Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Last one was Witch Hunter Robin. I thought it gonna be a little better. Maybe because I expect a little more action and i got boret sometimes watching it. What was weird, STN­‑J squad didn't know at beginning craft users are witches also and later they were suprised Robin is one of them? But maybe it was bad translation, dont know :P.

"Avatar: Legend of Korra" Quite good show. Well, much better than I have expected. Some minor minuses, but overall enjoyable show. At some point even better that its predecessor. Well, animation was good as it could be. HD way better compared to simple DVDRips. Animation really improved over "Avatar". 10/10 for it. Story... Well, original story was kinda more... to my heart. This one... Well, it wasn't bad, but was lacking something. Can't say for sure what that "something" is. So maybe 7/10. Characters: not bad. Not original "Avatar" gang, but quite likable. Especially Korra. I liked her. At first she wasn't very my type, but in the end, I kinda change my mind about her. Though, she still isn't the most sexiest character in cartoons, but at least I wouldn't mind her as my girlfriend :). Of course I just couldn't notice some minuses regarding main heroine. Despite me liking her, she still is too boyish. And seeing her in romantic scenes (and the last one including) is just... not very realistic. Well, at least for me. She is better when kicking asses. By the way, one interesting thing regarding other character:

Scene with Amon fleeing with his brother on the boat. And that part when tear goes down his cheek before boat explodes... At that time I felt so sorry for those two. I wonder why...

Either way 7/10 for characters. Original "Avatar" was more... "colorful".

So overall good show. I enjoyed it. Well, when more episodes will show up I will gladly grab them, though it isn't something that I anticipate very much. Just to spend my evenings on something.

fleeing

"Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!" Wonderful show. So light, so heart warming. I liked it. Well, it wasn't perfect, but almost like that.

Animation (10/10). What can I say. Somewhat art style reminded me of "K-On!". The design of characters was very good. All of them looked lovely (this is about girls by the way).

Story (9/10). Good, but there was some moments that I disliked. Maybe parts were things got serious too much. I liked funny side of it, but when things got serious, I just felt a little bit... uneasy.

Characters (10/10). What can be said about it? They were good. Sadly though, what I wanted was some kind of love triangle. Well, it was good how it ended, though I think it would have been not bad to have third person somewhere around the corner.

So in conclusion my "judgment": 9.5 or somewhere around that. Second season would be great, though it is clear that that won't be happening.

Finally completed "Sword Art Online". Very good show. Indeed it was like that. Had some slight minuses, but despite that one of better shows I have seen.

Animation. Well 10/10. Nothing could be added. Liked characters design, how environment looked. No irritating CG visuals. So everything O.K. in here.

Story. Well, good. With some slight minuses. First of the minuses would be this show fast paste. Everything that happened, happened too fast. Fight scenes not so detailed, large gaps between events, not much explanation how, when or what happened. Either story should have been shortened, either more episodes could have been produced. Other slight minus goes for creating "family" environment between Asuna and Kirito. Well, I think that stuff could have be avoided. Don't feel any chemistry between those two. And it felt so... unreal, when they started playing family. Would have been preferred more harem style script, rather than "family". But let it be 9/10.

Characters. 10/10. Can't say anything bad about them. Main leads were perfect (if we won't count that "love" story around them). What would have been even better, that secondary ones could have been shown more frequently. Well, I talk about one episode girls that is :). Wanted to see more of them.

So overall 9.7/10. More shows like that!

P.S. During this show one particular episode left mark in my head. It was episode three.

When Kirito joined "Moonlit Black Cats". So sad that all they died. Especially Sachi. I felt so sad because of that. She would have been much better for Kirito, than Asuna.

Woooooo!!! Managed to watch some anime before 2012 ended! I watched the 3 OVA's for TWGOK.

Here are my stream of consciousness thoughts:

Yonin to Idol: Ah it felt great to get back into TWGOK before S3. I somehow missed this OVA so I definitely wanted to see it before S3 came out. The major thing that stood out in this OVA was the references to K-ON! I loved it! That right there made the whole episode since K-ON! is one of my top animes. The OVA did feel a little crammed given that it was only one episode. They focused on everything except the band, but that’s alright. There were a lot of hints to the future though. Can the girls remember what happened when they were mastered? I guess I’ll find out some day. Overall I enjoyed this little OVA.

Tenri Arc: Ah yes my final anime of 2012. This Tenri arc was lovely. It’s been forever since I’ve seen TWGOK and it just took minutes to be back in the swing of things. For so much content, they did a good job of pacing and fitting everything into two episodes. Once again they left us with more questions like who is Diana, what is she, and why did she do what she did? More things to be excited about in the future I suppose. All I have to say though is that I am definitely pumped and ready for TWGOK S3.

Watched Nekomonogatri: Kuro yesterday. Here are my thoughts.

Contrary to popular opinion, I actually think the Monogatari series is getting better as it goes on. So far Neko > Nise > Bake in order of preference. Neko felt like one big movie to me, and this was probably a good thing for two reasons. Long dialogue was always a pain in Bake, but since it was like I was only watching this in one setting, it was very bearable. This led to my second reason, which is that it allowed it to have good pacing unlike with Nise where things were strung out too much. So yeah, I really liked Neko. I hope future Monogatari novels are put together the same way.

Re-watched Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex ---still love this anime

Deadman Wonderland---man this anime is so gruesome but still liked it, hope they make a season 2

Ouran High School Host Club---truly an awesome anime, liked the ending

Needless--didn't like it that much especially many of the characters' voice and the awful art style, i mean really even cyborg 009's art work is way better than this anime and other flaws i don't really feel like mentioning but still i'd give it a 6/10 since the story picked up pretty well but ended pretty flat

Edited by Kyle_Dimetri_09