Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-hen

It turned out as just a very, very boring remake of possibly one of the best arcs from the manga. The artwork, while more detailed than earlier adaptations, was a little too different, giving the characters more of a Studio Ghibli look (this was especially evident with Misao's design).

The story was completely stripped off it's light hearted moments, giving it an unnecessarily gloomy atmosphere.

Also, the new dub cast felt out of place, with Kenshin sounding far older than he ought to, so I'd recommend the subbed version for this one.

One good thing about it was the soundtrack, which at least fit the mood of the OVAs very nicely.

Edited by Shima_XIX

"Kokoro Connect". I liked this show. Well, it wasn't something marvelous or anything like that, but it was good enough to spend some time on it. Animation good (reminded me of "K-On!"), characters not bad either (though disliked blond guy; for some reason he pissed me off; though when "returned" to his younger days I started to like him), story too serious. Well, as animation resembled funny stuff like "K-On!" it was hard to adjust to seriousness that was shown in this show. Too much emotions, too much worries and so on. Wanted it to be more fun than it was. A little bit more easy going. But despite that it was rather O.K.

Oh yeah.

Kingdom

I must admit, the cg was really bad at first, and a 50 minute first episode didn't help much either, but it became respectable with a pretty good story as it went on, and the cg got at least less noticeably bad. I'm gonna be as honest as I can here, I just can't wait for the second season in summer, I hope it doesn't downgrade to how bad the beginning was.

Rather rich past week I must say. Some bad, some average, some good shows. So let's review:

"Busou Shinki". Bad show. Disliked it. Rather good animation, very cute tiny characters, but sadly too predictable and too boring story line. So boring, that had to quit after couple of episodes. Hoped for something better.

"Kyouso Giga 2". Average show. l liked most part of it. Sadly too short, sadly quality wasn't good and sadly story seemed... not consistent. Well, characters and animation was just the way I like it, but regarding story line it really was just random episodes taken from daily live of main heroine. And short for that matter. But I still liked it. Would be a very good long lasting show. But as it was so short the best I could give to it would be 7/10.

"Hellsing" OVAs. Now that was something good. Not perfect and not very good, but good. Stunning animation, wonderful characters (BIG PLUS for English dub; it was perfect) and quite good story. I liked it. Sadly I must point out couple of minuses:
1) Last two episodes had to watch in Japanese. That was a shock. English cast was so so much more fitting, but sadly couldn't wait for hell knows how long for last two episodes to come out in English.
2) Expected a little bit better of this show. It was good, but expected it to be perfect, considering that it took 6 (I think; if believe "wikipedia") years to finish it.
3) Random "funny" moments, where characters were drawn in comical way was BAD. VERY BAD. What a hell was that. Those "intersections" or whatever were totally out of place. What purpose they served in first place. I just had to skip all of them.
Despite that I enjoyed this show.

"Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki". Now that was something remarkable. I was really touched by this one. Such a beautiful, beautiful (yes, I wrote it two times) story. Very good movie. Though it was lacking in animation part (it wasn't bad, but sometimes design of characters didn't suit my taste) it was more than better in story and characters section. And what a beautiful ending. I enjoyed it as well. Well, it wasn't as you could call very happy one, but rather realistic. I was happy how it ended. So 10/10 for this one.

Finished Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranaion. Here are my stream of consciousness thoughts.

AnoHana like Usagi Drop, did a good job as an under 25 episode series. It was touching and relatable, and it somewhat reminded me a little of 5 Centimeters Per Second. It had that nostalgic feel to it too (Nokemon ftw). I feel like something like this could have happened to me if I lived in the same place my entire life. One thing that was odd though were the characters. It’s hard to explain, but their interactions were weird. Yukiatsu and Tsuruko were the biggest offenders. They’d say something really rude or offensive, and later the whole group would be together all ok. Like I said it’s hard to explain, you will have to watch it I guess. Oh and I feel the series had a lot of crying (which is important at the end now that I think about it). I don’t know if it was overdone or not because I don’t really cry so that’s up for discussion. All in all it had a fitting ending, and I felt satisfied with the romantic relationships at the end (Unlike Toradora! lol).

A lot of dropped shows and some good ones. Won't mention those bad, but put couple of words about good (or not so bad) ones:

"A Letter to Momo" 7/10. Not bad. Nice story, though animation was kinda "old school". Characters so so, but didn't annoy me. Skipped here and there, but overall was satisfied with how it progresses and ended.
"Arata naru Sekai". The better one. Sadly too short. Liked animation, story, characters. All atmosphere of it was my taste. Though I was confused how it ended. Really couldn't understand ending of it whatsoever. Too confusing. This show could have a full Tv season or movie at least. 8/10
"Nekomonogatari Black" Dunno what to say about this one. If it were stand alone it would have been good, but... "Bakemonogatari" was superb, sadly but continuations and other OVAs (or whatever) isn't the same. I just couldn't feel that joy watching it, compared to joy which I had watching first season. But nonetheless it was rather good (or not so bad; less than average maybe). Skipped here and there, but managed to watch all of it. Let's say 6.5 of 10. Animation as always superb, characters as well, just story got boring, that's all.