Where were you on 9-11?

RikuoAmero

9-11 is one of those dates where you can always remember where you were.

For myself, I was but a first year in secondary school (high school to yanks) and was in a classroom, when one of the teachers, Brother Fred, came in to talk to my teacher, bawling his eyes out. I was a bit unnerved, but thought nothing of it. I got home, turned on the news, and just sat in front of the TV for hours, watching this non-stop news report.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was walking into the living room to find my mother sobbing at the news. I thought she was watching an action movie and was stupid enough to say, "It's okay, mummy. It isn't real. It's only a movie". Then she told me it was footage from what had happened. Twas the day after her birthday so she never forgets.

I remember I was in my first grade classroom. We were learning about gravity when the PA System told all the teachers to turn the TV to channel... I wanna say four. We watched the footage, but being so young (I was six then) I didn't quite understand what was happening. It really wasn't until my mom explained it to later that day that I understood exactly what happened. I mean, six year olds don't generally understand concepts like terrorism and suicide missions. I don't think I ever will forget it, because my friend's cousin was in the North Tower when it hit, and she died that day.

^Yeah, like Honey there. I was in a 2nd Grade Classroom when the PA System went off and told the teachers to switch to whatever channel. The PA System was usually never used, so it had to be important, and We RARELY used the T.V. so it was something either REALLY Important, or Really Special. Needless to say I was clueless as to what was going on until a few days later when things were really starting to make sense piecing together.

I've personally not been directly affected, but I've been indirectly affected as a result of all of it.

I also find it sad... that when people think 9/11, they usually don't think about the Pentagon, or the other hijacked planes that luckily didn't hit any structures to further cause destruction and loss of life. They just think of the towers.

I was ten years old at the time, so I was at school. My mom picked me up early in the day, because it was my grandmother's birthday, and we were going to have lunch with her. I didn't know anything about it at that point. After we left the nursing home, my mom explained what happened. Then we went home and watched footage on the TV. I don't think I really understood the situation then, because I was young.

i was in the middle of class that day freshman year i think and a student ran in and shouted to the whole class "america is under attack oh my god were under attack!"

after 5 minute of fucking with the tv in the room we got it to work (building was old we had to use coaxial cables to a roof antennae cuz the buildings materials blocked all the old analog signals) and lo and behold we came in just in time to see the first tower fall

I was 10 and still cried when told the footage was real and the footage ended to show a depressed news reporter. I was young and the only thing I didn't understand was why someone would intentionally crash into the twin towers or even by a mere stupid accident. I guess I was more clever than most children. And by how things seem to some members, more compassionate.

Best leaving this thread alone before I feel more ill. [/TTFN]

I think it's time we ended this discussion, we will always remember all the people who lost there lives on that an faithful day but it's time we all got along with our lives cause am pretty sure the ones who lost there lives that day wouldn't want us crying over there deaths but rather celebrating there lives and remembering what they lived for.