Jump to content
Koby

What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Recommended Posts

I've been extremely non-committal with most games since beating Kero Blaster and System Shock a couple of weeks ago. System Shock is way too forward thinking to be a game from 1994 but anyways, I've put Tales of Berseria on hold for a while and for now seem to be going between Sonic Mania Plus and Yakuza 0 in my non-anime free time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Through February I'll still be playing through The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 [PC].

tfFWQHi.jpg?1

In between that I'll probably jump on Resident Evil 2 (Remake) [PS4].

H2bjgVt.png?1

Didn't finish DmC [PC] yet, but it's going to be on hold for a while since these are higher priority to me.

I want to also eventually get to the side-games of Kingdom Hearts that I have left before I move on to KH3... and then there is Dragon Quest XI I've yet to get to as well..

And then there is the Trails in the Sky trilogy and the Crossbell saga of "Legend of Heroes" to get to at some point this year, lol. So yeah a big backlog.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ANOTHER EDEN The Cat Beyond Space & Time. (At first, I thought it's like another jrpgs where u have to spend a lot of time or lot of money to clear the game but I was wrong. This game is really amazing including the graphics, characters & their controlls plus a very interesting plot. I recommend this to everyone one on Kamunity who likes android games to play this. You guys won't be disappointed).

 

Honkai Impact 3rd.

 

WitchSprings 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2019 at 6:48 AM, Koby said:

In between that I'll probably jump on Resident Evil 2 (Remake) [PS4].

H2bjgVt.png?1

Didn't finish DmC [PC] yet, but it's going to be on hold for a while since these are higher priority to me.

I want to also eventually get to the side-games of Kingdom Hearts that I have left before I move on to KH3... and then there is Dragon Quest XI I've yet to get to as well..

And then there is the Trails in the Sky trilogy and the Crossbell saga of "Legend of Heroes" to get to at some point this year, lol. So yeah a big backlog.

 

I have finished Leon's story part. Presently, Claire's is on-going. I must say this remake did justice to its original game. The best part is the Tyrant (many call him Mr. X). All in all, I'm very much enjoying this game a lot.

 

 

Gonna try a speedrun if my memory keeps up along Mr. X chasing me. lol The nightmare it delivers is pretty overwhelming. I started playing this remake with headset both ears covered and then I realised my mistake and now I'm currently playing with one ear uncovered. 

Edited by LighteningOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PS4 L.A. Noire is finished to my liking. Now my PS4 gets a break. Probably a good thing since I seem to have been playing PS4 games non-stop recently. 😅

 

Either way... my adventure has begun in Alola once again.

 

I am now playing Pokemon Ultra Sun. 😮

 

 

Edited by CardGames
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AC: Rouge Remastered (PS4):
It's probably my favorite AC game, given that it's set in AC3's map with AC4's gameplay.
XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2019 at 6:44 PM, Koby said:

Adalee has started playing Spyro Reignited Trilogy on PS4.

 

59tqKDz.jpg

 

@Kid Boruto

Good game I'm sure she'll have fun playing it.

 

As for me, I recently beat Kingdom Hearts 3 story wise, what an ending o.o.

 

Currently playing through Devil May Cry 1 for the first time, planning to beat DMC 1-4 in preparation for DMC 5, which is coming out in March last I checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kid Boruto said:

Good game I'm sure she'll have fun playing it.

 

As for me, I recently beat Kingdom Hearts 3 story wise, what an ending o.o.

 

Currently playing through Devil May Cry 1 for the first time, planning to beat DMC 1-4 in preparation for DMC 5, which is coming out in March last I checked.

What did you think of KH3? I've never played any of them but I have a friend who's a huge nut and the most I got out of him after he finished was he "liked it"

 

I'm currently doing something similar with DMC. In December I decided to tackle DMC4 as I bought it on PS4 when it released but got stuck on a particular boss and could never finish it so I grabbed the SE on Steam. I played through it 3 times, once with Vergil/Dante, then Lady/Trish and a final run through with Vergil. I loved it. Aside from the fact that it feels like an unfinished game where you play through to the halfway point then backtrack the rest of the game. The combat is amazing and the best the series ever has had. I then played through Bayonetta 2 which honestly plays so much better combat wise than any DMC game before it, perfecting the formula. Then I played the much maligned DmC reboot, the story is complete trash and I ended up skipping over half of the terrible cut scenes, the combat was pretty good and I had fun fighting the enemies and bosses. This week I finally went back to DMC3, which I played a little in college when it came out but didn't have time to dedicate to videogames so I never finished it. I think I was stuck on Beowulf when I stopped playing. Well this weekend I cruised through most of the game, beat Beowulf first try which felt good (redemption) and I'm almost done, on mission 18 at the moment. I won't go back to DMC2 anytime soon, that game is truly one of the worst sequels ever. It's so boring and bland, seems to miss the mark on everything that made the original great. I would like to go back to DMC1 eventually but that won't happen before 5 comes out. I am so excited for part 5. The demo felt great and I'm really interested in trying out V and playing with Nero's devil breakers. I have a feeling we are going to get the best game in the series with part 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, splintersan said:

What did you think of KH3? I've never played any of them but I have a friend who's a huge nut and the most I got out of him after he finished was he "liked it"

 

I'm currently doing something similar with DMC. In December I decided to tackle DMC4 as I bought it on PS4 when it released but got stuck on a particular boss and could never finish it so I grabbed the SE on Steam. I played through it 3 times, once with Vergil/Dante, then Lady/Trish and a final run through with Vergil. I loved it. Aside from the fact that it feels like an unfinished game where you play through to the halfway point then backtrack the rest of the game. The combat is amazing and the best the series ever has had. I then played through Bayonetta 2 which honestly plays so much better combat wise than any DMC game before it, perfecting the formula. Then I played the much maligned DmC reboot, the story is complete trash and I ended up skipping over half of the terrible cut scenes, the combat was pretty good and I had fun fighting the enemies and bosses. This week I finally went back to DMC3, which I played a little in college when it came out but didn't have time to dedicate to videogames so I never finished it. I think I was stuck on Beowulf when I stopped playing. Well this weekend I cruised through most of the game, beat Beowulf first try which felt good (redemption) and I'm almost done, on mission 18 at the moment. I won't go back to DMC2 anytime soon, that game is truly one of the worst sequels ever. It's so boring and bland, seems to miss the mark on everything that made the original great. I would like to go back to DMC1 eventually but that won't happen before 5 comes out. I am so excited for part 5. The demo felt great and I'm really interested in trying out V and playing with Nero's devil breakers. I have a feeling we are going to get the best game in the series with part 5. 

Every review I've seen of KH3 has been negative. There are of course some people like Kid Boruto that said it was fun to play. However there seems to be far more people that seem to almost universally hate it, citing that almost 80% of the game is pointless filler and all the plot progression happens in the last few hours and is little more than just setup for a potential KH4. Apparently aside from Organization 13 members randomly showing up on Disney Worlds for no reason, the Disney Worlds feel completely excluded from the rest of the game plot-wise and are off in left field rather than mixed into the game... and they feel like little more than rewatching their respective movies. What story is there is just as convoluted as it's always been, but this time around just feels like a shell of it's former self, without the heart and soul that made people enjoy it. Of course this is just my impression from reading comments, reviews, and watching youtube videos... it's not my own personal experience. Haven't played it myself just yet as I've yet to buy the game, but the reviews certainly haven't helped in making me want to run out and buy it ASAP. I'll wait till the price drops some.

 

As for DMC. The story line is a bit out of order in comparison to the numbers. For example the timeline is like 3 -> 1 -> 4 -> 2. No one is sure if 5 is set before or after 2 yet. Honestly 3 was probably my favorite, while 2 was my least favorite. However of those, 4 was the only one I ended up never completing. I grew bored with it, stopped playing, and then my game collection was stolen way back then and I didn't rebuy it until recently. I now own 1-4 & DmC on Steam, but I'm finally slowly playing through DmC for the first time. I really enjoy the combat even if the story is set on it's own timeline and changes things up needlessly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently harnessing the unparalleled power of my PC to render, in perfect fidelity...the first couple of Suikodens. Some day I'll manage to make it 3 months without falling back on a Gen-5 or lower JRPG that I've already run into the ground. Some day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, elb0ne said:

Currently harnessing the unparalleled power of my PC to render, in perfect fidelity...the first couple of Suikodens. Some day I'll manage to make it 3 months without falling back on a Gen-5 or lower JRPG that I've already run into the ground. Some day...

Always wanted to play some of the other Suikoden's but other games always seem to take priority away from going back to them. The only one I've played completely to this day was Suikoden 4, which apparently some people claim is the weakest link in the series, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Suikoden II, the game that I wish I never sold. I didn't even finish it before I sold it. So many great PS1 games lost to trade ins and reselling. It is on my list of games to play, I just need to find the time for an RPG of that length. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...