Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Just finished Dragonaut The Resonance. Great anime series + thumps up on the OVA. Made me laugh so hard. 10/10.

I finished ~Elfen Lied~ it was really good but at the end of the anime....it should be more better......don't you agree? xD

It did end, leaving some questions unanswered. But overall the anime show was good.

Finished Revival of Evangelion last night. Here are my stream of consciousness thoughts. I noticed that I'm a bit negative here. Sorry about that. :P

Ok... So yeah. Uh huh. Yup. Alright. Evangelion: the true ending. I finally saw the series the way the creator wanted me to. How do I feel? Well I don't really feel at all. Let me explain. I can usually sympathize with someone for awhile, but after a short time it starts to annoy me if they don't change. The characters in this anime follow that suit. Everyone is scared of being alone, does not want to die (oh let's repeat saying you don't want to die a million times why don't you Asuka), etc... After awhile I was just like shut up. Death is not that bad (coming from someone who does not fear death). Seriously. Alright then, moving forward. I thought most of it was done well until the "vultures" started eating. After that the movie just went into psychological mode like the main series before it. Once again you get exposed to so much navel-gazing and psychobabble that you just get tired of it. Lastly it doesn't even end that well. There are many plot holes, and the creator was vague on how we should interpret the series (I feel if I have to look up "theories" on how an anime ended, then the series has truly failed). No, this anime is not deep, and it's not clever, but still it is one of the most prolific anime's of the 90's and one should still see it if one's a true anime fan.

Finished Samurai 7 on Toonami.  Here are my stream of consciousness thoughts.

I must say for an anime with such a low budget, Samurai 7 was quite good. The story starts out with them gathering the 7 samurai. This was a little boring and tedious. The anime, though, started to get better once the first fight for Kanna happened, and from there the interest level was maintained. By the end you became attached to some of the characters and even might become a little sad when some of them die. Now two things that stand out are the following. First the physics and such are so unrealistic lol. Some small little samurai can take out dozens of huge mechs. Also the explosions were in CGI so it looked really bad when put over the 2D background. This was due in part because this anime was very low budget. Again though, they did well with what money they did have. I might even dare to say this anime could be a little underrated too.

"Baka and Test" Second season. Good as and first one. I liked it. 10/10. Well, there can't be said much as everything was as I expected it to be. Funny, funny and funny. I wasn't disappointed. Oh, yes, maybe less drama towards the end could have been avoided, but thats fine. A little bit of romance wasn't so bad.Nazo no Kanojo

I finished one yesterday and one this morning so...

Sora no Otoshimono Forte

Hehe... I can easily say that I liked this as much as the first season. That is to say, it was quite awesome. Not much I really can say though.

Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart

Well, what can I say... I heard the sequels to Pretty Cure stuff were weaker, and I have to agree on that. I wasn't bored of the episodic/repetitiveness of the original, but this was stale for a large chunk of the middle. It got better around the end, and episodes 45 and 46 really show you the shounen-like action that Pretty Cure is known for. But it ultimately didn't matter, because Magical Girl series are all about those finishing moves.

"Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse". At first though it gonna be a crap. First couple of episodes and was, but... after third everything seemed much better. Was able to watch till 10 or so episode without skipping much. Sadly, that was the farthest I was able to go. My intuition about this show being bad was right. Those couple of good (averagely good) episodes really couldn't make me to stay with this show till the end. Can't really say what I disliked, it just got boring. Well, the one good thing (really very good) was chicks in it. They were just gorgeous (man, I say that all the time, but whatever; can't be helped if it is true). So 1/10 this time. And again... a show without proper ending. It's getting old.

Hourou Musuko - Had real trouble guessing which characters were Male or Female in the beginning, but this one was really good, IMO.

Kamisama Dolls - I liked this one as well. :)

Toward the Terra - Little too much sadness for my liking. Could've went for a more happier ending...and what was with that ending we did get. Had to read up on it right quick just to try and make sense of it.

Most recently = Steins;Gate

First off, this is probably my favorite anime of all time, If I could give it an 11, I would.

It's an emotional roller coaster that had me laughing my ass off in early episodes and ballin' my eyes out near the middle.
The ending was great and it all came full circle, leaving most of the plot holes filled.

I would recommend this Anime to everyone I meet, certainly one of the best out there!