Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Deadman Wonderland - Toonami baby! That’s right it came back and this was the first new show they had. I actually thought about giving the sub. a go last year. Glad I didn’t since Toonami picked it up. One thing that bothered me at first was Ganta’s VA, but I got used to it. There were some pretty good fights, and a lot of blood. Overall a pretty good show, but with an ending like that, they definitly need a second season. If one doesn’t come out than I’ll be highly disappointed because of all the holes they left.

Edited by lolrawr

I do agree. That one was really good. Though I watched it subed. And I do agree with lame ending. Can't stand when so many questions are left unanswered.

And as for my lasts additions:

"Gundam Seed". 1/10. Too old. Way too old. Not my style. Animation bad. Fighting scenes lame. Characters less than average. Story... Well, maybe only it was worth something more, but as I skipped theses series after 6 episodes I really can't tell much.

"Demonbane". 2/10. Another bad show in my list. Skipped it entirely. Almost everything here was bad: I didn't like the story, main character wasn't good either, even animation wasn't very "bright". The only good thing that I can recall about it was:

FwkN1.jpg

She was nice. I liked her. Well, at least how she looked. Really couldn't grasp her personality as I didn't watch theses series as I should. Either way. Too old series to enjoy.

Edited by dudefromLT

Cat Planet Cuties 8/10

I thought it was a very cute anime, especially with all of the fan service. Nice touch. The one thing that bothered me was that the storyline wasnt very big. Most of it was just fun wacky episodes with no real plot. There was a love interest but I am getting a little tired of everyone going after one guy. Over all pretty fun if you like ecchi anime with a huge comedy twist.

Usagi Drop - This was a lovely anime. In a world filled with drama, it’s nice to actually see a heartwarming tale of a person (note not father lol) raising a child. For such a short anime, they did a reall good job at keeping the anime enduring, and nothing was really rushed (looking at you Angel Beats!). I really liked the relationship that Rin and Kawachi had with Kouki and Yukari. Like always I wanted something to happen with either the kids or the adults!!! Also another plus was the art. It was really unique and definitly fit the mood with childish colors and such. Only downside I see is I would have liked to have seen Rin and her mother make amends, but it’s alright.

Cat Planet Cuties 8/10

I thought it was a very cute anime, especially with all of the fan service. Nice touch. The one thing that bothered me was that the storyline wasnt very big. Most of it was just fun wacky episodes with no real plot. There was a love interest but I am getting a little tired of everyone going after one guy. Over all pretty fun if you like ecchi anime with a huge comedy twist.

I didn't think much of this Anime myself until they sang that song. That made it a keeper.

"Tsuritama". Not bad show, but nothing very spectacular. Kinda boring with all that fishing stuff, but kinda decent with story.

Animation (9/10). Overall good, though sometimes face expressions of main character were too... "hard" on me.

Characters (10/10). Good. Nothing more to say.

Story (6/10). Main minus - fishing. It isn't something that I like. Too boring. And main character could have been accompanied by pretty girl or something. The story itself was rather good, though (as mentioned earlier) fishing theme didn't interest me.

So overall something like 7/10.

Last addition to my long list of shows I watched:

"Recorder to Randoseru" All 28 episodes (counting and specials). Really very good. Finished in one evening. Well, like it would be possible otherwise. Episodes only three minutes long. Well, that really and was the only minus I could find. Way to short. At least 10 minutes, but no... Such good series, in such short format. Oh well. My rate is 9/10. Good animation, nice story (like there was one; well, scenes were good;), good characters. Will definitely "burn" it to DVD.

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom

A very suspenseful story line involving powerful characters and organizations duking it out in the criminal underworld. The fight scenes were epic and the plot got quite emotional. The only complaint I have is the ending which made me go WTF WAS THAT! I still thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who likes a good action anime.

7/10 slices of cake

Back to watching anime...

Sadly, but all of my choices during week were... bad:

Otoboku; Katte ni Kaizou; Ponyo; Rocket Girls; Shadow Star Narutaru

Won't talk about them much (my rate would be 1/10 for all of them) as all of these shows were dropped. Well, maybe only the main reasons why they were dropped:

Otoboku [story]

Katte ni Kaizou [story]

Ponyo [animation]

Rocket Girls [story]

Shadow Star Narutaru [animation]

So that's that. My week was... not so good regarding watching shows. Maybe I will be more lucky next week, well, days ahead to be precise.

Duarara. Damn the story of the anime was superb and greatly complimented by every single character. What i love abut this anime is how almost all characters life and actions somehow has a ripple effect on the other characters in a twisted way which gives the anime a fresh, non cliche, one of a kind story line that unravels BEAUTIFULLY in just 24 episodes that even a die hard shounen anime fan can enjoy the series. A bit of everything in this anime from mystery to fairy tales, from love to hatred, from trying to change one's self for the better to reverting back to the dark side, from mentally "weird" to physically "weird" to even WTF?!?! moments and etc. Definitely recommend this series to to everyone as it gets a 9.8/10 for me.

Edited by Kyle_Dimetri_09

Bunch of shows again:

Mahou Sensei Negima OVAs and movie: 3/10. Dunno, but I kinda disliked it. Didn't feel that shiver (if you could call it like that) which was felt watching TV series. I liked animation (and in OVAs and in movie), the same goes for chat=characters, but story... It fu**** up everything. No real continuation with series, skipped many details (like in movie; some chapters from manga was showed in splash seconds and then main story progressed). Well, "confusing" is easiest way to put it. I disliked it. Sadly, but it really disappointed me.

Showa Monogatari: 4/10. Nothing good. main minus goes for... Hell knows what. It was just boring. At first I kinda liked it, but after second episodes I was forcing myself to watch it. Well, my "will to force myself" disappeared after third episode, so didn't continue any further. Animation wasn't impressive either, though characters kind good. But sadly not my cup of tea.

Neon Genesis Evangelion movies. Man, oh man. What can I say. I was DISAPPOINTED. Much. I kinda knew that it was like recap of series, so I was not expecting something new, something unseen, but still. First movie was skipped entirely. No disappointment here as I knew that it was a TOTAL recap of some part of series, with just improved visuals. What saddened me the most was the second one. I kinda expected it to be more... original, and not going the same way as series did. First minutes of it was like: "Oh fuck! That is so cool!" But then I was like:"Oh fuck! That is so... boring!" We have the same storyline, with just same changes and one new (very hot) character, and, of course cool visuals. But that's that. Nothing more. And ending... I knew that it will be with cliffhanger, so I didn't care much, but... Same old shitty story with GOD, angels and philosophical nonsense continues. For some reason I have no doubts that we will see the same BAD ending in finale like was with TV series. So only 6/10. I rate it high enough mainly for visuals and cool new chick:

SBdwa.jpg