Random Talk.

Talena Mae

Dae314 doesn't use facebook or twitter ._.

But I do go on irc and I haven't heard anything about that there either -_-.

The only network I'm active on is G+ (which isn't a ghost town for my stream since most everyone I know posts only to their circles like I do :P).

I've got Google +, with like 14,000 people or something in my circle. However no one seems to actually use it for anything. It's like a complete dead and buried ghost town. That and I have absolutely no need for what little features it has to offer. Facebook already does everything it does and then some, while seemingly doing it better.

I used G+ mainly for the friend circles feature. In facebook, it took me a good 3 hours to go through all my friends and reorganize the permissions for all of them so that some people could only see certain things (yes I went through and defined friend groups and assigned people to different groups manually so some groups couldn't see my wall, some groups couldn't see my friend list, etc.). I like having that control, and at the time when G+ came out facebook didn't have that kind of fine control set up to be very easy or accessible (heck, most people probably still don't know you can do that). G+ had that feature built in from the start, and I loved it.

However, while dethroning facebook would've been nice, I didn't expect that Google would actually succeed (although I hoped they'd get more than they did but oh well). I did not predict what this article says about it though. However after reading that and looking back at G+, I can see what the author was getting at. Unifying services like that may or may not be a great idea, but I think it's good enough that I wanna go along for the ride. You can see just a little of the preliminary effects of the unification with the speculation in this article.

So while I originally joined G+ due to the additional features it had over facebook at the time of launch, I'm choosing to stick with G+ mainly because I expect Google to unify its products under it which really will be a sight to behold. I am usually pretty impressed with Google's products, and I honestly like what the company does, so getting to watch a massive reorganization from the front row is pretty exciting to me. The social networking features have become just an added convenience for me now as I wait for Google to continue what they seem to be doing with G+.

Youtube is a great place to take advantage of fast download speeds, as well as downloading files such as gaming mods, pics and animes. I know I hate watching low quality vids on youtube so I always like to post the pixels up to 720 or 1080 to get the most out of my watching experience. I have mates who don't care about quality and speed, as long as they get to watch something that is all the matter. Me on the other hand I am all about quality and speed.

Since i saw less of the little video compression blocks on youtube....I can't go back!

Justify your net speed by going to irc and downloading your anime from there :D.

Total n00b for IRC. Don't mind getting into it...any suggestions?

Edited by Emotional Outlet

Thanks....do you guys only use the IRC to download or do you guys have regular chat rooms?

Personally I have not once used the IRC to download, I have gone there too keep up to date when the site goes down and have chats here and there. So it really depends what you want to get out of the IRC is what you will find it great for.