Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

During last week my attention was focused on "Nazo no Kanojo X" and second season of xxxHolic and its OVAs: xxxHolic Kei, Shunmuki, Ro and Ro Adayume. So what can I say about it?

"Nazo no Kanojo X" Very, very good show. Nice animation, good story, lovable characters. I liked almost everything about it.

animation (10/10); good design of characters, though sometimes it reminded me of "old school" stuff, which generally I try to avoid; but this time it was O.K.

story (10/10); can't say much here; I liked it; though ending could have been more complete (not like it was bad, but wanted a bit more), like showing

direct kiss or something

chracaters (10/10); now they were great, especially Mikoto Urabe and especially when got this haircut

hj27Zl.jpg

she looked way too cute; sadly only for on episode.

So overall I would rate theses series 10/10. Marvelous!

"xxxHolic" secnd season and OVAs. Nice show. Not as good as first season, but good nonetheless. As well as second season OVAs were good too.

animation (7/10); the same as in first season; kinda rough and not very pleasant to my eyes; too long legs and hands; but didn't bothered me too much;

story (8/10); either it was me, either I thought that it was darker compared to first season; especially "Ro" and "Ro Adayume"; I kinda disliked where it went:

Yuuko diead and Watanuki took her place as shop "whatever" and now he isn't able to leave it

it was just too sad; despite that I liked how the story progressed; other slight minus goes for interactions between other anime (Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE); it seemed kinda awkward;

characters (10/10); and who could argue about that; they all were great.

So overall I could give it 9/10. Slightly minus on animation side and ending (though big minus on that one), but everything else was very good.

Edited by dudefromLT

Last anime I finished was Ghost Hunt. It was very entertaining and it could get very intense! Nice thing about it was that it could appeal to both genders, there was not a single fan service shot which greatly surprised me, it also was a nice perspective on hunting ghost combining tons of different methods from computers to ancient rituals. I'd highly recommend to anyone who likes supernatural stories, but be warned, there isn't much action (it's very character-driven) and sometimes the animation can be weak, not to mention the opening and ending songs are rather boring.

I...just...watched...K-On!...the Movie!!! Here are my stream of consciousness thoughts!

Wow. 7 excrusiating months later and bam K-On! the Movie. It was almost sureal seeing the people that were in one of my earliest sub'd, but first slice-of-life, animes appear again. Sometimes I think movies can be really long and that's why I like to watch episodes, but this movie flew by. It's really hard to explain why I liked this so much. I laughed I cried (actually that's a lie) it was all so sublime. Now two things did bother me though, nothing big. The UK voice actors!!! Yes I was glad they hirred some foreign VA's, but they sounded like robots lol. Also what? Does everyone outside of Japan have blue eyes or something? Weird steryotpe to go by, but whatever. Summing up this movie was awesome. The greatness makes me wish for a S3, and if that's not possibles then at least some OVA's. I know the manga ended, but I don't want this to end with this movie! We need a university arc!

xxxHolic First season:

I really enjoyed watching it. It was funny and interesting, and I thought that the voices really matched the characters. The one thing I was kind of hoping for in the series was a cross over with Tsubasa. Oh well. I am kind of sad though that the rest of the series isn't dubbed... =(

xxxHolic First season:

I really enjoyed watching it. It was funny and interesting, and I thought that the voices really matched the characters. The one thing I was kind of hoping for in the series was a cross over with Tsubasa. Oh well. I am kind of sad though that the rest of the series isn't dubbed... =(

First season was good, I agree with that. Though I wasn't so sad that series wasn't dubed. I watched it subed and it was O.K. Well, O.K. for some part, as and second season, and OVAs weren't as great as first season. It was good, but not so good as it's predecessor. Either way...

My recent entry to my "Last finished...':

"Haiyore! Nyaruko-san" HDTVRip in 1280x720, subed by Underwater, rori. Not bad. Not very logical, but that the way comedies must be. I liked it much at first but after fourth or so episode it started to go down. Well, it wasn't like "Oh man it is total crap", but my interest was reduced in half by the end of these series:

animation (10/10): very good; one minus: Hastur (Hasuta Yasaka); s***, he's a guy, A GUY! Could you have guessed that?

jj0Nzl.jpg

And why animators try so hard to remove boundaries between female and male?

story (4/10): at first it was O.K., but later is started to get boring; no really good story, cliché events and such; nothing that could be worth mentioning; well, there were bunch of funny moments, but they still were lacking something;

characters (6/10): not very interesting except for one - Nyarlathotep (the best one and funniest I have ever seen); sadly but main one kinda sucked (sexy girl wants him (already mentioned above) [who cares that she isn't human] and he refuses her! What an idiot!);

So overall something like 5/10. Very strong one of the main characters (Nyarlathotep), but everything else not good. Neither bad, but was expecting far more that what I got.

Edited by dudefromLT

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt

The only anime I've watched that has no serious plot, ridiculous characters put in absurd situations, an ecchi overtone that would put HOTD to shame, and an ending that would troll you harder than the trololo guy himself. In other words... it was frig'n awesome!

• Like 1

Asa Made Jugyou Chu!

Well, it's an OVA.

This is a NSFW OVA, it's pratically bordering on Hentai.

I give it a 9/10. Pretty funny, lots of ecchi, an imagined sex scene is added for spicyness. It loses 1 point on plot. It kind of threw me all over, but then I read the manga and understood a bit more.

I recommend it!!