Where were you on 9-11?

RikuoAmero

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it so hard to believe that someone who was not directly affected simply wouldn't care about it as much? I'm so sorry. I guess I have no heart, I must as evil as the terrorist themselves.

You're absolutely right. However, that's not the case so I don't.

Just respect the dead and all is well. It's been several years there is always a time to move on no matter how harsh it may seem. The US would state it always remember who died that day and here we will become stronger to ensure this will never happen again. There is no way to travel back into the past to change this events but we can prevent them from happening again.

But Black you are being a little rude, having only 15 posts you haven't been here very long.

Id advise you there is a line and some of the things you've said may be hurtful to others, If you don't have anything nice to say it's best not to say anything at all.

Just respect the dead and all is well. It's been several years there is always a time to move on no matter how harsh it may seem. The US would state it always remember who died that day and here we will become stronger to ensure this will never happen again. There is no way to travel back into the past to change this events but we can prevent them from happening again.

But Black you are being a little rude, having only 15 posts you haven't been here very long.

Id advise you there is a line and some of the things you've said may be hurtful to others, If you don't have anything nice to say it's best not to say anything at all.

I don't see what my post count or the time I've been here has to do with anything. I've been here since April, I've made 16 posts since then. Regardless of all this, I understand perfectly well that some people can be offended or disagree with the things I say. Whether I have been here for a day or a decade doesn't change this.

Nevertheless, I feel that in an open discussion, such as this, I am entitled to state my own view on the matter so I gave mine. Now I could sit here and write eighteen and a half paragraphs to back up my views, but why not just simplify it and say what I mean? I don't think I am disrespecting the dead by saying I don't care about an event that hasn't directly affected me.

But if it makes everyone happy, I'll apologize.

I'm sorry if what I said offended anyone.

I'm sorry that my views suck and yours are so much better.

I'm also sorry that I only have 16 posts lol

Stop being so mean to Dahlia. It's true not everyone in the world would be caring to those who passed away on 9-11. Not everyone cares about everyone. It's their right to do so and people shouldn't fault one another for their beliefs or tell them their views suck, or even that post count reflects whether they can say hurtful things or not.

Stop being so mean to Dahlia. It's true not everyone in the world would be caring to those who passed away on 9-11. Not everyone cares about everyone. It's their right to do so and people shouldn't fault one another for their beliefs or tell them their views suck, or even that post count reflects whether they can say hurtful things or not.

Agreed. People, please don't hate on Dahlia. Yes, it does sound offensive to some, but he's free to care or not care. And yes, number of posts doesn't mean anything.

Yes, thank you. Finally someone who actually understand that not everyone cares.

Be nice and respect people's opinions.

It's not so much what Dahlia said, but more like how he worded it. And also, I thought the smiley face was unnecesarry. That's like saying, "I don't care about the Holucost, and never will. :)" See, the way that was worded offends me (or rather, people like me).

That said, yes, I do know not everyone was affected by 9-11, and everyone does have a right to there own opinions. But in that sense, the Holocaust didn't directly effect me, but I still care about it.

Anywho, that's why I said it was harsh. I didn't mean for people to jump his case. It's not like he said "Go, Terrorists! Kill them Mofos!!!!" Also, post count has nothing to do with someone's opinion. Soooo, I'm not sure why that was said. If I said something and Koby said something, our opinions would still wiegh the same, regardless of post countage. (Is that a word, countage?)

Yes, thank you. Finally someone who actually understand that not everyone cares.

Be nice and respect people's opinions.

Kinda hard to be nice to people who more or less say they don't give a F*ck about the gruesome deaths of innocent people don't ya think? Especially since in a way, they are the ones who should tried to "be nice" in the first place. but meh, what am I complaining about, not like it's my country, it just seems rather unfortunate that it takes nothing short of a personal tragedy for someone to actually care about others these days.

It's not so much what Dahlia said, but more like how he worded it. And also, I thought the smiley face was unnecesarry. That's like saying, "I don't care about the Holucost, and never will. :)" See, the way that was worded offends me (or rather, people like me).

That said, yes, I do know not everyone was affected by 9-11, and everyone does have a right to there own opinions. But in that sense, the Holocaust didn't directly effect me, but I still care about it.

Anywho, that's why I said it was harsh. I didn't mean for people to jump his case. It's not like he said "Go, Terrorists! Kill them Mofos!!!!" Also, post count has nothing to do with someone's opinion. Soooo, I'm not sure why that was said. If I said something and Koby said something, our opinions would still wiegh the same, regardless of post countage. (Is that a word, countage?)

I love reading your posts.

I was a kid in school they didn't say much about it throughout the day. As far as not caring i don't consider it rude but more along the lines of selfish. If you are so caught up with whats around you how do you come to care for other people? Your opinion is your own but the issue i see with it is kind of like, say a kid runs out into traffic in front of you and gets hit and killed by a car before your eyes, do you not care then? The situation changes but not the concept. Just because the said "kid" or the actual attack was not directly related to you, you would still care less about it? I dont care much for the anniversary ceremonies though, i feel in away it helps us to remember but i also think it stirs hate once again. That is just my opinion though.

Lol it's alright. As I said, I know people can get butthurt or disagree with me. It's not a big issue. I don't really feel the need to censor myself but I also have no problem with people criticizing me.

But that smiley face is what makes me.. well, me :)

So I take it you're not interested in my view on the Holocaust? lol The Holocaust was far, far worse than 9/11 though. There really is no comparison.

If you are so caught up with whats around you how do you come to care for other people?

Of course I care about people, I just don't care for those who died on 9/11. Don't get me wrong, to be in that situation must have sucked, but I can't really care for a name. I don't see how anyone can. I used to have a friend named Joey who died of a heart attack a few years ago. Do you care about him? Didn't think so. And if for some odd reason, you do happen to care.. well, you're caring about someone I just made up. Wasted care.. There's a limited amount of care.. Don't waste your care..

Your opinion is your own but the issue i see with it is kind of like, say a kid runs out into traffic in front of you and gets hit and killed by a car before your eyes, do you not care then?

They're completely different scenarios. To see someone die in front of you doesn't compare to hearing of people dying from a terrorist attack.

Lol it's alright. As I said, I know people can get butthurt or disagree with me. It's not a big issue. I don't really feel the need to censor myself but I also have no problem with people criticizing me.

But that smiley face is what makes me.. well, me :)

So I take it you're not interested in my view on the Holocaust? lol The Holocaust was far, far worse than 9/11 though. There really is no comparison.

Of course I care about people, I just don't care for those who died on 9/11. Don't get me wrong, to be in that situation must have sucked, but I can't really care for a name. I don't see how anyone can. I used to have a friend named Joey who died of a heart attack a few years ago. Do you care about him? Didn't think so. And if for some odd reason, you do happen to care.. well, you're caring about someone I just made up. Wasted care.. There's a limited amount of care.. Don't waste your care..

They're completely different scenarios. To see someone die in front of you doesn't compare to hearing of people dying from a terrorist attack.

will said my man. its just a name. if it was bill gates though. then i would care.