Encoding & Converting

seirachan

I know mkv is the best video container available but i was wondering if there is anyway to delete extra audio streams from the mkv file without affecting the rest off the file : because format factory fails miserably on 10 bit files and the size becomes even grater than the original file

tsremux does not support mkv output only m2ts are there any similar tools that do these things

Use a toolkit called MKVmerge GUI. That lets you play with your audio, video, and subtitle tracks.

• 3 weeks later...

For encoding I recommend to use MeGUI or Xvid4PSP.

MeGUI you can encode any video files like MP4, MKV, AVI, and etc. to MKV or MP4. You can update MeGUI to the program directly you don't need to search for the codec.

Xvid4PSP you can encode any video files like MP4, MKV, AVI, and etc. to MP4, MKV, AVI, and etc. and also you can demuxing video files like MKV or you encode to Audio only like AAC, AC-3, MP3, FLAC and etc. but you need to manually update the codec.

____________________________________________________________________________________

If you have a part video like .001, .002, and etc. I recommend you to use HJ-Split you can join a parted files like .001, .002, .003, and etc. and also you can split a large files to .001, .002, and etc.

I read the older topics but it didn't say if the converters let you pick what audio track or subtitles you want. I mostly just need to convert mkv files so I need a program that will let me select what audio track or subtitles I want. If it can convert other files that would be an added bonus.

I really don't wanna use bittorrent to download anything. I can't play any online games if i do use it. It just messes up my internet connection and it has to fix on it's own. But if i really have too I will, just hope it fixes itself in one day.

Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate is what I use alot for converting. Not only can you choose the audio tracks but it will convert just about any format for just about any device into just about any format for just about any device you can think of. You would have to pay or get a cracked version from torrents though.

If you cant select the audio track you want with your current converters then just do this. Get or use MKVExtract and extract the video and all audio tracks from the MKV. Then when thats done mux only the video and audio track that you want into an MKV again with MKVMerge. Then use your converter and it will only have the audio track that you want.

I have always used the combination of MeGui for encoding and MKVmerge GUI with the MKVToolnix stuff to merge and extract things from videos. I am sure there are better programs to use but I am not that skilled in these sort of things and since I have learned basic stuff with these programs I have been satisfied with them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Handbrake

1. Download the following files:

Handbrake

VLC Player(Optional)

2.Install Handbrake, It's your choice if you want to install VLC player. it will allow you to use Handbrake's preview features.

3. Configure Handbrake

4. Load the video and create the psp preset. click start and enjoy.

Vidcoder

Step 1:

Download the following files

PSP Preset (The Settings)

PSP HQ (Better settings a little slower)

PS Vita

PS Vita HD

Don't know what version of vidcoder to get? click spoiler

Vidcoder (The Converter)

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Windows XP may need it to use the converter)

Step 2:

Install Vidcoder, Run it

I would check out this thread, specifically #11-13. You may not be encoding it into a format the vita supports.

As for what tools to use, I would use MeGUI + Avisynth for raw content. It's hard to learn, but it's the best way to de-interlace video.

Handbrake should work fine if it's already been encoded before, or is already progressive. It's alot easier then learning avisynth.

• Like 1