Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

"Tales of Vesperia". Yesterday evening. Rather good stuff, though far from perfect. I liked animation and characters were somewhat good (blond guy wasn't very my type; twins on other hand were perfect; well, especially I liked that scene with "bigger one"; who watched that will know what I mean.)

What I disliked about this show was story. Well, it was developed in the right way (with some minuses here and there), however... End credits! What was that? Second movie? Well, I know that this movie is based on game and that it is like prequel to game franchise, but still... If you are going to show some cool stuff at the end of the movie, be kind enough and produce second movie, where that "cool" stuff could be shown. Otherwise don't bother. I was like left on cliff, wondering "What's next?" I disliked that.

Just finished Fate/stay night. Here's my stream of consciousness thoughts.

This took forever to watch! Not because I thought it was boring, but I’ve been so busy this semester. So it basically took me all semester to finish this show (longest record I think for non shonen). Anyway. I know this series is very popular and gets better as the adaptions go along. This was supposedly the worst one. I can say without watching the others that it’s not that bad to be honest. A lot of information was thrown out at you. It’s a given because the series started out as a visual novel. By the end though, you should have a basic grasp of everything. One negative could be sometimes they would play the deus ex machina card on situations. With the servants having only like two types of attacks that’s really the only option since they can’t upgrade their attacks. Overall the series met my expectations (which were very low). The sexual tension between Shirou and Lancer was cute, and the ending was bittersweet, but fitting.

YuYu Hakusho - This is the first time I've managed to complete this series. I tried watching it years ago but was never able to finish. It really isn't my style of anime. I don't normally like this kind of series, but something drew me to it. It is a very good series and definitely worth re-watching. My favorite character is Kurama. I love is attitude and how he handles things thru-out the series...plus I love how he looks in his true demon form, Yoko Kurama. I'm very happy to own this series.

The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya. At first i liked the series but grew to just no longer be fond of it. The star Haruhi is not cliche but in my opinion is a fucking selfish, shallow bitch who only cares about her fucked up ways of doing things and using others as just mere tools to get what she wants and if she doesn't get what she wants, she unconsciously threatens to destroy the world with her mind. Ohhh....scary. Then there is the helpless girl called Asahina who only does nothing but whine and cry for the ENTIRE series and has the MOST annoying voice i have ever heard in an anime. Eww. Then Yuki who speaks in a monotone voice with no emotion whatsoever but since the anime distinguishes her as something similar to a robot, she was excused. (Besides Yuki was kinda cool.) Then the 8 episodes that were nothing but repeats really damaged the anime in my opinion so much so that i had to use willpower to finish the anime. I won't bother give this anime a rating out of 10 but will simply say this anime along with Fooly Cooly, Tenjou Tenge are among the worst anime I've ever watched. Had to delete off my hard drive.

Edited by Kyle_Dimetri_09

Oh man... And I liked "TMOHS". Though I must agree with that 8 (there were really so many?) episodes. And I liked especially Yuki. Emotionless beauty. Even Haruhi, which you called "fucking selfish, shallow bitch" was to my liking. Not much, but I could sympathize with her at some degree. And please, don't badmouth Asahina. She's just helpless girl. Like younger sister, who always needs your protection.

Either way my last show:

"Eureka Seven AO". What a disappointment. Such a disgrace to its predecessor. I was so... expecting that. By "expecting" I mean that I knew that it would be bad. And I was right. The only thing that was superior to first season was animation.

Story (1/10). Such bad continuation. Why, oh why creators decided to end first season like that? When "Eureka Seven" ended I thought that Renton and Eureka lived happily ever after (though I must say that it it were me I would have chosen more... clear ending). But no... It seems their lives didn't go very well. That sucks! As fan of first season I was disappointed by that kind of twist of the story. And man... throughout series it was so confusing to understand what was going on. So many characters, so many facts, so many... everything. Too much of material in one place. Travels in time? Travels between different worlds? Someone pretending to be someone else? Spare me!

Characters (4/10). Ao isn't Renton, Naru isn't Eureka. That's that. No appeal to these characters whatsoever. The only good one was Fleur. I liked her. Kinda hoped she would pair up with Ao, but... Either way, she deserved better one.

Animation (10/10). Really the only real plus goes here. Well, HDTV is superior to DVD. Characters design was good, mecha good, scenery good. All details clear. Well, sometimes faces of characters irritated me, but overall animation better compared to "Eureka Seven". Even Eureka looked prettier here than she did in first season. Though that can't be said about Renton. I was kinda shocked when I saw him. That dude got old.

So overall 2/10. Not like I expected more.

Oh man... And I liked "TMOHS". Though I must agree with that 8 (there were really so many?) episodes. And I liked especially Yuki. Emotionless beauty. Even Haruhi, which you called "fucking selfish, shallow bitch" was to my liking. Not much, but I could sympathize with her at some degree. And please, don't badmouth Asahina. She's just helpless girl. Like younger sister, who always needs your protection.

Asahina was soooooooo annoying yow and yes Haruhi is a bitch; a selfish shallow one which reminds me a "daddy's girl" who has to get what she wants or else.....

So much anger... so much hatred... so much (other bad things).

Whatever....

"D.Gray-man" Last of my finished anime. And it was just recently my "current" one. Till I got bored. And that happened after ten or more episodes. This show wasn't for me. At first I thought that it was pretty good. Neither animation, neither characters, neither story was bad, but... Somewhat get bored. So suddenly. I don't know why. I just felt like skipping this show all together. So I did it. Run fast through episodes just to see how story progressed and finished this show in one evening. Well, it's kinda sad as I expected something from this show. Was hoping to stay with it for longer. Oh well... Just not the right one for me. And sad that show with 103 episodes didn't have clear ending. Considering that there is no continuation after that.

Akagi - Another mahjong anime. A little bit more descriptive, but I think I approve of the cute girls of Saki more then Akagi.

I My Me Strawberry Eggs. Similar to Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru. I enjoyed it a lot. The ending leaves me guessing though, which I don't like. Makes me want to re-watch Otome wa now.

Gunparade March

Edited by atreyuavenged

"Fafner". Tv series and the movie.

Well, as in some rare cases in the past, skipped the series, but watched movie.

Tv series were bad: neither animation, neither story, neither characters interested me. Everything was just plain boring. Had to drop it after couple of episodes.

Now movie, in contrary, was very good. So good, as I was surprised by it. Really didn't expect it to be. Animation top notch, story was as well to my liking. Characters... well, good either, though I felt kinda something related to boy love concerning main characters. That was kinda... not so good. Especially that 'hug' scene. It was a little bit too much. I don't mind girls hugging each other in that kind of manner, but males... No, that is no good. Another thing: as I skipped series, there were quite some elements that I really couldn't understand. So that as well kinda was in the way for me to fully enjoy this movie. But overall I liked it. 9/10.

Just finished Hidan no Aria - The ending was obviously set up for a second season. It was nothing but cliff hangers and unanswered questions! So I looked for a season 2 after and found out that season 1 didn't make enough money to fund a second season, ugh. The actual anime wasn't too bad, though not exactly my tastes I still think should/could have made enough money but I guess it doesn't always work out. Maybe a bit TOO shounen-harem but it wasn't too bad. 6.5-7/10 (I think there's an OVA, I might check it out after)

I also recently just finished Puella Magi Madoka Magica - It was good! I really liked the art, and the scenes, and the voices, and the music, and the story line!! Pretty much everything, haha. Maybe it was overhyped for me though, as I was expecting full 10s and 9s accross the board - but it felt more like 8s and 9s, which is by no means a bad score. 8.5/10

My last completed series was B Gata H Kei: Yamada's First Time. (dubbed for me) 10/10

I wasn't expecting to much from the series going in, I was expecting a softcore hentai series (ecchi) basically with the title. I decided to give it a shot anyway. I am so very glad I did. A dirty, perverted, girl who blurts out anything and everything was a nice change of pace for the pervy character. It's setup with laugh after laugh but also has a good romantic story hidden within. I was hooked within minutes of the first episode. Let's just say I never thought I'd be rooting for an anime characters "first time" like this did once I got into it good. At times you'll be calling her a bitch, then she shows a bit of her true self and you'll be yelling at the screen, saying things like "why can't you be like that more!!" (if she was though, the series would only be half as good lol)

I am really hoping the original company that made it gives us the rest of the series. It's been 2 years since it was originally made and the story is left unfinished after 12 gripping episodes. This series has been a first that I'm keeping in a permanent place on my external hard drive. This series is a keeper. I'm now gonna move onto the manga just so I can see how the series ends. I'm not big on manga, but the rest of this story deserves to be seen in my opinion.

The voice casting was chosen well for this as well. So much energy and passion in the acting and you can feel it. It didn't feel forced or fake like some anime will. It felt genuine.

My advice is, if you haven't picked this series up yet, then give it a shot. If you like comedies and/or romantic tales with pervy overtones in it, then you will not be disappointed.

And I kinda though that these series was average at best. Well, I myself didn't like it much. As story seems funny and such, main heroine wasn't my taste. Really, and why everyone thinks (in a anime) that she is top notch? Average school girl, with no exceptional traits. At least if we talk about appearance.

Either way my last: "Manabi Straight!" Cute, but not my type. Cuteness of it wasn't so strong to make me want to watch more than couple of episodes. Characters and animation was as it should be (cute, adorable and nice), but, sadly, story didn't impress me. I got bored by second episode, so just had to give up on this.

Black Lagoon, Fairy Tail OVA 1 and 2, and Black Rock Shooter----LOVE THEM ALL :red_heart:

Fairy Tail OVA 1 and 2 were funny but OVA 1 really had me laughing more.

Black Rock Shooter teaches you that you gotta fight through the pain and hardships that comes with life while helping others along the way

Black Lagoon shows you gotta do what you gotta do in this cruel world

Edited by Kyle_Dimetri_09