Where were you on 9-11?

RikuoAmero

Agreed. People, please don't hate on Dahlia. Yes, it does sound offensive to some, but he's free to care or not care. And yes, number of posts doesn't mean anything.

I like that. Freedom for everyone. As to where I was, I was in 3rd grade at the time. The teachers all turned on their T.V's, and I watched as the 1st tower fell......I didn't understand at the time what was going on.......so many lives lost, and I didn't give a damn?? Thinking about it now makes me feel like a jerk, but I was young so it's understandable but I really regret it.......my condolences go to the families who lost their relatives.....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was producing a scenario and you are right it is completely different but the concept is what i am trying to get at. What i mean is that neither technically are related to your everyday life. However i don't believe that there is a limited amount of care, that is like actually saying you can measure it, which is like saying that we can see atoms...

• 2 weeks later...

When the attack happened I was at home, in my parent's basement to be more precise. I know that is supposed to be a place to joke about people living... but I was 9, and it was cooler there than the rest of the house... So that is where I wanted my room.

When I heard about it. I was confused, because I did not understand why anyone would want to hurt that many people. Then I started reading about senseless wars and crusades, and I realized that they don't need a reason to want to hurt that many people, or even more people.

It did not impact me as much as if I had known someone who was there... So now, because it is my girlfriend's birthday. I ignore the news and all of the "REMEMBER IT!" signs, and it will be a happy day for me.

I was in college and found out when our chemistry lecturer told us. We didn't really believe him as he was always a joker! When I got home a couple of hours later I turned on the TV and watched the aftermath for a while.

like a couple of other have said here, at the time most of use were about 18 and far too macho to be upset by it.

It was more interesting than upsetting. Made riveting tv.

I felt bad that our country used those deaths to justify things they were already planning to do, and a little sorry for those who lost family and friends. But honestly? I think they shouldn't be making as big a deal about it as they do every single year. We fucked up and got attacked. People died, ten years years ago. It's more than time to move on.

As for where I was. I was reading a book in my room. Big shock right? I didn't know about it until I got to school and more than half of the people were not there. People used the attacks as an excuse to say they were too afraid to go to school so they could go party instead.

Me and my friend had just walked over to the high school for our choir lesson. We walked into the room and noticed that the TV was on, which was normal, and the news was showing these two buildings. I had never seen them before, but one of them was on fire. Usually our choir director would go over and turn off the TV or lead us into the other room, but this time she didn't, so we just sat down and started watching. The next thing we knew a second plane crashed into the second tower. I don't remember what went through my head, but I probably thought it was a movie or something. For the next half hour we just sat there and watched as smoke poured form the buildings and the first tower fell. When it was time to go and our director apologized to us about not getting to our lesson. The two of us talked about it on the way to our next class, where the teacher also had a TV on. He's the one that finally told us what was going on. Later on in class we found out that the second tower also fell. Every after school event was canceled with the exception of Football seeing that wasn't run by the school. Everyone was ticked off seeing our first volleyball game was that night, but looking back we were kind of ignorant about what had just happened. I kind of feel stupid about being mad about a volleyball game with everything that had happened that day. I was in 6th grade that year.

I was in school, my teacher announced it, we moved on with class, went home, my mom was freaking out. I asked her what was wrong. She explained it. I said; "Oh That". My mom flipped out because I was being uncaring an insensitive. I was nine.

Anyway, I do think it was a tragedy that we shouldn't forget, but seriously? Why? Every...Year...Why? It's sad, but you don't see us celebrating the anniversaries of Pearl Harbor? Why don't we celebrate the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina? Because we suck it up, and move on with our lives as best as we can.

• 3 weeks later...
I felt bad that our country used those deaths to justify things they were already planning to do, and a little sorry for those who lost family and friends. But honestly? I think they shouldn't be making as big a deal about it as they do every single year. We fucked up and got attacked. People died, ten years years ago. It's more than time to move on.

As for where I was. I was reading a book in my room. Big shock right? I didn't know about it until I got to school and more than half of the people were not there. People used the attacks as an excuse to say they were too afraid to go to school so they could go party instead.

couldnt agree more mute. The simple fact that the US has used the 9/11 attacks to justify their misguided attempt of dominance is disgusting... despite the loss of (i read an article stating that 4000 people die in african civil wars every day and they suck it up and move the f**k on) life and those hideous buildings (a bit redundant now, but i never liked the design...>.<)

what im trying to get at is yes people died, but people die every day. I truly couldnt care much about someone i dont know, or have never seen. although i can understand the emotions behind people's suffering it is unnecesary...want to honour the dead? Pull you f**king troops out of foreign conflicts and stop using 9/11 as a fricking meat shield for yer self misplaced importance.

as too where i was, i was in my kitchen watchin my mother break her heart cause her birthday had been ruined by a bunch of terrorists, and the loss of life obviously...cared about that cause its relevant but otherwise...meh

• 3 weeks later...

I was 13 and in 7th grade(middle school), and was missing school that day because i was sick. My dad was driving me to the doctors when we heard over the radio what was happening. We actually heard it as breaking nes just as it was happening. I was in complete shock and glued to the radio in the doctors office. The staff at the hospital, my dad, and all the other patients and parents were all glued to that radio. I remember people crying and looks of shock and horror. I was in the doctors office when the first tower went down. I swear everything went silent. Then people tarted screaming. It was terrible.

If I can remember correctly I was in elementary school and the teacher said something about it but I didn't actually get some kinda grasp on it till I went home and saw it on the TV. Of course my mom told me more about it later when she got home. It made it so I was even more afraid of going on airplanes. .-.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Sweden, and I remember waking up and turning on the TV that morning. It was all over the news, but I didn't care all that much, because I didn't realize the magnitude of it. Neither did my parents. At first we were all just: "Oh, there's been a plane accident in New York, that's horrible. Hey, do you want sunny side eggs or not?" Something like that. But as the day went on and the news kept coming and coming, we slowly realized that this is big, this is horrible and this will probably change the world. It was a strange feeling.