Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

So just finished watching Casshern Sins on Toonami. Here are my stream of consciousness thoughts.

Well first off this anime is not for people with a short attention span. This anime is long and drawn out. I say this anime is best for people who want to chill and relax. If you can accept that, then maybe you can accept Casshern Sins. The art style was very unique I must say. It had an old school vibe to it with HD graphics. It starts off with single 25 minute episode stories that don’t really add to the story, just to the feeling and mood of the series. Things really don’t start to pick up until they meet Luna and that’s when it starts to get good. Overall the anime was alright. They left a lot unanswered at the end (probably hoping they get enough money for a second season). If you plan to watch just make sure you’re ready for a chillaxed time.

Tekkaman Blade II.

It was a bit more scandalous then the first series (I watched the English Dub "Teknoman" version) but I think a huge upgrade. The first series was made in 1992 before all the great animation and sound affects.

(Off Topic note: If tekkaman blade was made the same year as Tekkaman Blade II then I would Have loved it. It was just a little old for its own good but since it was the very first anime I ever saw I had to watch it all when I finally remember what it was called ^^)

Overall a great series and very interesting story line with great character clashes, Loved it.

I wish they had made more but there are plenty of new anime to love and favorite.

Edited by animelover111

My last week was bad. Very bad. Nothing good to watch. All shows that I encountered were impossible to watch for one or another reason: "Rinne no Lagrange" (besides animation there wasn't anything worth my time), "Campione!" (Why Japanese try to mix some foreign mythical stuff, with their own? It is just... not right! Cliché series, with the only good thing: Erica Blandelli - she was hot!) and bunch of other shows which name I even can't recall. It is really bad. Well, I just hope that current airing shows will be much better.

EDIT v1: "Minami-ke Omatase" OVA and "Upotte!!" OVA. Well, something random, but rather good. Nothing spectacular, but quite watchable. Neither one of these OVAs were different to it's predecessors (TV series) regarding animation, characters, but... No true story, just random happenings. Kinda sad. Well, it was good as I didn't expect much, but rather than OVAs I would like to see more like entire season of these shows. But whatever... I didn't regret spending 40 minutes of my evening watching these.

Edited by dudefromLT

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Took a while to get used to the slightly different character art. Seemed to have a quicker pace and a more appealing ending. The music selection wasn't as good i think. Better then the first series by a hair though.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica - Quite difference from the bit of Tokyo Mew Mew, Cardcaptor Sakura and Sailor Moon I've sampled before. Definitely more mature then it may seem.

Full Moon wo Sagashite - Was alright, it was borderline too feminine for me, but the romance kept me watching.

Ga-Rei-Zero: I would have to say this was a awesome anime, it got my attention from episode one and kept a good strong story all the way through to the end, The soundtarck if awesome and the opening and ending vids are something far beyond artwork. I would reccommend anyone would like high action animes and does not mind bloody violence to give this one a go. It got 9/10 in my books.

Weeks of cleaning. Sad... During this time many shows disappeared from my HDD. So sad. At least more space for other stuff.

Well, only one of deleted shows was a little bit... not so bad as all other. And it was "Eureka Seven" movie "Good night, sleep tight, young lovers". Well, it was more memorable than the others, because it was the last one to be deleted :). The good thing what I can say about this movie was animation. And it was HD. Everything else... Not worth mentioning. And that is kinda strange as I liked "Eureka 7" Tv series. It was superb. But I couldn't stand this movie. I wonder why? Well, maybe it was like a recap, though with totally different plot, different characters interactions and so on. But nonetheless, I disliked it.

koi to senkyo to chocolate.

so-so. coz i hate the heroine.

I kinda though she was nice. I liked her, though the show was average at best.

And my past couple of days were not so good for watching/dropping/skipping anime. But somewhat managed to watch/skip one. It was "Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!!". Well, didn't expect anything from it and my expectations were met. The only thing that attracted my attention was sexy main characters of this show. Everything else was of a low quality. Neither story, neither animation, neither anything else was worth spending with this show for more than half an hour for all episodes. But funny thing really... I still archived it in blank DVD. What's up with that? 2/10 from me.