams from the mkv file without affecting the rest off the file : because format factory fails miserably on 10 bit files and the size becomes even grater than the original file

tsremux does not support mkv output only m2ts are there any similar tools that do these things

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I know mkv is the best video container available but i was wondering if there is anyway to delete extra audio streams from the mkv file without affecting the rest off the file : because format factory fails miserably on 10 bit files and the size becomes even grater than the original file

tsremux does not support mkv output only m2ts are there any similar tools that do these things

a site about encoding anime and not even ne reply

:eyes_droped: sigh :amazed: