Random Talk.

Talena Mae

The contest thread is now open. Be sure to tell your friends about it :).

Also, I'm still looking for donors. Also, I should add that donating gives you the right to be a judge, but if you are a judge then I must ask that you be at least somewhat timely in giving me your votes. Don't go on a month long vacation right when the contest ends -_-. If you wish to donate, but you don't want to judge then just tell me so I know not to wait for your vote :).

Lets talk about the end of the world when the apocalypse is among us and all seven seals are broken,

Just a quick question. Which seven seals are you talking about? Theres way too much mythology and other fictional fun about the apocalypse. And please dont start talking about breaking seals literally, thats animal cruelty!

@Dae I'll try to get an entry put together. Can it be like mythology? As long as it still has gods and other magic stuffs?

@Dae I'll try to get an entry put together. Can it be like mythology? As long as it still has gods and other magic stuffs?

It's very flexible. The only thing I asked for was a good guy, a bad guy, magic, and I implied that there should be a plot between the good guy and bad guy :P.

Judgmental about the ponies lol?

My fav's Twilight however, Rainbowdash trumps her when she acts sad/shy.

I hate both of those ponies. If they are cooler in the second season, since I am only three episodes in, I will reconsider.

I don't know if I will have time for another writing contest, but I'll see what I can do.

On an unrelated TL;DR note, I am annoyed with my squadron.

After working a full mission Monday night, I decided to stick around Tuesday morning so I can talk to the day people about some paperwork I was supposed to sign right away. Of course, mission ended around 0530, so I had to wait just over two and a half hours before people started to decided to get to work, but the one person I was waiting for never showed up. I was there until after 0900 and she never showed up. Yes, please tell me I need to be there as soon as possible and then not show up yourself.

Apparently it is absurd to think an important person in everyone's chain of command would show up to work like everyone else. And evidently no else one knew why she wasn't there because other people were looking for her as well and were equally dumbfounded.

And they wonder why people on mids hate the day shop. Yeah, I'd love to only work from 0800 to 1500 with an hour and a half lunch in between and time for PT! Except I have to sit on mission and I don't get a lunch break and I have to ask permission to use the toilet when certain people are around and no one cares I am trying to sleep during the day exactly when everyone decides they need to mow all the grass right outside my window. ANGST. ALL THE ANGST.

@EO

Ah the incompetency :P. I hope I never get like that. Also, I never did put a word count limit since I don't want to be strict about it, but I played around and hinted a bit at 1000 words. 1000 words isn't very much. In fact, in writing my own entry for the thing, I got to 800 words with just the intro x_x. I'm currently at 1300 words and still building the action. I'm going to need to do a lot of editing after I finish writing to cut it down (or maybe I just won't make an entry this time and I'll post this story in its full form in the lit area since I'm liking how this story is turning out). It's looking like the final unedited cut of my story will be something like 3000 words -_-. Point is I did this all in... less than 3 hours so doing a much more closely cropped storyline would be easy to do in one break :P.

Point is I did this all in... less than 3 hours so doing a much more closely cropped storyline would be easy to do in one break :P.

The problem is not the word count--the problem is coming with an idea and/or not passing out at my computer. While I enjoy writing garbage that eventually devolves into a string of expletives before I fall asleep with my forehead on the keyboard, I don't quite think that's fairy tale material.

The extent to which I was not functioning cognitively these past few days can be attested to by my coworkers, though my favourite is trying to do laundry and then never moving the clothes from the washer to the dryer because I kept forgetting I even ran the washer. One of my coworkers was talking about some horrible stomachache he had the other day, only to realise he hadn't eaten in over 48 hours. This is a story I hear frequently and have experienced myself.

Sunday was my last night on mids, hopefully forever. I love working for twelve to fourteen hours straight doing nothing but listening to static while functioning on four hours of sleep and never eating. I LOVE THAT SO MUCH.

insane-cat-is-insane-13473.jpg