Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

I finished several today so here goes:

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo: A slice-of-life anime. An incredibly emotional roller coaster. Too bad that Sorata acted like a jackass throughout the whole series but he managed to redeem himself in the final episodes. Nanami, such a pessimistic whiner, but again she learns not to give up and so on and so forth...Ryuunosuke....oh don't get me started on this guy. Such a badass AND he lands the English beauty with melons so big that it might just cure his Gynophobia just by looking at them for 7 seconds....if only he did look at them....anyway, those two will definitely end up together....

Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?: F*ck this title and f*ck Diomedea for making it ONLY 10 EPISODES. Seriously, the plot is great, and the characters are funny and awesome. It has potential for more seasons.

Seitokai no Ichizon: I picked this one up last week during Spring Break. I was pleasantly surprised. It has its funny scenes but it also goes into the dark past of some of the characters and how they managed to move on. A good pick. I recommend it.

and finally.....

Senran Kagura: BOOBS.......SO MANY TITLERS!!! Besides the interesting plot of Light vs. Dark, this show is full of so much fanservice that it may be possible to get a nosebleed just by hearing the name. Seriously, dem chicks are sporting massive, solid spheres of epic softness SO LARGE that they might just make Jessica Rabbit's knockers look like little marbles in comparison....well, maybe not like that but you get my point. Bottom line is, this is an anime where a good story goes great with visual excitement.....the ending practically SCREAMS SECOND SEASON!!

Edited by Seraph

Up to Stage 4 on Initial D. Quite amusing to see the characters and art style, etc to get better as I progress through the series.

Wangan Midnight - I must say I liked this more then Initial D so far. Anime had a more eerie feeling at the start, like something out of a Stephen King novel.

Gakuen Alice - Had potential, but I didn't dig it as much as I thought I would. Thought it needed to be a darker tone, then it probably would've been more enjoyable.

Some new shows since my last visit here:

Good one - "Robotic;Notes". Everything, except last episodes, of it was marvelous. I enjoyed it very much. Animation, story, characters - everything was just top notch (yet again, except last episodes). Sadly, but for some reason towards the end story become... not very good. Though it wasn't bad, but for some reason the ending (though it was happy one) wasn't as I hoped it to be. Story just went downhill a little bit. Despite that I can give this show full 10 points. By the way Frau Koujiro was the best character in this show. Such a... fox (hardly could call a cute). And the way she talks... Arrows to my heart. I just loved her.
Bad one - "Psycho-Pass". Can't say much about this one. Skipped after eight or so episodes. Expected to be better. Main reason for disliking it was story. At first seemed not bad, but all that "detective", "investigation" stuff started to irritate me. Despite animation being good and not bad characters, I just couldn't keep myself with this show for longer. So 3/10 at best.

"Maoyuu Maou Yuusha". So so... Animation good, characters not bad either (reminded me of "Spice and Wolf" for some reason), just story wasn't the one I could enjoy. Watched with skipping here and there, but was able to finish it. 6/10 maybe. Well, what I expected was more of the comedy rather than seriousness. Sadly, it was lacking comedy elements. Well, at least I think so.

"Ixion Saga DT" Not good... Sadly, but majority of scenes in this show had to skip. As comedy it was somewhat good, though I still didn't enjoy it much as I hoped at first. First part (5 - 10 or so episodes) was rather enjoyable, but later it started to get boring. So boring that all other episodes watched like in one hour or so. As I said before there were funny moments, just that later on they started to irritate me. I could give big plus for characters, they were amazing, story sadly didn't met my expectations. Animation good enough. So overall something like 4/10.

"Zetsuen no Tempest". 10/10. Nothing more, nothing less. This show was good... Sorry, I meant VERY GOOD. And that's that. Remembering all episodes (didn't skip a single one; didn't even skipped minutes;) that I seen I can't find a single bad thing. Animation good, story good (somewhat confusing at the times with all that "tree" stuff, but later everything was clear), characters marvelous. I was truly happy, that saw it. And the best part - ENDING. One of those rare shows that can brag about it. One of better endings I have seen (regarding serious anime shows). Well, strong tragedy elements (death there and here) made me said (especially death of Aika; well it is known that she is dead from first episode so it's not like a spoiler), but despite that I enjoyed this show to the fullest. Well spend four evenings of mine.

EDIT v1: "Minami-ke Tadaima". Very, very good show. As I remember, all seasons of it were great. This season wasn't exception. Random life with no main storyline of three sisters. Very good. Easy going, funny show that made my evenings brighter than they truly were. 10/10. Characters wonderful, animation very good (must say best of all seasons), story... well as random as it could be. Liked it.

Edited by dudefromLT

• 2 weeks later...

"Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo". So so. At first seemed really good, but sadly the further it went, the worse it get. Well, it wasn't so bad, but skipped a lot in this show. After ten episodes or so it started to become really "not my type". Main reason was seriousness of this show. Expected more of comedy type (well it was comedy), but when drama took over had to give up. It just wasn't what I expected. So 5/10.

Last finished so so show: "Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru". Nice animation, good characters, boring story. One of those many that will be forgotten quite fast. Maybe 6/10 or even less. Hoped for better one.

And last finished masterpiece: "Evangelion '3.33 You Can (Not) Redo'". Now this was something marvelous. So dark, so serious, so... confusing. Well, as Evangelion and should be.
-- Animation top notch. I was just fascinated how cool it looked. Perfect!
-- Characters... well no minuses here as well. They all had their own reasonings and they all were interesting in their own way. Sadly though, that not all of them had enough screen time (wanted to see more of Asuka (her new look was... good; I liked it) and Mari (sexy as always); sometimes felt that they were like secondary characters).
-- Story... Confusing as hell, but it was to be expected. So just turned of my thinking and reasoning ares of my brain and enjoyed this movie to the fullest. Despite liking "dark" atmosphere of this one, was saddened that there really weren't any funny moments. And I was so disappointed that couldn't see more interactions between Shinji, Asuka and Rei. It felt so... unfinished, so... Dunno how to express myself. Not enough warm human interaction maybe. At times seemed like this movie was created to f***** u* Shinjis brain. Felt sad for him. No friends, no comrades and everybody were using him like some kind of tool. Even Misato who was so close to him (at least in TV series) and Asuka who was like big sister (lover or whatever) acted so cold towards him. At some point I really couldn't distinguish between good guys and bad ones and wished that Shinji went crazy and killed them all and be done with it.

Despite some negative things in storyline I can give this one BIG 10. Though at first didn't expected much of the third one I was just fascinated how good it was.

Bunch of dropped shows recently: "Tamako Market", "Kotoura", "Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?", "Hells", "Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas" and some other that names I can't remember. Can't say much about either of them. They were just boring / lame / stupid for one or another reason. One good thing about all this batch though: more space in my HDD. Sadly, don't have anything to put in that "free" space.

School Days

Before I watched the anime I thought it was going to be your typical school days romance anime... But after watching it I can say it is far from that, I don't think I have watched an anime that I have been taken on such an emotional roller coaster and the ending just throw you all over the place.

Caution Major Story Spoilers!!!!

In the first few episodes you get the sense of innocent romance and a nice story. As the episodes pass the main male character turns from your nice guy to a fool who just wants to sleep with girls and doesn't really care for their feelings. I am the type of person who likes a good romance but only when the main isn't cheating on every girl he sleeps with. In the end though he snaps out of his harem ways and tries to revert back to the good old days with the first girl he liked.

I found the murder scenes at the end of the anime quite full on, not what I was expecting but hey I guess thats one of the perks of watching an anime, their is a story for everything

I give this anime a 7/10, it was good but not great. If you like happy ending romances or just a happy ending story then do not watch this anime, this anime is for those who have open minds and can take a beating story wise.

"Shinsekai Yori" Wonderfull show. Time just flew by watching it. Really was surprised how good it was. Wasn't expecting that. Very, very good story (except that "boys love" part; "shocked" me a little bit; could have been avoided), very good characters, though animation was kinda low level. Sometimes felt like in some episodes it downgraded even more. So shame on animators. Could have done better. Overall very good series despite already mentioned couple of minuses.

P.S. For some reason felt so sad that

Maria and Mamoru didn't end happily. Though it is more or less known how they could have died, but I hoped that it would have been explained more detailed in last episodes. Sadly that it didn't happen.

Another strange thing:

Started hating Squeara after some time (well, didn't like him much from the first time when saw him). Especially during the end (knowing what he has done) but... In the last episode really felt sad for him as well. Well, he was fighting for his kind and punishment he got was harsh. So was kinda happy what Saki did with him in the last minutes of last episode.

Edited by dudefromLT

Steins;Gate 10/10

So far one of the best anime that i have watched, the series begins with a light atmosfere between the characters, very funny some of the scenes and for the middle the the plot thickens and by the end of the whole thing was nice wrap up, the series leave me a really good feeling and im very excited for the movie!