What Games Are You Currently Playing?

Koby

Well... I finished Final Fantasy Type 0 HD. I also got the Platinum trophy for it. I have no idea how I missed this game still. I really don't. I just don't get it. Obviously it doesn't matter now but still.

GOOD GOD. THIS GAME. ALL OF IT. JUST ALL OF IT.

Great story, great characters, great gameplay, great battle system, great music, EVERYTHING in this game was just AMAZING. It's pretty much instantly become the favorite to win GOTY 2020 for me.

I'm sad to see it go honestly. But go it shall...

Well... it's finally time everyone. Lots of negativity about it. But I will finally be playing it for myself, and making my own decisions about it. I have finally started playing Pokemon Sword for myself.

I'm not against trying a Raid but I need to get a good-ish team first and get them to decent levels first obviously. But I'll see what I can do if anyone wants to do one with me. lol

Team as of this post: Shinra the Scorbunny and Crow the Rookidee.

Edited by CardGames

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be completely honest... that didn't take as long as I was kind of hoping/thinking it would. Oh well I guess.

I finished Pokemon Sword & Isle of Armor to my liking. As far as my thoughts about it... well... pretty much the exact opposite of everyone else clearly. 9/10 the whiny baby complaints were utter BS nonsense. Was the story bad? Sure I guess. Though, IMO, it got DAMN good around endgame. Did some backgrounds and environments have PS2 like graphics? Yes. BUT EVERYTHING ELSE LOOKED AMAZING. Allow me to quote someone on GameFAQs I used to know that applies to this game as well. 'Story doesn't matter. Gameplay does' which pretty much describes Pokemon Sword/Shield TO A T. This was the most fun I've had playing a Pokemon game since probably X/Y. Much better than Alola/Gen 7 that it really wasn't even close for me at all.

But what the hell do I know? 🙄

Regardless I've started playing my first 'Tales of' game in OVER A DECADE. Tales of Berseria is first. I've got quite a few of those to play after recommendations got me back into this series. The last one I played was the Tales of Symphonia sequel that everyone hated (except me. AGAIN.) So am I worried? A little I guess. All I can do is try my best I suppose. 3 hours in... and GOOD GOD. THIS GAME. HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS ONE EITHER?!

It's just so damn good so far. I had trouble getting myself to stop playing it so I could go to bed. lol. HELP. I'M ENJOYING BEING A VILLAIN. 😈

Tlt6mMw.jpg?1

Started playing Daymare 1998 (PC) the other day.

If you haven't heard of Daymare 1998, it's a game that started out as a fan-made Resident Evil 2 Remake, but at some point in development Capcom contacted them and told them to stop as they would be doing an official Remake of the game. They also brought most of the devs into their company to give them a tour and other things. Was pretty neat. So rather than scrap all the work they'd done, they repurposed it into Daymare 1998, which pays a lot of homage to the Resident Evil franchise in many many ways. So if you like Resident Evil, it's worth checking out.

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing Marvel's Avengers last weekend and was planning to resume playing that today...however now that I know it's getting a PS5 upgrade this November, I shall hold off and wait.

In the meantime, I think I shall resume my playthrough of Life is Strange 2...or maybe start an older game in my backlog, unsure.

• 1 month later...

After I finished Tales of Berseria I stalled with Crown Tundra DLC from Pokemon Sword because I was worried by being worn out on the 'Tales of' series with another one being next. It only took me about 3 days to do everything in it that I wanted to do.

Admittedly though... Max Lair is as addicting as Among Us so I might still do that every once in awhile. If you want to do that with me badly enough... contact me either on the forums or Discord so we can set something up. I'm not against it even though I'm not the biggest fan of it either.

Either way I literally had nothing else better to do so I have officially started playing Tales of Zestiria. I was only able to play it for an hour though. I've heard this game is... bad. To put it nicely. But I tend to love the games that most others hate so I'm not all that worried. We'll see either way.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well... I finished Tales of Zestiria and it's DLC last night. The regular enemies in the final DLC dungeon started getting overly ridiculous and I just wanted to finish the DLC/game in general so it got to the point where I just tried to get to the end and only fought when I had to.

So... this game...

Most people hate it for whatever reason. Or from what I've seen anyway. After completing it........... I still don't understand or get it. At all. I really don't. 🙄

Is it the best game? No. But no game is. Is it as good as Berseria? No. But Berseria appears to be top of the list for most peoples 'Best Tales of' game so comparing it to it is unfair IMO. Does it have bad camera angles during battles at the worst possible time? Yes. Is the difficulty overly ridiculous sometimes? Yes. Especially during the final main game boss and the final dungeon in the DLC.

However... is it as bad as people claim and state that it is? No. Absolutely not. It isn't. HELL NO. NOT AT ALL. 😑

I really enjoyed my experience with this game for the most part. I just didn't see the problems that apparently everyone else says they did. The characters were great. The skits were hilarious at times just like in Berseria. The plot was pretty decent overall too. It got even better near the end of the game just like it did with Berseria.

So I don't see the problem with it. I really don't. AT ALL. But this is coming from someone who loves what appears to be all of the games that most other people hate. So what the hell do I know? I guess? 🙄

But whatever. The one thing that's become abundantly clear to me is that people complain about way to much when it comes to video games anymore. 😒

Anyway I'm done. Rant over. TL;DR... Tales of Zestiria isn't as bad as people state and claim that it is IMO.

I'll probably start playing World of Final Fantasy tonight assuming I have nothing else better to do. It's literally Video Game Fusion between Pokemon and Final Fantasy. YES PLEASE. 😍

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finished World of Final Fantasy (Maxima) Tuesday night finally. With both endings. Honestly... I really loved that game. It was just tons of fun and all of the Final Fantasy crossovers just made it even better for me. Plus the fact that it was pretty much a video game fusion between Pokemon and Final Fantasy was just great. The final bosses (including True Ending versions) were probably the easiest final bosses I've fought since Persona 5. It was a good 'pretty much a break game' for me after all of the frustrations and difficulty I endured in Tales of Zestiria.

Anyway next up I'm tackling from my backlog, which I started last night, is Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered. Although I can't say all that much yet... it's very pretty. Graphically I mean. Even the anime cutscenes look very crisp as well as Ghibli-esque but I knew that going into it. Pretty fun so far but I've barely started.

• 3 weeks later...

Since my last post I finished off both DQ2 and TitS FC. Rather than focus solely on FF6, I've decided to put it on hold in order to try to achieve my goal of completing TitS SC before the end of February... so that's what I'm playing now.

IDMyRtk.jpg?1

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...